PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peter Band leaves Altrincham
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Peter Band leaves Altrincham  (Read 11693 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Band leaves Altrincham
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »

Peter Band owes Altrincham absolutely nothing! I think therefore it's more than a bit rich for anyone to criticise him or to call his loyalty or commitment into question.

He, like others before him who have been discarded, has turned out for us when he wasn't fit but didn't want to let us down.

Perhaps he's pre empting the elbow, whichever and whatever, he deserves our thanks and good wishes for the future WHEREVER he ends up (may have to barrack him a bit if/when he plays against us though!)

Personally I'll send him and Lou all the best with huge appreciation to them both!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »

Re. Peter Band's departure:

Perhaps he was simply embarrassed by the fact that his wife revealed on this very Forum that she is a Take That groupie!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »

No player owes Alty anything so credit to those who are staying to fight the cause.

With Bandy gone I'm hoping it's a sign we'll be playing more sexy football this season.

I was also delighted to see the Cote mention Kieran and Eddie...not a bad swap deal for bandy that i'd say.

Also great to see youth being given a chance with Talbs staying!

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 10:47:31 AM »

Many thanks for all your fantastic efforts during your time with Alty Bandy. Good luck whatever the future may hold for you, you're a fantastic bloke and you've always given your heart and soul in an Alty shirt.

Gary Talbot has been a fantastic servant of Altrincham Football Club and I told him as much at the Race Night. Can't help feeling it might have been wise to bring in someone a bit younger at this stage but maybe his aerial ability will be a big asset in Blue Square North. Not sure the mere ability to head the ball justifies a place in a small squad of 16 players though.     ???

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

16 players is small but we have retained our squad from last year so i doubt wages will have gone down much, the players we have lost will have shed the wage budget by just enough, would have prefered there to be 18 or so as i'm sure GH would have but moneys tight so we get the best in on our budget if that means only 16 man squad so be it, means the reserves can be blooded better if injuries should arise.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »

I think therefore it's more than a bit rich for anyone to criticise him or to call his loyalty or commitment into question.

Nobody has done either of those things as far as I can see.

???  ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 10:56:40 AM »

Bandys done well for us and is a nice bloke, if he goes back to Hyde then good luck to him. That's where he started off so I know he's well thought of and it doesn't bother me. I wish him well. I got the feeling at the race night that he wasn't quite as in with the crowd Bush and co as he might be, maybe a bit square for them. So at 33 he moves on. I think he played very well for us last season although as a partnership I think Rose and Munroe were the key for us, especially distributionwise, altho whether that's the case in the ConfNorth we will (unfortunately have to) find out.

AltySi

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:02 PM »

A bit surprised at this to be honest.

Good luck for the future bandy, and please don't be going back to Northwich!

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »

Surprised also.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 01:43:37 PM »

Peter Band owes Altrincham absolutely nothing! I think therefore it's more than a bit rich for anyone to criticise him or to call his loyalty or commitment into question.

Yeah, I bet he cant believe all thise criticism hes getting on here

:-\ ??? ::)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »

Quote from the Official Site:

Heathcote told SAM Sport: 'Bandy has decided it's time for him to move on, it's as simple as that. It's a shame because he's a good player and he's done a good job for us the last two seasons but this is the second time he's left the club now. Now I just want a core squad of 16 fully fit and committed players to start the season...

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what Graham means?

markecky

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »

As I read it means

"Bandy has been in to see me and said he's off. Not that surprised really as he had done it before.  Its a shame because he is quite good but thats life.  If he does not want to  be here, I can't make him and will get someone in who does"

How do you read it then?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »

Peter Band leaving should be viewed as a good omen for Alty.

After all, the last time that he abandoned Moss Lane and fled to Northwich, we went on to get promoted back to the Conference!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 06:52:58 PM »

A big loss in my opinion.

Always gave 100%, top bloke and (I thought) bled red and white stripes. Would love to know why he left but onwards and upwards.

A like for like replacement would be Garry Burke who I believe will not be with Droylscum next season, bit long in the toothe but would be good cover for Munro (hopefully) and Rose.

The main question is what will happen to the very small Alty shirt with 'Band Jnr' ?
Full time and proud of it

harv

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 07:26:44 PM »

cannot belive he has done this again to another club being relegated from the conference i.e us twice and vics once

come on mrs band you cannot be proud
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peter Band leaves Altrincham