News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We're looking solid

Author Topic: We're looking solid  (Read 4860 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
We're looking solid
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:45:44 PM »

Got some very good players signed up for the coming season. Strong Burnley side that tonight despite being advertised as an u21 side, few million quids worth of talent on display. We are going to be hard to beat this season on the evidence of the last three games against superior opposition. Don't expect the 5-0 then 6-1 wins followed by 0-2 defeats of our last stint in this league. If we get our forward line correct and take our chances in games, we'll be pretty formidable 

Bath Alty

Re: We're looking solid
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 12:30:42 AM »

I'm slightly concerned that we still seem to have the ability to adjust our performance level to just below that needed to actually win a game - we play sh*te against poor teams and really well against really good teams.  we've done it for years now in the league - getting decent results against the teams at the top, draws at home 'creditable' narrow defeats away and yet not beating the teams around us at the bottom.  I know it's only pre-season and performance is more important than results but still I'd love to see us play well against a poor team

brinners

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:19:48 AM »

The two centre halves will be the envy of the league and Sam Patterson is one of the most impressive signings I've seen at Alty for some time. I worry a little (effective though they may be) that Goodall, Moult and Lynch are all very similar to each other and present little threat going forward. We are definitely short up front and I hope the new player NY talks about, is a nippy premier league academy lad who can support Reevesy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »

Last night was a fair indication of what NY has in mind. We were competitive in midfield and steady at the back. Special mention for Richman who was far more like his old self. Nobody looked out of place. BUT.....

......while we won't concede many, scoring goals still looks a problem. Hobson is better than Hattersley, but not really any improvement on Kyle Perry. Reevesy needs more support and a better supply line. NY will certainly have realised that, and I'm sure he's working flat out on it.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:43:58 AM »

Excited about the new season and yet haven't seen the players but surely we need more cover for centre and left back.
Sounds like we need some decent wide players and defo need another striker, not seen Hobson or Hattersy but why two big strikers?  Those days have gone unless you have someone like Rankine who had it all apart from looking overweight and sulked a lot. We need a rapid forward who can hold his own, let's unearth a Rashford or Watmore player from the top clubs. I am sure NY is on it, he seems to looking in the direction I like which is basically organised, fit, high tempo players. Sounds like we have some top centre mids who will close down and put it about.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 12:27:14 PM »

I liked the look of young Cain at full back if we dont have a loan player avaliable.

Wouldnt mind him playing LW  either.

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 01:21:27 PM »

I liked the look of young Cain at full back if we dont have a loan player avaliable.

Wouldnt mind him playing LW  either.

Certainly got plenty of energy and reads the game well. I'd certainly consider him for LB with Patterson on the right.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »

What's happened to that winger Sean Miller?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 05:11:09 PM »

He picked up an injury, but is set to feature at witton on Monday

arnald

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 06:04:23 PM »

Are the fans warming up Pete ?
I'm nearly ready just need to no if the
Cider has gone down in price after relegation ?

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 01:36:48 AM »

Agree Daz should be the main club policy after going down

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »

Are the fans warming up Pete ?
I'm nearly ready just need to no if the
Cider has gone down in price after relegation ?

Well, in light of the fact that season ticket prices have remained at the same level (notwithstanding relegation to a lower division and there being two fewer home league fixtures during the season), I would advise you not to get your hopes up regarding the prospect of there being any reduction to the price of cider in the CSH...!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We're looking solid