PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "get rid of the lot of them"
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "get rid of the lot of them"  (Read 12625 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:13:34 AM »

...is exactly the reason we're in this mess in the first place, and isn't the answer now.

Yes the manager needs to go, but we need a calm head to steady the ship this season - with the squad we have.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: "get rid of the lot of them"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »

What could any other manager do with the pile of sh*t NY has brought in? The majority aren't good enough,simple! To clear out the sh*t would still leave us with 9 or 10 players to start building a decent team with.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:32:52 AM »

Believe it or not, we still have a decent spine to build around (minus a goalkeeper) - it clearly hasn't helped that we've lost our best player for a few weeks either.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »

I just hope that, whatever we do, we do it quickly and get our season back on track asap. We've given ourselves a huge mountain to climb, but there is still time to put it right.

Come on Alty!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:05:05 PM »

I'd rather see Neil Young change his tactical approach to games rather than a mass player clear out. We have signed 3-4 decent players and Tom Hannigan who looks quality and then the rest at the moment don't seem good enough , and unfortunately the worst players signed are in key areas of the team (goalkeeper and attack
We need to get a settled side playing a simplified system that allows some width so we can actually stretch the play and create some chances.

brinners

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 01:12:32 PM »

We have 25 players, which is far, far too many and we are still really struggling. Clearly, there has to be an exodus of sorts at some point. Of the 25, I'd say approximately half of them are up to the level we're operating at. Another few have barely been seen in order to formulate an opinion. Most of our strikers and both our keepers are just awful - there are between 8-10 players who could leave and honestly nobody would be able to tell the difference.

The silence from the club is ominous...

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »

I notice the forgotten man that is Harry Cain scored twice for the reserves.....

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 02:09:42 PM »

I notice the forgotten man that is Harry Cain scored twice for the reserves.....
Some kind of link between first and reserve teams would surely help. The reserve team is playing at the same level as reserve sides of the past (the (Mid) Cheshire League top division is Step 7, the same as the Manchester League top division) but seems to be treated as a totally separate entity to the first team.
On the wider point, there are a number of players 'on the books' whom I for one simply haven't seen yet (Menagh, Hasler-Cregg, Charlton and Cain come to mind) so can have no opinion about; Densmore of course remains sidelined for some time yet; and of the rest of the newcomers some have shown promise though others, most notably in goal and up front, frankly haven't. I would not support a total clear-out at this stage but am very concerned that the management's 'strategy' appears to consist solely of getting in more players on loan while saying the money must be found for this - there is no bottomless pit of ready cash, so there has to be outward movement pretty soon. I feel this management team may have short time to live - patience is limited! 

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »

There won't be an exodus if most of the players are on year long contracts but we don't know if they are.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

Thought Harry cain was one of our best players in pre-season, surprised he has not featured yet. I would certainly give him a try next match.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 03:48:41 PM »

My message to Neil Young would be this:  the 3 2-2s were all decent results.  Look at what you were doing there and build on it.  Learn lessons from what didn't work against Fylde and Gainsbro, but go back to the first three games.

That's much better than going to 3-5-2 one match, then 5-3-2 with brand we players in the next. 

Stay focused on the plan (whatever it is).  We are patient and will applaud improvements that show an underlying strategy.

However if you don't have a pan other than throw the cards in the air and see where they fall, time to find a new club

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »

I'd like to know from the club what is the status on all these players that haven't featured yet since pre-season?

Surely you can't sign someone and then think they are that bad they aren't even worth a run out after a 6-0 defeat?

Are Charlton, BHC and Menagh ever going to feature?

When we signed this manager a few people grumbled about size of squad and inconsistent tactics at Stockport. I thought surely it was just the situation and budget that allowed him to do it and wanting to try a new policy.

I didnt think for one minute that we'd bring someone in who clearly doesn't see the error in his ways. Sinnott for all his faults seemed to learn year on year what was best. He just ran out of ideas. I'm lost for ideas of how this could actually get better unless we've just had a complete nightmare week and all of this was a blip. Signing two players for positions where you already have squad members apparently fit who havent even made the bench at our level rings serious serious alarm bells.

We won't get answers though, we never do until its far too late.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 06:55:13 PM »

He hopes to make more signings soon according to the main site .. the panto continues
ParkINson's red and white army

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »

What's scary in that interview is the fact that he still sees Dawber as his number one keeper. Any newcomer will be playing second fiddle to him. And the first three results weren't 'good'. They were just about adequate so long as we improved. Panto indeed.

ripleym

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »

Menagh came on second half on Saturday.

A number of first team players who haven't featured much are playing for the reserves on Tuesday.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team