PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First game thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: First game thoughts?  (Read 12317 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: First game thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »

Already can see that Hobson isn't good enough and if Hattersy is worst than that's two we can maybe release. We need a left back, two decent wide players with creativity and a quick striker. Get Clee back on pay as you play.

He started for Guiseley yesterday, closer to home for him and probably on more money ,cant see him coming back

I think you'll find Nicky wouldn't set foot inside Moss Lane again....unless we get Guiseley in the cup.

Why ?
a single phone call after so many years here to say you are not wanted is probably a big reason

How many phone calls is appropriate to tell a player they have been released?

Or should he have been dragged all the way to Moss Lane for a face to face meeting?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 09:00:58 AM »

Already can see that Hobson isn't good enough and if Hattersy is worst than that's two we can maybe release. We need a left back, two decent wide players with creativity and a quick striker. Get Clee back on pay as you play.

He started for Guiseley yesterday, closer to home for him and probably on more money ,cant see him coming back

I think you'll find Nicky wouldn't set foot inside Moss Lane again....unless we get Guiseley in the cup.

Why ?
a single phone call after so many years here to say you are not wanted is probably a big reason

Or should he have been dragged all the way to Moss Lane for a face to face meeting?

I think he would have been notified no differently to any of the other lads who were released. he was a popular and vital team member but obviously NY has different plans and thoughts. No gold watch for Nicky Im afraid.

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 09:36:51 AM »

It's hilarious really. A grand total of one competitive game before talk begins about ex players. Nicky was a great servant for us but he's gone now, he won't be coming back and I don't understand why people think the club are entitled to just take him back as and when.

Give Neil Young and his squad time to settle in to their positions. BHC would have started on the left but for a throat infection, and Miller is not match-sharp yet. Hopefully it will come with games. We look very organised and it seems we have a great platform to build on from the back.

Until then, for the time being I think people need to worry about how they're getting to games and leave the punditry alone. "Dreadful?" f**k me. Probably the same people who booed at full time.

roytonmike

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2016, 10:02:52 AM »

It's hilarious really. A grand total of one competitive game before talk begins about ex players. Nicky was a great servant for us but he's gone now, he won't be coming back and I don't understand why people think the club are entitled to just take him back as and when.
Give Neil Young and his squad time to settle in to their positions. BHC would have started on the left but for a throat infection, and Miller is not match-sharp yet. Hopefully it will come with games. We look very organised and it seems we have a great platform to build on from the back.
Until then, for the time being I think people need to worry about how they're getting to games and leave the punditry alone. "Dreadful?" f**k me. Probably the same people who booed at full time.
Couldn't agree more with this! I hope people will be realistic in their expectations - though I fear they won't be. Rome wasn't (re)built in a day & it will take longer than some appear to think to get things how we'd all like. This league may not be the best in terms of technical level of football but it is going to be very competitive & we are far from being the best placed to compete financially. Give the management time & show a bit of patience, please.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »

I may be wrong but I think the booing at the end was aimed at the referee.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »

I agree, any booing was directed towards the officials not the team

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2016, 07:57:05 PM »

If somebody rang me repeatedly to say I wasn't wanted at work anymore I would consider it harassment

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »

If somebody rang me repeatedly to say I wasn't wanted at work anymore I would consider it harassment
funny
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First game thoughts?