PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Young Out.  (Read 54347 times)

Stan Hibbert

Young Out.
« on: August 17, 2016, 07:08:57 AM »

The guy has to go.

He has proven in the 11 games in which he has been at the helm (in which we have won only 1) that he has not got a clue what he's doing.

He didn't have a clue when he had his clear out and he hasn't got a clue as to where to play the players he has brought in. Moult at LB for god's sake. What's all that about?

Not a single player he has brought in is better than what we we let go and most are far worse.

Whether we lost 6-0 or 1-0 last night the fact that we looked awful as a team was the most startling thing. We were clueless and still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing.

We need to distance ourself from this man before he ruins our club.

arnald

Re: Young Out.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:15:26 AM »

I'm not saying young  out but with the mass changes and no deasey it has
Put altrincham  in danger on and off the pitch

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »

The guy has to go.

He has proven in the 11 games in which he has been at the helm (in which we have won only 1) that he has not got a clue what he's doing.

He didn't have a clue when he had his clear out and he hasn't got a clue as to where to play the players he has brought in. Moult at LB for god's sake. What's all that about?

Not a single player he has brought in is better than what we we let go and most are far worse.

Whether we lost 6-0 or 1-0 last night the fact that we looked awful as a team was the most startling thing. We were clueless and still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing.

We need to distance ourself from this man before he ruins our club.

Like others on here, I have refrained from commenting about the manager on the basis of allowing him to prove his worth. Well 11 games is sufficient and he has proved his worth. If we add his track record at Stockport into the mix, I agree with most of the above. He is worthless. As for players, I think Hannigan and Cyrus could be considered a good pairing but last night Cyrus was as bad as the rest. Patterson is half-decent too. All the other newcomers can be shipped out, not on loan, but permanently. The fact that James Lawrie is our stand-out player says it all really, particularly when some of us (me included) were amazed that he'd been retained ahead of some of the others. I always thought Sinnott was clueless but this bloke takes "clueless " to dizzy heights.

I doubt if quality players will want to come to Alty and play for this fella either. So we are stuck with this shower, to be followed by the next shower, and the next.....etc. The mire we are in now is considerably deeper and browner than at the end of last season. Directors, grow some balls and get shut now.

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 08:05:25 AM »

a clueless performance and young did not respond quick enough, let's hope we can turn this around quickly otherwise I fear for the future

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 08:23:48 AM »

Over reaction and unfair I feel.  Yes it was dreadful, if this continues I'd agree, however, its a one off result - we were competitive at halifax and harrogate and should have beaten darlington, that has not all suddenly disappeared.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 08:28:32 AM »

It is too early for that last night was a freak result although we were poor fylde would have beaten most conf national sides and a few from league 2

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 08:42:37 AM »

I hate to say "I told you so", but I was vilified on here for suggesting we needed to consolidate as much as possible with the squad we had.

Clearing the decks works 1 time in 10 at this level, and when it does work, it's normally like Cheltenham last season where they had one of the biggest budgets around.  We don't.

Football is a simple game over-complicated by idiots - Sinnott had his moments, but this fella is ridiculous.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 08:43:51 AM »

Too soon for this sort of post

However we have numerous fans stating we urgently need players

We will be in Sept soon and we don't have a settled squad and some poor decisions made all ready

We have more coaching staff than ever so in theory we should be brilliantly set up by now

It all feels pretty amateur at the moment

Neil has gone on record just days ago saying we can compete with the big boys at this level ... time to prove it
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 09:48:57 AM »

Sinnott said every season give it eight games for a squad to gel.

We've played the 4 sides I expect to be in the playoffs

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »

I'm inclined to agree based on the fact that last night's tactical errors were things that every fan in attendance found glaringly obvious.

However now is time for Young and Jones to prove their worth. Three points at Gainsborough an absolute must.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 11:09:05 AM »

Over reaction and unfair I feel.  Yes it was dreadful, if this continues I'd agree, however, its a one off result - we were competitive at halifax and harrogate and should have beaten darlington, that has not all suddenly disappeared.
we lost 0-6 at home in regional football, nothing is an over reaction

Acceptance of sh*t is what got us into this mess in the first place

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 11:12:32 AM »

so everything ok then? 0-6 defeats acceptable because the team still needs to gel?

Why you quoting Sinnott now?

neil.dummigan

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 11:53:39 AM »

The worst game at moss lane since I started watching Alty in 1979. He must act and get a goalkeeper now! Of the players he has brought in only three come up to scratch (Patterson,Cyrus, and Hannigan.). It is desperate  to play your coach at left back when they said he wouldn't play much. He is to slow. Why have a centre half sat on the bench when we needed one on the pitch. Very strange. Just not good enough.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 11:57:41 AM »

I hate to say "I told you so", but I was vilified on here for suggesting we needed to consolidate as much as possible with the squad we had.

Clearing the decks works 1 time in 10 at this level, and when it does work, it's normally like Cheltenham last season where they had one of the biggest budgets around.  We don't.

Football is a simple game over-complicated by idiots - Sinnott had his moments, but this fella is ridiculous.

I was in exactly the same boat for being negative right from the off and predicting an 18th at best finish but after seeing what Young did at Stockport I just couldn't see anything positive about the appointment and the squad he has assembled. I actually said to Cult the week after Tolson was sacked, "please don't let Neil Young anywhere near our club"!

Why on earth we have signed players released by, at the time, poor Chester, Stockport and Southport sides? At least when Sinnott took over a number of his signings had had reasonable seasons prior to joining us. I know he signed a few duds in his time but I don't think any of them measure up to some of the current squad.

Another worrying thing is that I wonder if the fella has forgotten how to win a football game. If we don't avoid defeat on Saturday, and I'll be highly surprised if we do, then Young will have completed 21 games with one win, that's half a Conference North season. If that's not relegation form I don't know what is!

Oh and I wonder what his contacts are like at The Etihad as I believe they have a keeper looking to go out on loan!!!!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »

so everything ok then? 0-6 defeats acceptable because the team still needs to gel?

Why you quoting Sinnott now?

Because Sinnott was a good manager for a good majority of his time here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.