News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Local players

Author Topic: Local players  (Read 5371 times)

TimpersAlty

Local players
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »

First post on the forum but been an Alty supporter for a number of years . Can't wait for next season, think the league will be fascinating . Got a feeling it will be a league with very little pattern where everyone beats everyone . Can't see any team running away with it .

Anyway obviously know Young is a scouser so expect a lot of the new squad to come from those parts but why do we never seem to have local players from Alty and surrounding areas playing for the club? Know it seems it will be a period of rebuilding wouldn't it be a good chance to give some local players an opportunity?

TA

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Local players
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:02:28 PM »

Coburn is local, Deasy was Manchester, Scott Leather & James Lawrie I understand are both local, Watmore was local....

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »

Sam Heathcote.

TimpersAlty

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »

So of the current squad only Sam Heathcote is a local lad, Lawrie is Northern Irish isn't he ? There must be lots of good players in the area . I know Matty Warburton is local and he's an excellent player for Curzon ! Would be a good signing IMO

Alty_19

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 12:15:53 PM »

Then why don't you go the club and tell the manager about all of the great players I am sure he would like to have them

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 12:19:45 PM »

So of the current squad only Sam Heathcote is a local lad, Lawrie is Northern Irish isn't he ? There must be lots of good players in the area . I know Matty Warburton is local and he's an excellent player for Curzon ! Would be a good signing IMO
Hi Matty, welcome to the forum. What position do you play?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

TimpersAlty

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »

Because I watch quite a bit of local football I do happen to know quite a lot of good players in the Alty area . As for Warburton if you'd watched Curzon you would realise he was a half decent player . Could name 5 or 6 others like him he was merely an example

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »

Because I watch quite a bit of local football I do happen to know quite a lot of good players in the Alty area . As for Warburton if you'd watched Curzon you would realise he was a half decent player . Could name 5 or 6 others like him he was merely an example

After watching them a few times, I do agree on Warburton. He was their standout for sure.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »

Where is Matty Warburton from ?I
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:04:30 PM by Timperley The Best »

TimpersAlty

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »

Having refffed in the timperley and district league for many years I always keep an eye out on the standout players who I have refffed in the past. Dale whitham is another local boy who is captain for Chorley and he's very good . Rory Fallon is an Altrincham lad and he's one of fc Uniteds best players also Sam Sheridan at FC United too is good

bumble

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 06:57:12 PM »

Having refffed in the timperley and district league for many years I always keep an eye out on the standout players who I have refffed in the past. Dale whitham is another local boy who is captain for Chorley and he's very good . Rory Fallon is an Altrincham lad and he's one of fc Uniteds best players also Sam Sheridan at FC United too is good

If you are a ref who still is active - could you PM a mobile number. The supporters team often require one. You'll receive a free match day ticket too.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 07:55:50 PM »

Given how well they did last season, we should definitely be monitoring the likes of Curzon Ashton. Do they have financial backing?

Looking in the other direction - if NY is looking for local lads on loan from the bigger clubs, he should be looking at the likes of James Hooper at Rochdale. Wythenshawe lad whose best position is secondary striker. Very highly rated.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 08:08:34 PM »

Given how well they did last season, we should definitely be monitoring the likes of Curzon Ashton. Do they have financial backing?

Looking in the other direction - if NY is looking for local lads on loan from the bigger clubs, he should be looking at the likes of James Hooper at Rochdale. Wythenshawe lad whose best position is secondary striker. Very highly rated.

He's from Hale or Alty I know  his dad  or did thirty years ago
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Local players