PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley win at Wembley
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Barnsley win at Wembley  (Read 8832 times)

taxi Phil

Barnsley win at Wembley
« on: May 29, 2016, 05:02:03 PM »

In a season full of surprises, the turnabout from being knocked out of the FA Cup at Moss Lane and going rock bottom of League 1, to seeing off Millwall to earn a Championship spot, is right up at the top. Well done to them !

Just a thought....we only had to win one tie to be able to play them this year. Next year we'd have to win four.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Barnsley win at Wembley
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:37:18 PM »

In a season full of surprises, the turnabout from being knocked out of the FA Cup at Moss Lane and going rock bottom of League 1, to seeing off Millwall to earn a Championship spot, is right up at the top. Well done to them !

Just a thought....we only had to win one tie to be able to play them this year. Next year we'd have to win four.

Would we not have to win six? I'm sure Conf North clubs have to start at 2nd qualifying round.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 06:29:16 PM »

I make it that starting in 2QR we would have to win 5 matches before getting to the 3rd round when the Championship and Premiership teams join the competition.

What a fantastic achievement for Barnsley to come from bottom after they played us to promotion in the same season. Well done.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 07:19:38 PM »

One game between two sides shaped the rest of both of their seasons entirely and was the catalyst for one and the downfall for another.

Well done to Barnsley.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »

I make it that starting in 2QR we would have to win 5 matches before getting to the 3rd round when the Championship and Premiership teams join the competition.

What a fantastic achievement for Barnsley to come from bottom after they played us to promotion in the same season. Well done.

I think we start in the 3rd qualifying round.....if I'm wrong it would indeed be five ties.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 08:22:54 PM »

Would we not have to win six? I'm sure Conf North clubs have to start at 2nd qualifying round.

I'm just sh*t at maths  ;D

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »

We enter the Cup at the 2nd Qualifying Round & the Trophy at the 3rd Qualifying Round.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »

Well done to Barnsley, what a transformation since we played you.
You were good playing 442
Sadly we were not

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 09:33:42 PM »

Pleased for Mrs.Laidlar. Her home team. They've done brilliantly.

VofD

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 10:37:33 PM »

Why are people so happy for Barnsley? Don't forget they denied us a £12000 TV fee by not agreeing to put the match back 24 hours.

Instead, we only received a £6000 fee because of BBC World TV. ??? ???

So, I sincerely hope they go straight back down. They treated us with contempt.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:42:55 PM by VofD »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 10:43:53 PM »

Why are people so happy for Barnsley? Don't forget they denied us a £12000 TV fee for not agreeing to put the match back 24 hours. Instead, we only received a £6000 fee because of BBC World TV. ??? ???

It's only being so cheerful that keeps you going isn't it?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

VofD

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:04 PM »

Yes, but these are the facts. Are you quite happy with the fact that they denied us £6000, when as a part-time club we need every single  penny.

Perhaps you would like to make up the shortfall?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:00:15 PM by VofD »

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »

Yes, but these are the facts. Are you quite happy with the fact that they denied us £6000, when as a part-time club we need every single  penny.

Perhaps you would like to make up the shortfall?
We probably made more than that out of beating them and going to Colchester.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 08:51:50 AM »

we should have kicked on after that and strengthened for the colchester game..the Barnsley game the only highlight of last season for me

how can a team that knocks out one league one side, and then come within a defensive nightmare of beating another one get relegated???

not sure how much we made out of the Colchester game, there was only 2,000 there and we had travelling costs etc....macc probably made more in one game out of the 10,000 gate at Portsmouth and losing than we did out of being more succesful!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 10:01:56 AM »

Why are people so happy for Barnsley? Don't forget they denied us a £12000 TV fee by not agreeing to put the match back 24 hours.

Instead, we only received a £6000 fee because of BBC World TV. ??? ???

So, I sincerely hope they go straight back down. They treated us with contempt.

They did what they were entitled to do. An extra £6k would have been nice but its not worth being so spiteful about. There were plenty of positives for us from that match and they were gracious in defeat.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley win at Wembley