PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peter Band leaves Altrincham
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Peter Band leaves Altrincham  (Read 11681 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Band leaves Altrincham
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »

I understand a football player wants to play at the best possible level, however i agree with the view that we need players here who have Altrincham at there heart Bandy obviously wants to play firstly in the Blue chip whoever that may be with, so in the long run for the club and the team its probably for the best.

PS thanks for your efforts while with us you rarely dissapointed
Come on you red and white........

mrsband

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 10:54:50 AM »

Firstly, this is from me, nothing to do with Bandy.
I wasnt even going to lower myself to reply to some of the comments that have been put on this and another post, but why shouldn't I?
Not everyone is vindictive, and there have been more positive comments than negative.
Bandy is not leaving under a bad cloud, he has simply said he wants to move on and feels that now is the right time. He has his own reasons, and he doesnt have to explain himself to anyone. (Except ME!!).

cannot belive he has done this again to another club being relegated from the conference i.e us twice and vics once

come on mrs band you cannot be proud
YES I AM PROUD actually, he has achieved a lot considering he was a sunday league player. He hasnt been at any academy or league club, but he HAS battled his way up to play credible semi-pro football. He's never purposefully played below his capability, never moaned about being played out of position, never complained if the ball isnt played directly to his feet, and so on.

All in all, he has been a bloody good servant to this club like it or not, and to slag him off is out of order.
He has never screwed the club for a contract, or money, or anything else. He has helped with fundraising, and off the field events.

Have your opinions about his footballing skills by all means, not a problem, but getting personal crosses the line and its not on.
Nobody has the right to judge him or call him a Judas for gods sake. He heard it all last time, (and its frankly quite boring), when he left to play for a conference club, and kept them in the conference by scoring the goal that did it by the way. (Regardless of the fact it was Northwich who I really really didnt like but thats beside the point).
He came back after being asked to on numerous occasions by the people that actually matter at the club, i.e. the manager etc. Not the other way round.
All I know is that he WONT be going to play for Northwich (over my dead body) or Droylsden (ditto), and that he hasnt actually signed for anyone yet.
Playing for Alty is a job, you are employed by the club, just like you are employed by your boss at work, simple as. have you all workrd for the same people for all your life? Probably not in most cases. This is no different, so why is it such a bloody big deal?

Anyway, thanks to those who have wished him well, I will miss it all, Max will miss the people who have always made us welcome, but thats life folks, rant over.

PS. Robininstockport - Max's shirt will be framed to go alongside his dads framed alty shirt (cos he was always proud to wear it).

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »

Well said Mrs Band  :)

Good luck to both you and Peter :)

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »

May I just say i think this time Peter has left for the right reasons for himself and Alty and no grudges are held from me for this departure (unlike last time). Personally I think Peter wants and maybe deserves to be a star of his team and last season was often behind Rose and Munroe or shunted into midfield and he didn't fancy another season of that.

He did exceptionally well to win us back though after defecting to Northwich  when had Bandy stayed at that time he would have been part of the heroic play off squad. It is sad that someone like Bandy who undoubtedly gave 110% for Alty wasn't involved in that and will never have merories of that fantastic 2 weeks or be remembered for them...but that's football!

Bandy also appreciated the fans at Alty and I hope he treasures his POY trophies the people 'who matter' at the club rewarded him with.

My fave memory of bandy apart from seeing his bandy legged determination on the pitch has to be his grovelling at last yeasr race night when he apologised profusely for his errant ways in joing Vics...true repentance!!

Oh and I think Mrs Band's rating of Peter as a Sunday league player was shameful...worse than being described as a headless chicken.......no wonder he's left when he gets such criticism....you'd expect more loyalty from the missus!

teasybeaver

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »

This is football, its what happens. Things get said and opinions get cast from the knowledge you have at your disposal. Yes, some things said on this thread are both incorrect and ridiculous but in all fairness they aren't as bad as what has been said about several of our current 1st team players in the past.

I will stand with Jezza on this that 1st time round Mr Band earnt the title of judas, and in football these things will always get said, like it or lump it. This time round I don't really see what all the fuss is about, however i've re-affirmed what I said all along.

You can be very proud of Peter, not many goals that good have been scored at Woodley Sports! I do mean it when I say it was all a bit 'judas', but I also sincerely mean it when I say all the best for the future.

Perhaps not taking the fans forum so seriously would be the best advice, we're not exactly 'right wing ultras', we're just directing our passion for Alty!

mrsband

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »

You're right Jezza, Bandy ALWAYS appreciated the fans, and those bloody trophies are in the cabinet which I have to dust every week!
I must say though, Bandy doesn't want to be the star of any team, just not that type of guy at all. And if he was behind the other defenders last season, surely Graham wouldn't have played his as first choice before one of them? (just my opinion).
No, Bandy wasnt involved in that final 2 weeks when promotion was won,but we were at the play off final, and I had sit next to him saying "it should of been me" - I think he learnt his lesson there and paid for it for sure!

As for the 'judas' tag, I personally just don't like that label. I think he definitely earnt a title last time - maybe Idiot was more appropriate, but this time round he most certainly is NOT behaving Judas-like at all, sometimes people just need a new challenge that's all.

Best of  luck for next season.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 01:09:48 PM »

Firstly, I'd like to thank Bandy for his nothing less than 120% effort and dedication in the past 2 years and that Mrs Band, you're spot on. Good luck for the future.

Secondly, Perhaps we as fans should be more interested in whether or not the Bushell and Munroe are going to sign for another year.

mrsband

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 01:28:44 PM »

By the way, any chance of a few Goodwins before I go?
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »

I have posted a short tribute to Bandy on the STAR website.

Note he did not get one when he left for Vics and had he never left for Vics he would have got one bigger than the one I did for Mad-Dog!!!

Oh and I have given you a Goodwin for sheer unquestioning loyalty to Peter...as we appreciate that at Alty.

All the best
xx

tonybrads

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »

well said mrs band. good luck bandy you still owe me that game of pool lol.

man in the stand

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 07:33:56 PM »

I can add my thanks to Bandy for all his hard work at Alty and good luck at Hyde..

Apologies to Mrs B if any offence caused by other posters and best wishes to you and family..

MitS

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »

Well Said Mrs Band, good Luck Bandy, Thanks for all the memories.

louise1925

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 11:02:15 PM »

Good luck Bandy and thanks for all your efforts at Alty - you can always change your mind you know!
However, time to move on. The poster suggesting we should now be discussing whether Munroe/Bushell are going to re-sign is quite right. It is now imperative we get as many as last season's squad to stay with us for our promotion fight.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

It is now imperative we get as many as last season's squad to stay with us for our promotion fight.

Apart from Andy Scott...!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »

sad loss to the club,i was shocked to read he was leaving,but good luck to him wherever he ends up.same with Tabs another good servant,people forget that the conferance was made up of mostly fulltimers and all the players gave their all for tis club.GOOD LUCK PETER nad Thanks
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peter Band leaves Altrincham