News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 segregation

Author Topic: segregation  (Read 5232 times)

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
segregation
« on: August 02, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »

All games at Altrincham fc in conference north will start segregated this season.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: segregation
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »

Fair enough but hopefully common sense will prevail when the likes of BPA bring 15 and the segregation will be dropped for that game.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »

Segregated apart from anyone sat down in the main or family stands ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »

Great news, the bar areas are full enough anyway. It's an away match not a tea dance. I fully expect to be segregated away from home. People can stand in their chosen regular spot without having their match day experience changed for the benefit of a few people that might turn up once a year

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »

Great news, the bar areas are full enough anyway. It's an away match not a tea dance. I fully expect to be segregated away from home. People can stand in their chosen regular spot without having their match day experience changed for the benefit of a few people that might turn up once a year

I fully agree..............but would also allow teams to change ends at HT (if no trouble expected) when the away fans have come in a taxi
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »

I fully agree..............but would also allow teams to change ends at HT (if no trouble expected) when the away fans have come in a taxi

As a general rule I'd say anything over 20 should be segregated.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 03:31:02 PM »

I always think this is an issue that gets overlooked. If I was a Main Stand ST holder I wouldn't be impressed. I know it's been mentioned before and it's also where sponsors sit but any reason why a portion of the family stand couldn't be for the exclusive use of away fans who want a seat and Main Stand for home fans only? I can only think at this level about two games max where we wouldn't have enough seats for away fans in the family stand. Let them use the toilets and catering in the away end.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 04:29:14 PM »

Would that be Phil's taxi  :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 05:38:52 PM »

Would that be Phil's taxi  :D

Definitely not !
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:22:24 PM by Romeo 48 »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 07:54:15 AM »

I always think this is an issue that gets overlooked. If I was a Main Stand ST holder I wouldn't be impressed. I know it's been mentioned before and it's also where sponsors sit but any reason why a portion of the family stand couldn't be for the exclusive use of away fans who want a seat and Main Stand for home fans only? I can only think at this level about two games max where we wouldn't have enough seats for away fans in the family stand. Let them use the toilets and catering in the away end.

A lot of elderly people use the family stand because they are unable to climb the steps in the Main Stand.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »

One of the nice things about the family stand is that, generally speaking, foul language isn't a major problem. Once you open it more to away fans, then this could change.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »

One of the nice things about the family stand is that, generally speaking, foul language isn't a major problem. Once you open it more to away fans, then this could change.

Its never been a problem in the main stand though so it shouldnt change!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 segregation