PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get yourselves to Kidderminster
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Get yourselves to Kidderminster  (Read 7726 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 28, 2016, 07:22:53 PM »

Bollocks to gardening, or staying away, if you can get to aggborough for 3pm tomorrow, get yourselves there, the fight back begins now, the lads need our support, not sure how full the coach is but don't just think about it, it's 90 mins away, let's all get down there and get behind the lads

Bath Alty

Re: Get yourselves to Kidderminster
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »

Was just contemplating this - 90 minutes from here too....I had no intention of going to Kiddy again, I think I've seen us loose something like 9-0 on aggregate in 3 visits with at least 2 red cards, probably 3.  With the complete shower we've been this season I'd told the wife I wasn't going......not sure now....

A bit of research shows it was worse than that = our recent record at Kiddy (before last year which I couldn't make):

2014: 4-0 Richman sent off
2011: 2-1 2 red cards and a penalty against us
2009: 3-0 Densmore off, Kiddy scored goal that was clearly offside and senior stretchered off
2008: 4-0 Lane sent off for shot blasted at him on the goal line

5 red cards in a total of 13-1 over 4 games.  That's nearly as bad as our recent form.  Why wouldn't we all want to make the effort tomorrow?

I was there for 2009 and two out of the other three but they were all so terrible it could have been any of them!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:12:47 PM by Bath Alty »

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »

Quite looking forward to tomorrow now.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:50:04 PM »

I told a visitor this weekend that I was going to Kidderminster to watch my team even after the last few results. She didn't really understand but said she felt it was great that anyone could have such a commitment to a single cause. I explained that I had far more invested in Alty FC than any of the players having been supporting since 1968, before any of them were born.

The last few years at Kidderminster have been awful. I sat behind Nicky Clee last year when they equalised. I have NEVER heard the Alty faithful so stunned into silence. Tomorrow I will be there and will celebrate with a pie.

Good luck to all involved on our side.

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 10:42:30 PM »

There is no magic wand here, until we can get 5 or 6 conf north standard players in, we will continue to lose most games (comfortably)

Just hope that any pespective manager isn't put off by thinking the challenge of keeping us up is to tough, any new manager has a big challenge and its doubtful it can be done. New manager has an almost impossible job, so how many will want it?

Shame Liam Watson just retired, they way he kept Stalybridge up the last couple of years is just what we need. Forget about anything other than a season of struggle

We need a manager that knows the bottom of this league and knows how to survive

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 10:50:38 PM »

Oh please don't get me going. We want Liam Watson here as much as Neil Young. All his mates from previous clubs and plenty of hoof-ball. If he comes out of retirement to get our job that's my season ticket being returned!

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »

Oh please don't get me going. We want Liam Watson here as much as Neil Young. All his mates from previous clubs and plenty of hoof-ball. If he comes out of retirement to get our job that's my season ticket being returned!
I agree not what I want either, but we have extreme circumstancies now. Hoof ball might be the only way in the short term

I doubt there much good football played at the bottom of these league, we need to adapt to our circumstances

brinners

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »

I think we need a calm head, who has recently been in the game - not years out of it. Burr would be good, but I think he has his eye on a higher post (possibly Southport). I'm not 100% sure, but I think Andy Preece has recently become free from managing in Wales. Boshell and Bower have done pretty well at Guiseley (until this season) and would probably be quite easy to get. The Curzon manager (John Flanagan) has overachieved brilliantly, but would be complicated to get. Either way, some people will like the appointment and some won't - the chairman can't win.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:08:21 PM by brinners »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 11:11:58 PM »

I think Burr likes to operate with a healthy budget, probably far healthier than we'd ever be able to offer him. From what I heard yesterday of the other candidates when Young got the job, I just hope the Board complies a new list for interview.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 11:14:47 PM »

Calm down now lads. It's August and we aren't even in the bottom three yet. We just need a solid manager who plays football for the common man. None of this daft crap about 'getting in behind them' which in effect means nothing, or playing right backs at left back?!?!

Take this squad, put the best 11 out playing in their main position and ask them to play it on the floor, find the flanks and feed Reeves in the box. Trying to go beyond that is the problem, even the ones who speak English and actually are footballers haven't understood the instructions.

Work hard and keep it simple. We'll be sound. Then we can think about going all Guardiola next season

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 11:16:07 PM »

And they were?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 11:32:13 PM »

I'm actually struggling to remember them all now but do recall Kittrick being in there.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 01:10:37 AM »

I'm actually struggling to remember them all now but do recall Kittrick being in there.

Nic,

Reportedly, the three unsuccessful interviewees were ex-Guiseley boss Steve Kittrick; the former Workington and Barrow manager Darren Edmondson......and a certain Neil Tolson.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 01:16:17 AM »

Hardly set the world alight any of them

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 04:01:04 AM »

Let's just try and bring back Lee Sinnott. Proven manager, knows the club, knows the (good) players.

He'd definitely sort us out. I'd have him back tomorrow

*ducks for cover
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team