PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough - Match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gainsborough - Match thread  (Read 14647 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Gainsborough - Match thread
« on: August 17, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »

Simply got to come away with three points on Saturday, if we aren't to see anyone come in on loan then, 

Patto---Cyrus--Heathcote-Charlton
Lynch----Goodhall----moult--Cain
--------------------Lawrie
--------------------Reeves

Round pegs for round holes, menagh for lynch should we need more pace

All those that aren't up to speed ie not fit enough, or aren't featuring give them 90 minutes for the reserves against poynton at home on Saturday and get them match fit

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:32:34 AM »

Senior

Patterson     Cyrus       Heathcote    Cain

Richman      Goodall    Moult           Lynch

Lawrie

Reeves

Menagh
Miller
Hasler-Cregg
Garner
Charlton (as an option for left wing)

brinners

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 10:34:28 AM »

GK

Patterson
Cain
Cyrus
Moult

Goodall
Richman
Menagh
Cregg

Lawrie
Reeves

Cyrus needs some experience with him at the heart of defence. I don't know what this manager has got against Jamie Menagh. Surely Hasler-Cregg has recovered by now. You can't have Lynch, Moult and Goodall all in the same team, as they are too similar and will contribute nothing to our problem with lack of width. Hopefully there will be 3 out and 3 in, with a Gk and a loan experienced centre back leading the way.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:45:21 AM »

Lynch isn't ideal for the left wing by any means but he has a left foot and can run therefore gets the spot (not a lot of options). If Menagh had played more football I'd play him. Goodall can anchor allowing Moult to break forward, like he used to before we converted him to holding player.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 11:18:08 AM »

While I can see the reasoning for it, this is why we got destroyed last night. Lynch and Richman on the wings gets a resounding no from me. They'll offer absolutely no width.

Dawber

Patterson      Heathcote      Cyrus      Charlton

Goodall         Moult

Miller                      Lawrie         Hasler-Cregg

Reeves (c)

These appear worse than us. We've been setting up to defend over the past three games and I think going on the offensive could be a breath of fresh air. So that's what this team does.

Patterson in a familiar right-back role with an attacking left-back in Charlton. Two actual wingers to stretch the play in Miller and Hasler-Cregg. If Hasler-Cregg is still a no show then Charlton moves to the wing and Cain comes in at left-back. Both full-backs overlap as much as possible.

Goodall has been rightly moved out of the defence and back into the middle of the park where he can actually hold an influence over the game, alongside Jake it should be a decent partnership. With James Lawrie in the hole, these three should provide enough creativity to take hold of the game. It may seem unfair to drop Lynch but unfortunately there isn't space in the side for that many central midfielders. I've been very impressed with how tenacious he is but I think now is the time to start developing a solid playing partnership in the middle. For me the two are Moult and Goodall.

Damian Reeves is always going to look ineffective when we're creating nothing. Hopefully with actual wingers on the field we can create more space for him to find in the middle. Playing so narrow last night made a mockery of him.

The goalkeeping situation we have is very real, and very scary, but this is Dawbers last chance now against a side that have been very goal shy. Watching us concede six could give him the impetus to come in and prove his worth.

brinners

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »

I can see exactly why you'd choose that defence, but it is very, very young. We're not all selecting the same team, but we are all thinking along the same lines - width urgently needed - too many similar type narrow players - Gk situation is a disaster etc. We need movement from the club in the next couple of days, both in and out. Perhaps NY is very busy and that's why we haven't heard from him yet, fingers crossed.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »

Senior

Patterson     Cyrus       Heathcote    Cain

Lawrie

Reeves

Menagh
Miller
Hasler-Cregg
Garner
Charlton (as an option for left wing)

Wonder if Stu fancies a game?

...I'm only semi joking

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 02:35:09 PM »

If we don't borrow an experienced keeper we're screwed. We could play those two in goal together and not keep a clean sheet.

I'm a little worried that NY's alleged tendency at Stockport to take players on loan, then send them back early, may have earned him a negative reputation when he comes knocking.

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »

Quality Keepers are hard to find. We need somebody in sharpish. Fingers crosed. We were spoilt by that pesky Coburn!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »

Quality Keepers are hard to find. We need somebody in sharpish. Fingers crosed. We were spoilt by that pesky Coburn!
And deasy
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 07:27:44 PM »

And deasy

Should have kept him.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:35:23 PM »

And deasy

Should have kept him.

We weren't spoilt by Tim Deasy.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »

Now the dust has settled lets get right back behind them, including the manager!

Ok, Tuesday was awful and we expect better. But nobody should forget that we've had a tentatively exciting summer watching this squad take shape and Neil Young knows what it takes. Now its time to find out if he has what it takes with our budget. He's said the usual things, we know he wasn't happy. He's taken some of the blame so I fully expect that there will be a reaction tomorrow.

Fingers crossed its the right reaction otherwise I can't blame people for calling for his head, and thats before i've seen us kick a ball!!! A win makes it an average, excusable start to the season, a draw makes it a poor start. A defeat is going to be hard to swallow!

Come on Alty, put it right, make us smile!

I'm going for a gutsy 3-2 win, holding on at the end after coming back from 1-0 down to lead 3-1. Dont care who scores them, dont care how many go, just get the bloody win lads!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »

Gainsborough 10/3
Draw 3/1
Altrincham 16/5

Bath Alty

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 12:17:30 PM »

Gainsborough 10/3