PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "get rid of the lot of them"
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "get rid of the lot of them"  (Read 12624 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "get rid of the lot of them"
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »

"A lot can be made of that but the fact is we are missing some big players, such as Tom Hannigan, Shaun Densmore and Craig Hobson"

Craig Hobson? Big player? That's the most worrying thing Neil Young has said in his short time as manager.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »

"A lot can be made of that but the fact is we are missing some big players, such as Tom Hannigan, Shaun Densmore and Craig Hobson"

Craig Hobson? Big player? That's the most worrying thing Neil Young has said in his short time as manager.

You beat me to it! The fact he sees Hobson as one of his main players and Dawber as his 1st choice keeper says it all,he's a f**kin lunatic!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 07:45:25 PM »

I'd like to know from the club what is the status on all these players that haven't featured yet since pre-season?

Surely you can't sign someone and then think they are that bad they aren't even worth a run out after a 6-0 defeat?

Are Charlton, BHC and Menagh ever going to feature?

When we signed this manager a few people grumbled about size of squad and inconsistent tactics at Stockport. I thought surely it was just the situation and budget that allowed him to do it and wanting to try a new policy.

I didnt think for one minute that we'd bring someone in who clearly doesn't see the error in his ways. Sinnott for all his faults seemed to learn year on year what was best. He just ran out of ideas. I'm lost for ideas of how this could actually get better unless we've just had a complete nightmare week and all of this was a blip. Signing two players for positions where you already have squad members apparently fit who havent even made the bench at our level rings serious serious alarm bells.

We won't get answers though, we never do until its far too late.
Young didn't just have this policy at Stockport, he did the same at Chester I believe. I looked at their forum when he joined us and their fans said we would have to get use to him chopping and changing the team until he stumbled across a team.

I thought the 33 players he used at Stockport between August and January last season was bad enough but it's looking like we might achieve that by the beginning of October. One thing though, at least he hasn't signed Kevin Holsgrove................yet!

One of my son-in-laws's mates called round to ours yesterday to see our new granddaughter and he played for Young in one of Chester's championship winning teams. He described Young as an awful manager although the coach wasn't bad! And that was when he had a successful team.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:12 PM »

Circus
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

ParkINson's red and white army

Bath Alty

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 10:18:10 PM »

Our worst nightmare - a manager who judges players on the same amount of time as this forum.  One bad game and your sh*te and we should get rid.  It's one thing to moan on a forum but we don't want a manager who actually does it for real!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »

Our worst nightmare - a manager who judges players on the same amount of time as this forum.  One bad game and your sh*te and we should get rid.  It's one thing to moan on a forum but we don't want a manager who actually does it for real!
I was thinking this exact thing today . It's a vicious circle at present
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 11:30:49 PM »

I'd like to know from the club what is the status on all these players that haven't featured yet since pre-season?

Surely you can't sign someone and then think they are that bad they aren't even worth a run out after a 6-0 defeat?

When we signed this manager a few people grumbled about size of squad and inconsistent tactics at Stockport. I thought surely it was just the situation and budget that allowed him to do it and wanting to try a new policy.

I didnt think for one minute that we'd bring someone in who clearly doesn't see the error in his ways. Sinnott for all his faults seemed to learn year on year what was best. He just ran out of ideas. I'm lost for ideas of how this could actually get better unless we've just had a complete nightmare week and all of this was a blip. Signing two players for positions where you already have squad members apparently fit who havent even made the bench at our level rings serious serious alarm bells.

B H-C is sick with glandular fever................I know someone who had it at 19 years old; they were off work for two months, suffered liver damage and dropped from 12 stone to 9.5 stone..........albeit went on to make a full recovery
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »

B H-C is sick with glandular fever................I know someone who had it at 19 years old; they were off work for two months, suffered liver damage and dropped from 12 stone to 9.5 stone..........albeit went on to make a full recovery

Then I hope the lads ok and back firing asap. Get well soon!

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 04:38:01 PM »

Then I hope the lads ok and back firing asap. Get well soon!

Having spoken to Billy I can say that he's back in training and hoping to be part of the first team squad again as soon as possible. He was given time off by the club to recover. Once his fitness is there I've no doubt he'll be starting for us. Hopefully he can come in and give us some width.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "get rid of the lot of them"