News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our best team

Author Topic: Our best team  (Read 5298 times)

taxi Phil

Our best team
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:46:20 AM »

I don't think NY has made his mind up....and I'm a little worried about lack of cover in some positions. My thoughts at the moment : -

Dawber

Heathcote         Cyrus            Hannigan         Patterson

Goodall

Joyce                   Moult           Menagh

Lawrie

Reeves
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:51:45 AM by Romeo 48 »

andrewflynn

Re: Our best team
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:09:43 AM »

I don't think you're far off there, but for me David Lynch has been one of our most impressive signings and deserves a place in the side. I think we'll see a handful of goals born from the way he breaks play up. The tenacious midfielder we've been waiting for.

I've not been convinced by the wingers we've signed but I'm fairly certain we'll start with Hasler-Cregg on the left. I just hope Lawrie doesn't get pushed out wide as well. If it was me I'd pack the middle and rely on the full backs for width. We've got so many midfielders although I'm not too sure what I make of Joyce yet, while Richman appears a shadow of what he used to be unfortunately. That leaves Lynch, Goodall and Moult.

Sincerely hope that Charlton isn't our starting left back. It isn't his position. He quite clearly finds it awkward. Hopefully we can bring someone in which frees up Patterson to start on the right, but for the time being:

Dawber

Heathcote       Cyrus        Hannigan      Patterson

Goodall

Lynch         Moult

Lawrie                   Menagh

Reeves (c)

brinners

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »

It's an okay team, but the obvious problem will be goals. We've seen Cregg has a decent set piece in him and we have Miller to come in yet. I'd start Cain at left back from what I've seen so far.

bumble

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:38:07 PM »

It's an okay team, but the obvious problem will be goals. We've seen Cregg has a decent set piece in him and we have Miller to come in yet. I'd start Cain at left back from what I've seen so far.

We've looked more dangerous from set pieces and Reeves has stopped sulking.

We'll be okay

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »

Is it not reasonable to point out though that the areas that we're lacking in, by general consensus on this thread (and I largely agree btw), are perhaps areas that weren't already covered due to players turning down contracts?

Aside from Deasy and Clee who clearly there were fitness concerns about the two players who turned down offers were Rankine and Leather.

Leather would've been a shoo in at left back at this point and for all we were a bit disjointed with Ranks last season I don't think NY would've signed both (or even either) of Hattersley and Hobson.

Whereas in other areas there was a slight surprise (Luca) then we've had two decent halves already lined up and signed early doors.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »

Dawber

Patterson         Cyrus           Hannigan(c)    LOAN

Moult          Goodall        Lynch

Menagh                                           Hassler-Cregg

Reeves                                               

bumble

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »

Is it not reasonable to point out though that the areas that we're lacking in, by general consensus on this thread (and I largely agree btw), are perhaps areas that weren't already covered due to players turning down contracts?

Aside from Deasy and Clee who clearly there were fitness concerns about the two players who turned down offers were Rankine and Leather.

Leather would've been a shoo in at left back at this point and for all we were a bit disjointed with Ranks last season I don't think NY would've signed both (or even either) of Hattersley and Hobson.

Whereas in other areas there was a slight surprise (Luca) then we've had two decent halves already lined up and signed early doors.

Leather and Rankine were both offered deals though. They didnt want to stay due to a better financial offer in Leather's case and probably in Rankines

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 10:21:03 AM »

Dawber

Reeves                                               

I think this team has a decent balance to it. If Moult and Goodall can cover adequately, I'd possibly look at pushing Lynch in front of them through the middle.

If NY is in contact with FL clubs, he should be on the phone to Keith Hill at Rochdale, asking to take Scott Tanser for a bit. Young left back that emerged season before last, looks short on confidence for them this pre-season and would do wonders for him to come down to us for a bit.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »

Leather and Rankine were both offered deals though. They didnt want to stay due to a better financial offer in Leather's case and probably in Rankines

That you for repeating that Jack??....

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 02:33:09 PM »

Dawber

Reeves                                               

I think this team has a decent balance to it. If Moult and Goodall can cover adequately, I'd possibly look at pushing Lynch in front of them through the middle.

If NY is in contact with FL clubs, he should be on the phone to Keith Hill at Rochdale, asking to take Scott Tanser for a bit. Young left back that emerged season before last, looks short on confidence for them this pre-season and would do wonders for him to come down to us for a bit.

I'd be very surprised if Lawrie is left out and can't see Hasler-Cregg starting, not strong enough for this league. Personally I'd start Richman on the right in preference to Menagh, who hasn't shown that much in the friendlies I've seen, then we'd at least have some bite and plenty of energy in midfield. Reeves up front with Lawrie supporting, which we all know is his best but rarely played position.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 03:10:54 PM »

It's all about opinions, but those who went to the Chester game should remember how well Charlton played at left back, indeed there were several posts on here to that affect. I'd give him more time, and not bin him on the basis of an iffy game at Trafford ( he was not on his own that night ) and the games against United and Crewe who had players against him who are far superior to what he'll face in the league.

We need to give these lads a chance to bed in, rather than be so reactive to less than perfect performances every game.

Congrats to NY for bringing in Hannigan and Cyrus...looks a really solid pair. Lynch and Patterson have also done very well, added to Goodall and things are shaping up well.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our best team