PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clee to guisley
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Clee to guisley  (Read 19190 times)

Jimmy

Re: Clee to guisley
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2016, 02:26:34 PM »

It's a football forum, the people who go on should talk like potential managers,as for Young I'm sure he will do a fine job and out of all the players he has got rid off Clee and Marshall are the only 2 I'd question

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »

I'm surprised the club advertised for a manager, some of the comments on here lead me to believe we have a few potential managers on this forum.
Talk about a poisoned chalice. If we don't win our first two pre season friendlies I can see folks calling for NY's  head.
some people still holding a candle for the Sinnott/Tolson regime unfortunately, they won't support the new regime, sad really. It's that backwards thinking that got us relegated in the first place

I am backing Young 100%

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »

I'm surprised the club advertised for a manager, some of the comments on here lead me to believe we have a few potential managers on this forum.
Talk about a poisoned chalice. If we don't win our first two pre season friendlies I can see folks calling for NY's  head.
some people still holding a candle for the Sinnott/Tolson regime unfortunately, they won't support the new regime, sad really. It's that backwards thinking that got us relegated in the first place

I am backing Young 100%

To be fair, the person "not overwhelmed by the majority of signings so far" was hardly president of the Lee Sinnott fan club.

The other criticisms have been of a fans favourite not being kept on. We don't like change here as has been said but I doubt loyalty to Sinnott has anything to do with it. He's finished now. Gone. Not coming back.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »

What I see happening right now at the club I have supported since 1971 is as refreshing as I have ever seen, we were at almost the lowest ebb I can recall apart from the Les Rigby tenure. We are moving into a new era, if it doesn't work then nobody can say we didn't try. Fully behind the new regime, lets all get behind them too.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2016, 08:13:15 PM »

It's a football forum, the people who go on should talk like potential managers,as for Young I'm sure he will do a fine job and out of all the players he has got rid off Clee and Marshall are the only 2 I'd question

I don't get this obsession with Clee, to be honest. Yes he's been great in the past, but absolutely correct decision to release him

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2016, 08:44:36 AM »

I hope this move works out for Nicky.

I think it shows what a genuine decent bloke he is turning down other secure offers and taking a sort of pay per play opportunity rather than signing a contract and stealing money for not playing like we were victim of with Griffith last season.

He owes us nothing and goes with very best wishes and thanks for many happy memories.

I wonder if we offered him anything similar?

he signed for guisley
nicky nicky clee....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2016, 09:13:09 AM »

I don't get this obsession with Clee, to be honest. Yes he's been great in the past, but absolutely correct decision to release him

I think when all is said and done, every single player released had a question mark against them, be it injury, fitness, value for money, (unfortunately), lack of form/interest/ability.

I loved Nicky Clee. Masha and Tim Deasy excellent too but if we'd kept them on and they had injury problems it would absolutely screw us.

I'm happy with the signings thus far but would like to see 2 or 3 experienced players to complement the young hungry players. You wouldn't want 15 young lads from the lower leagues. Although Hyde romped the league with that Curzon team.

Hennagan, Moult and Reeves gives us a bit of a spine though.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2016, 10:53:49 AM »

Don't forget we also have Shaun Densmore as well; he fits into that category.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2016, 10:54:26 AM »

I think when all is said and done, every single player released had a question mark against them, be it injury, fitness, value for money, (unfortunately), lack of form/interest/ability.

I loved Nicky Clee. Masha and Tim Deasy excellent too but if we'd kept them on and they had injury problems it would absolutely screw us.

I'm happy with the signings thus far but would like to see 2 or 3 experienced players to complement the young hungry players. You wouldn't want 15 young lads from the lower leagues. Although Hyde romped the league with that Curzon team.

Hennagan, Moult and Reeves gives us a bit of a spine though.

There are plenty of lads out there, in their early 30's, looking beyond their immediate football careers. The knack is picking the right ones. For every Colin Little there is a Twiss / Griffith.

I hope we aren't put off the idea of adding 1 or 2 experienced heads in this way - a Cav type player would have saved us last year.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »

Good shout Steve, will be great to have a fit Dens back ( hopefully )

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »

Good shout Steve, will be great to have a fit Dens back ( hopefully )

It's purely a hypothetical question but would Densmore have survived Neil Young's overhaul of the playing squad if he had not been under contract for another season?

He actually made fewer appearances than Clee last season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2016, 01:52:45 PM »

Personally I think he'd have binned all four off
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2016, 04:28:16 PM »

Indeed. Richman was bedevilled by niggling injuries last season and I think the contract saved him. If he's fully fit for the new season he'll be an asset at this level.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »

NY mentioned Moult positively in his first interview as manager, so he may have offered him a new deal, I think. And Heathcote surely fits the player profile he's after and won't be on much money. Densmore and Richman are interesting ones. It's Simon who may have the more convincing to do, given the new signings. It'll also be interesting to see who captains the side - Densmore, Moult or someone else.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clee to guisley