PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young Resigns.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Neil Young Resigns.  (Read 34688 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Resigns.
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »

]sorry but what's wrong with backing a new manager? You saying we should not have given him a chance from day one? You sound like someone with an agenda here, still holding a torch for Lee Sinnott are we?

Incidentally the post you link here you notice I am talking specifically about the release of most of last seasons squad - something I still openly support, the only good thing Neil Young did, where he went wrong was replacing them with even worse players - and thats why he had to go

When we appoint a new manager I will be sure to clear it with you if I can support him or not

I didn't say there was anything wrong with backing a new manager, far from it. My point was more that you thought he was a great appointment at the time as did the board, you BOTH turned out to be wrong. People make mistakes.

I have no torch for Lee Sinnott, never did, but I would never have used the same level of vitriolic hyperbole that you commonly do in your posts.

You seem to delight in your forum presence (and NOT in person where I have found you to be more than amiable) of these extreme reactions. Everyone is entitled to their views, but calling people "happy clappers" and worse just because they don't fully agree with your pessimistic view of our club seems somewhat churlish.

I could care less whether you support the new manager or not (whoever and whenever he's appointed), but feel free to ask if you wish.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »

]sorry but what's wrong with backing a new manager? You saying we should not have given him a chance from day one? You sound like someone with an agenda here, still holding a torch for Lee Sinnott are we?

Incidentally the post you link here you notice I am talking specifically about the release of most of last seasons squad - something I still openly support, the only good thing Neil Young did, where he went wrong was replacing them with even worse players - and thats why he had to go

When we appoint a new manager I will be sure to clear it with you if I can support him or not

I didn't say there was anything wrong with backing a new manager, far from it. My point was more that you thought he was a great appointment at the time as did the board, you BOTH turned out to be wrong. People make mistakes.

I have no torch for Lee Sinnott, never did, but I would never have used the same level of vitriolic hyperbole that you commonly do in your posts.

You seem to delight in your forum presence (and NOT in person where I have found you to be more than amiable) of these extreme reactions. Everyone is entitled to their views, but calling people "happy clappers" and worse just because they don't fully agree with your pessimistic view of our club seems somewhat churlish.

I could care less whether you support the new manager or not (whoever and whenever he's appointed), but feel free to ask if you wish.
this is a pretty pointless argument, but when did I ever say Neil Young was a great appointment?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »

OK, you may not have used the exact word "great", but you were certainly pleased with the announcement and his early work (as were most people.....easy for anyone to be wrong):

Your exact words from the same thread linked to above:

"We have a proper manager now for the first time in quite a few years"

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2016, 05:28:39 PM »

OK, you may not have used the exact word "great", but you were certainly pleased with the announcement and his early work (as were most people.....easy for anyone to be wrong):

sorry I really don't understand your point? After the Tolson affair I would have been happy with a plant pot in charge

Don't know if you noticed but we lost again today, fouth game on the trot. Why don't you talk about that instead?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 05:34:41 PM »

sorry I really don't understand your point? After the Tolson affair I would have been happy with a plant pot in charge

Don't know if you noticed but we lost again today, fouth game on the trot. Why don't you talk about that instead?

It couldn't be in plainer English, but let's drop it there.

Yes, I saw we lost 1-0 today. Sounds like it was spirited, but far from good enough when we didn't pose any real goal threat.

There is a big job to be done alright and any early season optimism that anyone had has long since gone. However, I do not believe the club is dying on its arse and I also do not believe we will go down (we won't be going in the other direction either).

old alty fan

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 07:00:59 PM »

Would be very interested to here from a board Member as to to know if NY would have been sacked if he had not resigned (or indeed if he was actually given the choice)

Personally I would like the Board to have a Q and A Evening with the Fans as soon as possible.

I do believe the Fans should have a say and an opinion to who the next Manager should be.

taxi Phil

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »

Would be very interested to here from a board Member as to to know if NY would have been sacked if he had not resigned (or indeed if he was actually given the choice)

Personally I would like the Board to have a Q and A Evening with the Fans as soon as possible.

I do believe the Fans should have a say and an opinion to who the next Manager should be.

This is Alty, not Ebbsfleet. You'll be wanting to pick the team next.

York Alty is back

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2016, 10:45:47 PM »

[/quote]

Do you have a problem with that? If so come and speak to me nexr Saturday about it
[/quote]

Sadly I can't make it next week. In fact domestic circumstances dictate that I am rare  visitor to Moss Lane, hence re-joining the forum after a few months off.

Come on Alty.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2016, 12:03:34 AM »

this is a pretty pointless argument, but when did I ever say Neil Young was a great appointment?

You did seem very positive about his appointment back in May:

I'm surprised the club advertised for a manager, some of the comments on here lead me to believe we have a few potential managers on this forum.
Talk about a poisoned chalice. If we don't win our first two pre season friendlies I can see folks calling for NY's  head.
some people still holding a candle for the Sinnott/Tolson regime unfortunately, they won't support the new regime, sad really. It's that backwards thinking that got us relegated in the first place

I am backing Young 100%

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=21457.msg250344#msg250344

Richman is woeful and only kept because he is on contract, hopefully he can be moved on as soon as possible

Moult now just a squad player. We have been playing our strongest midfield player

I'm not to sure we will pull up any trees either but 8th 9th or 10th won't be good enough

No doubt you would have kept all of last seasons wankers? The whole reason Young is perceived to be a good appointment is that he has f**ked all of last seasons sh*t off and is building his own squad.

Clee and Deasy aren't fit enough, last seasons management seen to that

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=21549.msg250965#msg250965

The only negativity I have is towards you and your attitude.
what do you mean?

I agree with everything the manager has done, fully support it

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=21359.msg249532#msg249532

You're criticism is fair that the board made a poor appointment. However, you also supported the appointment.

If the board are completely incompetent for appointing Young (your point), doesn't that also suggest your judgement is flawed?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Alty Rock God

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2016, 07:25:42 AM »

I never like to see a guy left unemployed, but there really was no alternative. I wish the guy well.

He works for MerseyRail doesn't he? I guess he didn't give up the day job.

He was in charge of performance, I think.  Ironic...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »

Wow, Jamie changing his forum name again and claiming "I never said that"

It would be quite entertaining if it wasnt so embarrassing ::)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »

It's all a bit odd. As most on this forum will know Jamie is a very amiable chap in person and a longtime loyal supporter, as are most regular posters. On here though it's a bit like that famous Fergie quote about Keane and causing an argument in an empty room. Very aggressive and OTT, I'm all for debate and opinion but going out of your way to belittle other forum posters is not the way to do it.

GB Alty

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2016, 01:13:13 PM »

Wow, Jamie changing his forum name again and claiming "I never said that"

It would be quite entertaining if it wasnt so embarrassing ::)
care to highlight what I did say then?

GB Alty

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »

It's all a bit odd. As most on this forum will know Jamie is a very amiable chap in person and a longtime loyal supporter, as are most regular posters. On here though it's a bit like that famous Fergie quote about Keane and causing an argument in an empty room. Very aggressive and OTT, I'm all for debate and opinion but going out of your way to belittle other forum posters is not the way to do it.
the only people causing arguments on here are you and your other London Alty cretins, why don't you stop picking on every post I make? Even going back 4 months, bit scarey

Get a life

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »

the only people causing arguments on here are you and your other London Alty cretins, why don't you stop picking on every post I make? Even going back 4 months, bit scarey

Get a life

Pmsl.....you really do need to take a chill pill and for the record you have caused arguments with many on here (far from just London Alty and sometimes with your own long term friends). Resorting to name calling is really quite low.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young Resigns.