PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A message to the board
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A message to the board  (Read 16561 times)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A message to the board
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 09:21:02 PM »

Jake is from Stoke duck where everyone travels by buz!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2016, 10:01:09 PM »

I think one of the worst things for me today was the apathy in the second half as we got pumped at home by a side who average about 300 at home. That and the thought that the last two August BH Saturdays we've beaten Bristol Rovers and Tranmere Rovers. The Board must act now if all our good work as a community club in the last few years is to be undone and the attendances plummet.

NY is woefully out of his depth and he has to go now. That's all that needs to be said. Today was an embarrassment to everyone who follows our great club.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »

Somehow I don't expect any of what happened today will make a jot of difference.

I don't think he's going anywhere soon. From the Chairman's column of today's Robins Review:

So for those expecting to see our manager to exit just as swiftly - think again. Neil was appointed by the Board to manage our club and that's exactly what he'll be allowed to do.

But that was before he signed a player not good enough to play 30 minutes and left Reeves on the bench for two newbies. 

He has dismantled a half decent first XI in order to have wage budget free to bring in new players every week on the off chance they are any good.  Not only has he wrecked the team but he has also demolished the culture of this this club that made it what it was.  I can forgive the team bit but to treat players the way he does is not what this club is about. Got to go and go fast.  Put Mr Heslop in charge for Monday while we find someone else

View from the middle

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »

I don't think he's going anywhere soon. From the Chairman's column of today's Robins Review:

So for those expecting to see our manager to exit just as swiftly - think again. Neil was appointed by the Board to manage our club and that's exactly what he'll be allowed to do.

But that was before he signed a player not good enough to play 30 minutes and left Reeves on the bench for two newbies. 

He has dismantled a half decent first XI in order to have wage budget free to bring in new players every week on the off chance they are any good.  Not only has he wrecked the team but he has also demolished the culture of this this club that made it what it was.  I can forgive the team bit but to treat players the way he does is not what this club is about. Got to go and go fast.  Put Mr Heslop in charge for Monday while we find someone else

If Rowley is openly supporting NY in the match program then he is just as bad and he needs to go too. Stop driving our club into the ground.

bumble

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2016, 11:45:20 AM »

In fairness, that was before a 4-2 drubbing.
His comments were actually correct in the program.

He directed the comments toward Eastleigh. Appointing a biss, giving him a war chest then no time. Their results are a lot better than ours have been

finnquark

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »

I was gutted when we were relegated last year, for obvious reasons, but also because it meant I could barely get to any games in the Conf North. Having gone to the Fylde game whilst visiting home a couple of weeks ago, and trying to keep up with the comings and goings under Young so far, I have to agree that the team feels completely disconnected to the fans and the club. Last year I couldn't do anything between 3-5 on a Saturday, other than go to the game or listen on RR.

Yesterday I just turned my phone off and went to the baths for two hours, and turned my phone back on in the evening to a series of texts from a mate. First he asked who on earth half the players in the line up were, then why Reeves was on the bench, and finished by asking what was going on at the club at the moment. Probably the worst thing about it is I didn't even care - like others have said, I almost wanted us to lose yesterday if it means accelerating the departure of Young. I would love the board to act quickly and decisively, but suspect otherwise.

GB Alty

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »

Amazed to see the board sitting on their hands again - another mess, the board need to go as quickly as the management. We the supporters are being treated as idiots now, Rowleys piece in the programe is totally disrespectful to the supporters

Young should have been dismissed by 5pm yesterday, I shall not be going again until he has gone. I urge others to not go as well, thats the only way this board will take notice

I urge board to step aside as well, your destroying the club. Give us a fighting chance with new ownership, its not even about money anymore - just direction. We're no longer a football club but a community centre which does a bit of football on the side

Heartbreaking

View from the middle

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2016, 03:11:52 PM »

Amazed to see the board sitting on their hands again - another mess, the board need to go as quickly as the management. We the supporters are being treated as idiots now, Rowleys piece in the programe is totally disrespectful to the supporters

Young should have been dismissed by 5pm yesterday, I shall not be going again until he has gone. I urge others to not go as well, thats the only way this board will take notice

I urge board to step aside as well, your destroying the club. Give us a fighting chance with new ownership, its not even about money anymore - just direction. We're no longer a football club but a community centre which does a bit of football on the side

Heartbreaking

Don't normally agree with some of the things you say but these are two excellent points.

bumble

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »

I decided to stay and have a drink in our community hall to make my thoughts known to the board members whi are apparantly 'oh so approachable'.

The response of one particular board member was indignant, belittling, and unacceptable to say the least. And before you grab a pitch fork it wasnt not Mr Rowley.

I wasnt rude, loud or even critical. I wanted a few questions answered.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:57:40 PM by Jack Jolly »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2016, 04:00:56 PM »

I think the sad thing is the board are only interested in the supporters when they want us to put our hands in our pockets.

brinners

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2016, 04:01:34 PM »

Jack, I don't know you mate, but you've always seemed a perfectly reasonable guy to me in the posts you've made on this forum. If you're saying a board member's comments were unacceptable, then I am worried.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2016, 04:26:11 PM »

I don't really know many of the board when I have spoken to Graham in the past he has always seemed very approachable very worrying this
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2016, 05:09:49 PM »

I don't really know many of the board when I have spoken to Graham in the past he has always seemed very approachable very worrying this

When a decision you've made is publicly going so badly wrong the "bunker mentality" can kick in. Taking a mental step back from the situation is not easy.

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2016, 05:18:43 PM »

I'm hearing a rumour that Young has been sacked this afternoon

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2016, 05:25:30 PM »

I'm hearing a rumour that Young has been sacked this afternoon

Really?

If true I've something to do tomorrow