PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First game thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: First game thoughts?  (Read 12322 times)

bighairedmike

Re: First game thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »

Hobson hasn't had much of a pre-season and NY keeps telling us he will be a touch off the pace at first. The only way to get him match for is for him to be playing. Given a few other attacking options were out (ill or injured) I'm not surprised he was used later on in the game, especially if Reeves wasn't looking like scoring (through lack of service, not his endeavour). As soon as other players are fit/the loan system is used, I would expect him to be sent out on loan to get game time which is obviously what he needs.

What were people's thoughts on Miller? What position was he playing and what is his "natural" position? I know nothing about him.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »

Far more positive than negative to take away from the game, and it's been a while since come away from Moss Lane saying that:

Lawrie looks hungry again, defensively we looked solid and bar the goals cannot remember Dawber making a clear cut save.

Yes, we didn't create much ourselves, but the feeling that when Reeves (not his sort of game, the change fully justified) gets clicking I think we will be fine. We'll need more players to support him with the goals, but I'm confident the burden won't be solely on his shoulders.

No reason why we can't move further in to this season with a positive attitude and being there or thereabouts
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 11:42:09 PM »

Why wasn't it Reevesy's game then? He's played plenty of games in this league against kick and rush teams like Darlington and scored goals. I would suggest the reason he didn't make much impression was the awful lack of service. Jake was on his own in forward positions with Goodall being too far back and obviously not quick enough to get forward and Lynch doesn't have any creativity in his game. He's Simon Richman with a left foot.

Could I ask why on earth we haven't got a suitable left back in by the start of the season?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 07:31:45 AM »

I didnt think it was too bad, 7/10 for me, don't forget that the Darlington team had been together for ages.  The issue was connection between the midfield and the strike force with Lawrie playing v deep for a forward, looked more 451 to me.  All over the pitch we looked more committed and first to the ball.  Had a number of great chances last 10 mins.  Thought the ref had a bad last 10 but overall a fair result.
Concerned that we need to pick some points up from Halifax away, harrogate (plastic pitch) away and fylde home.  Looks like it will be easier in sept.
Rapid partner for reeves required
Bernard Taylors barmy army

arnald

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2016, 08:36:59 AM »

I thought we had a lot of energy for the 90 minutes my opinion is that we
Will finish in the top ten we won't go up but in a couple of seasons we will be strong enough
A darlington fan said  he expected a 4 nil loss so we have bigger teams to come

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »

Well i thought it was dreadful....like watching a team of centre halves..

Lots of improvement needed to build on a solid hard working back 8

No left back still and absolutly no width no creativity and reeves chasing hopeless causes for 60 mins.

Centre halves very solid lawrie played well but is far more effective playing just behind reeves...oh and it was a nice day weather wise...

Solid but awful.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2016, 03:29:36 PM »

Already can see that Hobson isn't good enough and if Hattersy is worst than that's two we can maybe release. We need a left back, two decent wide players with creativity and a quick striker. Get Clee back on pay as you play.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 03:31:11 PM »

Already can see that Hobson isn't good enough and if Hattersy is worst than that's two we can maybe release. We need a left back, two decent wide players with creativity and a quick striker. Get Clee back on pay as you play.

He started for Guiseley yesterday, closer to home for him and probably on more money ,cant see him coming back

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 05:44:05 PM »

He started for Guiseley yesterday, closer to home for him and probably on more money ,cant see him coming back

I think you'll find Nicky wouldn't set foot inside Moss Lane again....unless we get Guiseley in the cup.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2016, 06:01:50 PM »

I think you'll find Nicky wouldn't set foot inside Moss Lane again....unless we get Guiseley in the cup.

Why ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »

Didn't we sign two wingers pre-season?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »

Why ?
a single phone call after so many years here to say you are not wanted is probably a big reason
Come on you red and white........

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

Didn't we sign two wingers pre-season?
Miller is too stocky and slow to be a winger, might end up being a good player but he has number 10 written all over his stature.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »

One positive from yesterday is we competed for every header. Over the last three or four seasons we have often not bothered contesting and then hoped we'd win the second ball. Very frustrating.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »

Why ?
a single phone call after so many years here to say you are not wanted is probably a big reason
Probably not far off the mark. You can't blame him can you?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First game thoughts?