PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Young Out.  (Read 54326 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Young Out.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »

Sinnott said every season give it eight games for a squad to gel.

We've played the 4 sides I expect to be in the playoffs
so everything ok then? 0-6 defeats acceptable because the team still needs to gel?

Why you quoting Sinnott now?

Because Sinnott was a good manager for a good majority of his time here.

Yep.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sinnott justify running with a small squad so at least we could get some quality players in? To be honest this worked pretty well until it all went pear-shaped last season but it's a policy I'm much more in favour of than Young's "quantity rather than quality" methods.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 01:05:28 PM »

As terrible as last night was, he needs longer than 4 league games.

Much more of last night though and people may stop bothering to pay and watch...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »

Eastleigh have sacked Chris told already

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »

i remember a manager getting sacked early in the season(cannot remeber his name),sometime in the early 70s and we ended up with the best team in FOOTBALL once the new manager found his feet
Harold

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »

One thing that keeps cropping up is this question of why we got rid of most of last seasons players

Why didn't we keep this player, why release that player etc etc - Have people not got it yet ? It is the budget cut that comes with relegation

We could have kept Clee, Havern, Marshall, Leather, Rankine, Deasy, Moult, Reeves, Richman, Densmore of course if we wanted to, but doubt any of us would be happy with a 12 man squad + youths

I suspect they had to go - NYs job is to build a team that matches the budget - not sure he has - but we will see after ten games
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

brinners

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »

I disagree that ALL those players had to go. Tim was desperate to stay and I doubt his wage would have amounted to Dawber and Prestons combined - with the added bonus that he is actually a keeper. The manager also chose to offer lesser terms to players like Ranks, so he could bring in duplicates like Hobson and Hattersley who cannot score. I get most of the departures, but perhaps there were one or two too many.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »

I'd rather a small squad that if stayed fit had a chance of getting us up,  over a large squad that has no chance of getting us up.

Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »

I don't disagree Brinners / Stockport............maybe more of a balance; old versus new / quality versus quantity was needed.

My point was; and I heard it on the terraces last night as well, in the answer to the question / moans of "why haven't we kept all the good players from Conf National to get us straight back up from Conf North", it is because we could not afford to. The point seems lost on some
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty is back

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »

Putting aside the rel3vqnt point about finance, its alsomfaitbto say that had NY kept last seaons players he'd have critic7sed onnhere for sticking with the failures that took us down.

Pressure on NY, the players and the club to bounce back V Gainsborough.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »

The majority of signings NY has made are not up to standard and I'm sure there must've been better options out there in the summer.

Goodall-A good midfielder
Hannigan-Quality
Cyrus-Raw but has potential
Patterson-Steady
Lynch-Steady
Dawber-Wank
Preston-Wank
Charlton-Wank
Joyce-Wank
Menagh-Wank
Hobson-Wank
Hattersley-Wank
Miller-Wank
Hasler Cregg-Unknown

If I've missed anyone they must be Super Wank to have slipped my memory!

brinners

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »

Patterson has been more than steady. I felt he was our only player last night who would have had a shot of being in Fylde's team! To be fair to young Joyce, at least he kept the ball down and played to feet when he came on- a decent enough squad player. NY's signings have been a bit hit or miss, with the keepers and strikers being the major cock ups.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 11:21:54 PM »

To be fair I'm sure Young himself will be feeling the pressure more than anyone.

If he departs Alty on a bad note after getting the boot at County, it'll be a while (if at all) before he's offered a good Conference North gig again.

Being an exile I've still not seen a match this season so can't comment on all these new players. To be fair I don't think many doubted the wisdom of a wide scale clear out over the summer after our spineless relegation last season and the first 3 games against sides who will all finish in the top 10 were decent points for me. Clearly last night even allowing for the high class of the opposition was a total shambles and Young has held his hands up and 4 games in you have to give him time.

However, if we've made allowances for the first 4 games then the next two there can be no messing about. The fans have stayed loyal over the last 12 months of rubbish but it's time now the players bucked their ideas up and started delivering some wins.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 07:08:18 PM »

Lets not panic hey guys, we are only three games in with a brand new squad. as they are finding their feet and learning to play together this was always a possibility. When you see how Fylde played so early in the season, I would rather have met them October/November when we have been together a little longer. All has been said by Neil, who was more shocked than we were and it has not been easy for him with all the slatings on the site. He has taken a gamble I know, but I back him up until he had had more chance to prove himself. Losing Tom to injury has not helped either as the two centre backs had a good thing going. Typical of our luck recently that.

One swallow does not make a summer, and likewise the team will want to come back from that and prove themselves, nobody is hurting harder than they are.

I believe in them and you all should too, put it right on Saturday lads, and show us what we know you are capable of.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2016, 09:32:56 PM »

I know the Fylde game was totally unforgettable but you seem to have wiped it from your memory....we have played four games.

I admire your optimism and truly hope the players can respond and get a positive result on Saturday but to be honest I'd be very surprised to see us get a win unless we can become a lot more creative. After watching all the home games, pre-season and league, I reckon I can count the number of shots we've had in these games on my fingers.

Although I don't rate any of the wingers he has signed, he has to play a couple of them on Saturday and get some width into the team. The number of times Patterson has been running down the wing trying to take two or three opposing players on as there is no one near him offering an option. A full back shouldn't be doing that!

You say to believe in them but I've seen absolutely nothing to be able to do that. I agree with Blind Bat's assessments of the squad although I would put Lynch in the majority category.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.