News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another signing

Author Topic: Another signing  (Read 5191 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Another signing
« on: June 22, 2016, 07:30:35 PM »

Dear all,
Below is the press release, currently on the official club website and social media, telling of manager Neil Young's latest signing, as well as a further significant addition to be confirmed shortly.

Altrincham's joint press and media officer John Edwards writes: Neil Young has increased his attacking options for the new season by signing striker Danny Hattersley from FC Halifax Town.

The 6ft 3in frontrunner is eager to recapture the form that attracted the attention of several Football League clubs a couple of years ago and is confident he can do it in Altrincham colours after agreeing to add his height and power to Young's new-look Robins squad.

Reflecting on his latest acquisition, Alty boss Young commented: 'I'm very happy to be able to bring Danny to the club, as he is someone I have tried to sign at my previous two clubs. He brings good experience, even though he is only 24, and although his move to Halifax never really worked out, the fact remains that, only 18 months ago, he was being looked at by Football League clubs.

'He has so much to offer, and, given confidence and matches, I think he will be a great addition to our squad. At only 24, 6ft 3in tall and hard-working, he fits the profile of player we are looking to bring to the club.

'We have also agreed a contract with an experienced holding midfield player from the Football League who can also play at centre-back. Once his current contract has finished, we will be able to announce that one as well.'

Hattersley's ability has never been in question, and when Southport signed him from Stockpot County for an undisclosed fee, then-Sandgrounders manager Alan Wright said: 'We have got a real talent on our hands. Danny has all the attributes to be a major force at our level and further up the football pyramid.'

Halifax loaned the Bradford-born forward to Chester last November, and though he failed to score in his two-month stay, he was widely credited with being instrumental in helping fellow-striker Ross Hannah bag seven goals in their eight appearances together.

It's that knack of making an impact for others as well as himself that Young hopes to bring to the fore and put to full use as his rebuilt Alty squad head for what promises to be an intriguing campaign in the Vanarama National League North.

Ends

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Another signing
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »

Welcome Danny, can never have too many forwards, like the sound of the up coming midfield signing also, we really missed Cav last year

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »

Welcome Danny. Enjoy your time here and good luck...

The Squad is now shaping up very nicely...

As an aside, I read in tonight Shropshire Star that Elliot Durrell has had talks with Telford. Apparently Halifax, Boston and Chester are also showing interest in him.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:58 PM »

Agree new midfielder sounds good, just need a second keeper and we are good to go

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:22:12 PM »

Welcome Danny
Keep yourself fit, have the right attitude and fight for the cause (give 100%) and you won't wrong at this club
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:35:51 AM »

Welcome to Alty.

Excellent signing in my view. A lot will depend on how good our wingers are.
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »

Didn't  have a great season by the sound of things but a good pedigree before that.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:27 PM »

Didn't  have a great season by the sound of things but a good pedigree before that.

I think at Conf North level, all our signings are going to have a flaw/bad patch etc.

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »

I think at Conf North level, all our signings are going to have a flaw/bad patch etc.

Disagree. They should all be world beaters. If they aren't then Young doesn't know what he's doing and should go.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another signing