News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "He is going to be a top keeper"

Author Topic: "He is going to be a top keeper"  (Read 8158 times)

View from the middle

« on: August 22, 2016, 09:03:25 PM »

Has NY been watching the same as us? I'm not surprised there 'aren't many out there prepared to sit on the bench' as number 2 to that clown Dawber. He's turning the club into a laughing stock

Mausoleum Alty

Re: "He is going to be a top keeper"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:09:42 PM »

He may become a decent keeper in time but he's nowhere near ready yet! We should be looking for an experienced No.1 that Dawber can learn off.

VofD

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »

It just gets worse and worse. What a clown and such an embarrassment to our club. What will Rowley do about it? SFA  >:( >:(

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:16:30 PM »

Do people expect the manager to put on record in an interview  "I'm getting another keeper in because this one isn't good enough yet"? Come on people this place is decending in to hysteria.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:38:36 PM »

Do people expect the manager to put on record in an interview  "I'm getting another keeper in because this one isn't good enough yet"? Come on people this place is decending in to hysteria.

The only word I disagree with is "yet". Dawber demonstrates what is wrong with the Academy system. For the most part, every match is a training game. Tackling is discouraged. I suspect goalkeepers may be taught to stay on their line and let the defence do their job. Hopefully Ian Senior can get more out of him.  At the moment I'm afraid he's a liability.

View from the middle

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »

I don't expect a manager to openly criticise any player but I also don't expect him to insult our intelligence either. A goalkeeper at any level who hides behind a defender on crosses will never make a top keeper

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 08:16:03 AM »

It appears he isn't going anywhere, and I doubt Neil Young is for a few games at least so should probably get behind him in the hope he does start to improve.

To be honest i'd be quite happy for us all to be proved wrong and for this to just be a part of the rebuilding process that we had all shut our ears and eyes to when we demanded to clear out the squad and start again a few months ago.

I think a few of us probably should have been more careful what we asked for. We also said NY was a solid appointment. I'm starting to think and hope this is all hysteria Pete, but I know one thing, we'll have that confirmed or not in three or four games time and hopefully confirmed because being in the relegation spots after 9 or 10 games with one inexperienced keeper and a rotating door of an outfield is not a place you want to be in this league or any other because its the kiss of evo-stick!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »

He doesn't need to say anything about the current keeper because anyone who's seen him play knows he isn't good enough! I really hope he is actually looking for an experienced keeper or we really are f**ked!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »

It appears he isn't going anywhere, and I doubt Neil Young is for a few games at least so should probably get behind him in the hope he does start to improve.

To be honest i'd be quite happy for us all to be proved wrong and for this to just be a part of the rebuilding process that we had all shut our ears and eyes to when we demanded to clear out the squad and start again a few months ago.

I think a few of us probably should have been more careful what we asked for. We also said NY was a solid appointment. I'm starting to think and hope this is all hysteria Pete, but I know one thing, we'll have that confirmed or not in three or four games time and hopefully confirmed because being in the relegation spots after 9 or 10 games with one inexperienced keeper and a rotating door of an outfield is not a place you want to be in this league or any other because its the kiss of evo-stick!
I and a few others were very aware of his tenure at stockport and that was a concern . I agree however that I hope he does prove us wrong .. just as  I wanted tolson too as well
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »

He doesn't need to say anything about the current keeper because anyone who's seen him play knows he isn't good enough! I really hope he is actually looking for an experienced keeper or we really are f**ked!

To be fair, if we interview him after every game he's got to say something. And he can hardly say what we're thinking.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 01:23:52 PM »

We could do with asking him what's happened to all the players we played and signed in pre-season, why doesn't he stick to one formation, why is he playing people out of position.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »

The thing is, when he took Chester up about 4 leagues, he started off at a level where he probably had a bit more opportunity to try things out and experiment without the risk of getting turned over by teams of a moderate standard too often. We clearly don't have this luxury, because even though this is a sh*t league it is still of a sufficient standard that we needed to hit the ground running a lot quicker than we have done. I just hope he makes the necessary changes and settles on a system and team that can get us winning games asap.
Come on Alty!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 03:30:42 PM »

We could do with asking him what's happened to all the players we played and signed in pre-season, why doesn't he stick to one formation, why is he playing people out of position.

He'll be in the CSH after game. We can all ask him
Full time and proud of it

bumble

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »

He'll be in the CSH after game. We can all ask him

Perhaps a meet the manager event is needed.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 08:01:59 AM »

Perhaps 30 Brickhouse Saturday nights are needed.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team