PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goalkeeper needed ASAP
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Goalkeeper needed ASAP  (Read 24105 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Goalkeeper needed ASAP
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »

Andrew Dawber needs to go out on loan to gain 1st team experience at a lower level and we need an experienced keeper in before the start of the season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Goalkeeper needed ASAP
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »

Tim deasey free ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:22:00 PM »

Tim deasey free ?

Rumoured to have joined Salford City

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »

Andrew Dawber needs to go out on loan to gain 1st team experience at a lower level and we need an experienced keeper in before the start of the season.
If we start the season with him in goal, we'll be bottom at the end of August.

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:52:56 PM »

Deasey and Clee were the biggest surprises on the release list for me.  We've been looking for a long term replacement for Stu for a few years without success until last season and then we found one and released him with only an inexperienced kid and no back up lined up - odd

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:05:45 AM »

Having only seen the Chester game I am not enamoured by him at all. I mentioned to a couple of people I was not comfortable starting the season with a 19 year old as our first choice in net. He obviously has some decent attributes, but he hasn't dropped this far so quickly for no reason.

I was surprised that Deasy got released and I'm even more surprised we haven't at least spoken to him this pre-season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 08:57:25 AM »

That's a bit far.

I'm not convinced either, but we've been absolutely spoilt with keepers over the last decade and I'm afraid this is a process that the majority of clubs go through every other season. I'm prepared to give the lad time and trust in Neil Young's decision to bring him in. If it doesn't work out then I'm sure we can find a keeper on loan fairly easily.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »

No mention of Deasy haaving signed for Salford on their forum.Cant see him coming back here though.O'Hara at man u any good ?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »

Deasy was my player of the season.............but wasn't there an issue with him carrying a long term injury and playing with painkillers

My belief is it is NY's strategy that we do not keep any player who we know (upfront) won't be available for every game...........especially those on good wages.....hence the release of Clee and Deasy. I think Dens would have gone as well if not under contract

Keeper last night made two howlers that could have given a goal away.......concerned as well, but trust in NY
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:31:53 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »

That's a bit far.

I'm not convinced either, but we've been absolutely spoilt with keepers over the last decade and I'm afraid this is a process that the majority of clubs go through every other season. I'm prepared to give the lad time and trust in Neil Young's decision to bring him in. If it doesn't work out then I'm sure we can find a keeper on loan fairly easily.

The moment when he practically tripped over the ball when dribbling it back into his area said it all for me. He punches far too many balls out....which suggests he's not confident of catching them safely. Most times when a ball came towards the box he could be heard shouting  "clear it !"  while rooted to his line. Whilst there area other areas that need some attention, Dawber is the one glaring flaw for me. I hope he proves me wrong, but.......

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »

There were quite a few occasions against both Trafford and Utd where he could quite easily have caught the ball but opted to punch it instead. This will put the defenders under needless pressure if it continues. I wouldn't go as far as saying that we'll be bottom by the end of August but the goalkeeping position definitely needs sorting rapidly!!

Guiseley fan

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 04:28:47 PM »

Tim deasey free ?

Played 2nd half for Guiseley yesterday in a friendly

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »

Tim deasey free ?

Played 2nd half for Guiseley yesterday in a friendly

He's a decent keeper mate,you could do a lot worse.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »

Keeper signed..........see main site

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:04 PM »

Callum Preston from Crawley.