PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A message to the board
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A message to the board  (Read 16562 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: A message to the board
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »

Nice bloke but get rid now defo now

Is he? I wonder. Normally, with a manager who's not up to the job, fans will say 'his heart's in the right place but...' or 'I can see what he's trying to do but...'. I don't feel that with this guy. So many of his decisions defy logic that you have to question his motives. Frankly, I think the whole thing stinks.

Put it this way, is he a Tolson or is he a Griffith? Either way, Young out. Now.

The board must also take their share of responsibility for all this. They have made two absolutely catastrophic managerial decisions in a row and need to show humility and hold their hands up, at least for the second one.

What a truly terrible moment this is for our football club.

Very well said.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »

I don't think he's going anywhere soon. From the Chairman's column of today's Robins Review:

So for those expecting to see our manager to exit just as swiftly - think again. Neil was appointed by the Board to manage our club and that's exactly what he'll be allowed to do.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »

If you were on the outside looking in you may feel that sacking a manager 6 games in with a new playing squad would be premature, but as we all know the situation is much much graver than that. There is so much that Young has got wrong and continues to get wrong, his approach to management is at best totally bizarre and at worst completely reckless. The board need to step in immediately and put an end to this.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »

If the Chairman supports Neil then the fans will turn on him, this not the first error of judgement he's made

arnald

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 07:50:37 PM »

The fans don't have a say anymore .good luck with your plan then Rowley

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »

Kiddy must be on the piss tonight. They barely need to turn up Monday

arnald

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »

Kiddy must be on the piss tonight. They barely need to turn up Monday
ha ha,  they can turn up sleep walking and at least get a 5 nil win

Bath Alty

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 08:17:43 PM »

even setting aside the complete shambles and even if he turns it round and we get promoted (I know - bear with me...) we'd have to sack him at the end of the season anyway.  This management style simply cannot function in a league with transfer windows.  What is the point of trying to get promoted with  manager you know would have to go?   

Bath Alty

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 08:34:38 PM »

I don't think he's going anywhere soon. From the Chairman's column of today's Robins Review:

So for those expecting to see our manager to exit just as swiftly - think again. Neil was appointed by the Board to manage our club and that's exactly what he'll be allowed to do.

But that was before he signed a player not good enough to play 30 minutes and left Reeves on the bench for two newbies. 

He has dismantled a half decent first XI in order to have wage budget free to bring in new players every week on the off chance they are any good.  Not only has he wrecked the team but he has also demolished the culture of this this club that made it what it was.  I can forgive the team bit but to treat players the way he does is not what this club is about. Got to go and go fast.  Put Mr Heslop in charge for Monday while we find someone else

brinners

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 08:42:27 PM »

But this season he HAS ALREADY selected players who haven't completed 30 minutes (Menagh et al) AND he has overlooked Reeves for newbies (remember Metz at Halifax).
He'll still be the manager for the Kiddy defeat and then he'll walk before having to face 1500 Stockport fans.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 08:43:31 PM »

Well, regarding the player he hooked after 17 minutes today.......according to Mr Young on the website he has previously trained 3 times with us and shown up "really well".

Nuff said, the whole situation beggars belief

brinners

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 08:48:28 PM »

One of the subs told a fan the Portuguese lad was taken off because he was struggling to communicate in English - I really hope he was joking.

arnald

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »

It was a great goal by reeves today hope he finds a decent club soon

Bath Alty

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »

I've just turned to Championship manager to console myself by watching virtual versions of Deasey, Havern, Leather et al lose in the Conf National.  Hint and tip on screen while it loads:

"Lots of new signings in a short period of time can upset the balance and rhythm of your team" - even the bloody laptop is taking the piss now.......

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »

One of the subs told a fan the Portuguese lad was taken off because he was struggling to communicate in English - I really hope he was joking.

Apparently couldn't understand what Jake was telling him to do!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A message to the board