PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goalkeeper needed ASAP
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Goalkeeper needed ASAP  (Read 24103 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Goalkeeper needed ASAP
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 09:49:02 PM »

Quote from Ballers.....
I've had quite enough to get over from last season thanks, if we miss out on promotion this season due to an inexperienced keeper costing us points early doors I don't think I'll be that blasé about it.

Keeper very poor tonight!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:18 AM »

NY has already shown that he's STILL trying to work out his best XI. The first name on the team sheet at Harrogate simply has to be Preston. And if Reeves doesn't start I may go and have a one man rant at the bench.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »

NY has already shown that he's STILL trying to work out his best XI. The first name on the team sheet at Harrogate simply has to be Preston. And if Reeves doesn't start I may go and have a one man rant at the bench.

And I'll be right behind you.

Unblievable to start an unseen, unproven 18 year old (no matter his rep) before the only genuine goal scorer we have.

Even though I'd have taken  a draw at 7-45pm, that's a non-sense
Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2016, 01:25:21 PM »

It beggars belief that yet another Alty manager has decided we're better off without Reeves. Particularly in the light of his comments about Reeves in the summer. Barmy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »

It beggars belief that yet another Alty manager has decided we're better off without Reeves. Particularly in the light of his comments about Reeves in the summer. Barmy.

I don't think he's decided we're better off without him. Certain games mean certain tactics will be used. The manager also voiced his displeasure at the amount of football we are thrown into straight away and that to reduce the injury effects this could cause he would use a certain amount of squad rotation at the beginning of the season.

Can we just give the manager the benefit of the doubt for a bit? We haven't exactly started poorly, with 2 draws against two teams people expected to be there or there abouts at the end of the season. Maybe we should have one, maybe we were lucky not to lose. It's early doors.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »

I don't think he's decided we're better off without him. Certain games mean certain tactics will be used. The manager also voiced his displeasure at the amount of football we are thrown into straight away and that to reduce the injury effects this could cause he would use a certain amount of squad rotation at the beginning of the season.

Can we just give the manager the benefit of the doubt for a bit? We haven't exactly started poorly, with 2 draws against two teams people expected to be there or there abouts at the end of the season. Maybe we should have one, maybe we were lucky not to lose. It's early doors.

Reeves only played for an hour on Saturday. If anything I'd have thought he needed more game time for his fitness, not less. I make no judgement about Young overall but I just find it so frustrating that we seem to have found yet another manager who thinks it's a good idea on occasion to drop our best striker by far and one of the greatest goalscorers this club has ever had. Reeves should start every game, it's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:48:45 PM by Leon »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »

Reevesy needs good service to be effective and maybe NY could see at Halifax he wasnt going to get it, especially playing a more defensive formation.
He's probably saving him for the plastic pitch on saturday ;D

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »

Reevesy needs good service to be effective and maybe NY could see at Halifax he wasnt going to get it, especially playing a more defensive formation.
or maybe the loan deal with Burnley says this young lad has to play?

That was the excuse used last season (for not bringing in loan players before it was to late)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:32:34 PM by Meat Ball »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2016, 08:57:17 AM »

Will be interesting to see if AD keeps his place for the next game, based on his big mistake a few days ago. I know what I would do, does NY?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2016, 11:03:11 AM »

That was the excuse used last season (for not bringing in loan players before it was to late)

If you read NY's interview he explains why he played Metz, wanted his pace to get in behind fax and break up their pressing game.
I expect Reevesy back saturday.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »

If you read NY's interview he explains why he played Metz, wanted his pace to get in behind fax and break up their pressing game.

Well Metz managed to not get behind the defence at all. He didn't look quick in the slightest.

Reeves is a better and faster player than either of them. That's a fact. As for anyone suggesting he shouldn't play because the service might not be great, it's ridiculous. What message does that actually send, that we'll give up and play a lesser player. Reevesy's a big boy, I'm sure he realises there are some days service is good and service is bad.

It's crackers.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »

Well Metz managed to not get behind the defence at all. He didn't look quick in the slightest.

Reeves is a better and faster player than either of them. That's a fact. As for anyone suggesting he shouldn't play because the service might not be great, it's ridiculous. What message does that actually send, that we'll give up and play a lesser player. Reevesy's a big boy, I'm sure he realises there are some days service is good and service is bad.

It's crackers.
as always ballers a great post.. if he does not start Saturday I will be heading back into the bar
ParkINson's red and white army

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »

Reeves' record speaks for itself. If he doesn't play due to the potential lack of service, surely that suggests the problem lies with the midfield not providing the right service, and not Reeves. Play to his strengths and he will score.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2016, 09:45:55 AM »

The lack of width doesn't help
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »

Andrew Dawber needs to go out on loan to gain 1st team experience at a lower level and we need an experienced keeper in before the start of the season.
If we start the season with him in goal, we'll be bottom at the end of August.
If we lose today, Nuneaton win, and both Stalybridge and Worcester draw, my prediction will sadly come true two days early.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goalkeeper needed ASAP