PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New signing  (Read 7772 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New signing
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:34:01 PM »

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:36:02 PM by Domingo from Little Oakley »

brinners

Re: New signing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:41:29 PM »

Oh God, not another one

roytonmike

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »

Portuguese by birth, last registered with a Welsh club - yes, international clearance will be required so don't expect to see him this weekend. I'm sure the club will make sure all the right forms are obtained, completed, signed, sealed, etc. - the Robinson business is too bitter a memory for any mistakes to be made.

ripleym

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »

Presumably better than Menagh then, as it is clearly a straight swap.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:08:11 PM »

Agree mike, but thinking about the way we work, we would only officially announce once all that's gone through. The Welsh fa are well known for dragging their heels on such matters. So either we aren't the ones who've announced it or it's been done earlier in the week and we've now got clearance. As mentioned below there's every chance it's a swop deal

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »

1. Sign a player you know well
2. Don't give him a chance
3. Swap him for someone you don't know

Am I missing something?  Wouldn't it have better not to sign Menagh at all?

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 06:00:57 PM »

Guys, it's not a swop, as Airbus never actually signed Bassangue. Despite recent publicity, the deal was never done. The story - and it's two signings, by the way - will be on the website any minute now.

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »

Agree mike, but thinking about the way we work, we would only officially announce once all that's gone through. The Welsh fa are well known for dragging their heels on such matters. So either we aren't the ones who've announced it or it's been done earlier in the week and we've now got clearance. As mentioned below there's every chance it's a swop deal
The source is given as Steve Whitney, who used to have a lot to do with Kettering Town & now runs a non-league website. I await tomorrow's team sheet with interest (the cynical part of me wonders how many names I won't know & faces I won't recognise in any case). I also share Management Guru's scepticism/sense of irony (delete as appropriate).

ripleym

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 06:14:42 PM »

Two new signings it is.

That would he our 6th striker then?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »

Welcome to the mad house
ParkINson's red and white army

brinners

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »

Now, Emile Sinclair used to be good...
Could be another yet. Goalie?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »

Altrincham's joint Press and Media Officer John Edwards writes, "Neil Young has strengthened his squad with two more signings, ahead of a busy Bank Holiday weekend, by landing powerful striker Emile Sinclair and combative midfielder Fabio Bassangue.
Sinclair, for whom Football League clubs have paid transfer fees on at least two occasions, and 23-year old Bassangue, who made a favourable impression with clubs in Portugal and France before heading to this country, should both be available for Saturday's home game with Curzon Ashton and Monday's trip to Kidderminster.

Described as 'robust' by Alty boss Young, Leeds-born striker Sinclair launched his senior career at Nottingham Forest, where his early efforts were rewarded with a two-year contract midway through their League One promotion-winning campaign in 2007-08.

Peterborough paid an undisclosed fee for him in August, 2011, awarding him a three-year contract in the process, and he again moved for substantial money two years later, when League One Crawley splashed out £100,000 to sign him on a two-year deal.

His recent departure from York City, at the end of an 18-month contract, cleared the way for Alty boss Young to move in and complete a deal he feels will give his side more attacking potency.

'He is a robust centre-forward, and I am looking forward to working with him,' said Young. 'He is quick but strong as well, and can run in behind people, which is something we have needed and have been looking for.

'People may wonder about numbers but I have said all along this is a big transitional period, with signings coming in and some others going out on loan. It is also a fact that we are carrying a lot of injuries. There could be five missing tomorrow. We've got a couple doubtful with illness, and we are still missing some senior players through injury.'

Young was delighted to add Bassangue to his midfield options, after he had appeared bound for Airbus. The Welsh club were interested in him, but a deal was never completed, giving Young the chance to make him an Alty player.

'I have been aware of Fabio for a while, and spoken to others who have worked with him, and he comes highly recommended,' he said. 'Everything was agreed about 10 days ago, but we had to wait for international clearance, which does now seem to have come through. He has trained with us three times in the meantime and has shown up really well. He is a tough-tackling midfield player who has been looked at by a number of clubs, and it's good to have him here.'

After starting out with Odivelas in Portugal, Bassangue then signed professional forms for Portimonense on the Algarve. After a spell with French club Montpellier Arceaux, he decided to test himself in English football and will now be given the chance at The J.Davidson Stadium".

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »

They both look to be positive signings on paper,let's hope they prove it on the pitch.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 07:49:36 PM »

They both look to be positive signings on paper,let's hope they prove it on the pitch.
Unfortunately, we play on grass...every single press release about each of the new signings since NY came in ( sorry but I've completely lost count now) has praised them highly. We now know that this has proved to be hyperbole, and most of them have been proved to be bang average at best, and absolute bobbins at worst. I absolve Hannigan, Cyrus, Patterson and possibly Lynch from this observation.

I am dreading tomorrow, these lads barely know each other and we cannot afford anything less than a win, even at this early stage of the season. I'd take 1-0 right now. This revolving dressing room door policy is bloody ridiculous, does this guy have a clue what he is doing? I've been to every game this season including friendlies ( bar Gainsborough ) and am not seeing any signs of improvement, in fact we are sinking fast.

We were warned about this when he arrived, but this is becoming a serious issue. I really don't think he has a clue what he is doing, and he certainly does not know his best team. Plus...there are 3 of them to work it out, yet every week seems to bring at least 2 new faces. This week alone we have 4 !!

Sorry for the negative tone to this, but needed to get this off my chest. Rant over

Bath Alty

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 08:30:23 PM »

we've signed another central midfielder - to sit on the bench behind Goodall, Moult, Lynch, Richman, Joyce, what exactly is the point of that?  You are supposed to choose which players you want to sign before you sign them not afterwards.  6 central midfielders, no decent keepers, what the hell is he playing at?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:33:36 PM by Bath Alty »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing