PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT REF: FORUM & USERS
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT REF: FORUM & USERS  (Read 8680 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:56:44 PM »

Right my emails have been clogged with complaints about the forum

When the forum was first started all those years ago it was a great place to help IMPROVE the club.

The bucket collections came from people volunteering through the forum, we helped create an Internet player of the season & was seen as a positive presence for fans & club.

Currently the club is struggling but rather than name calling and trouble making why can't people try and work together.

I still pay for the forum whilst others kindly moderate it. The only problem we used to have was opposing fans but now seems that we are imploding from within.

Can we please think how your words / actions can affect the bigger future of the forum, other fans and the club.

Thank you. I will be monitoring carefully,

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:01:48 PM by gazwarrington »

taxi Phil

Re: PLEASE READ - important ref forum
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 02:24:30 PM »

Thanks Gaz. I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating your efforts and the cost you very generously bear.

Let's PLEASE all resolve to try and make the forum a better place to be.

Suggestion : If you really MUST reply to a post in a quite nasty manner, and at a personal level, why not PM the person who's upset you and leave the rest of us to get on with enjoying life on here ?

brinners

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »

Indeed. We are all fans of Alty and we are all very frustrated at the moment, but there's no need at all to personally insult each other. I think it is just born out of frustration to be honest and i doubt whether any of the forum users are as nasty as some of their posts suggest. Carry on the good work Gary and all the administrators.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:01:02 PM »

Bump

Teasierbeaver

Re: PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT REF: FORUM & USERS
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »

Posted most of this on the 'who are ya' thread but i'll repeat it here so people know why i've offered to moderate the forum. Here's my thoughts:

I deleted my account in May because I got so fed up of all of the negative stuff being posted that was on the whole hyperbole and I felt being posted for the sole purpose of antagonising others. When it got to the point of personal abuse I called it a day. But like any other addiction youre never far away and when trying to register again i discovered this old account and got it going again.

In the meantime I contacted Gaz and offered to assist with moderating the forum. I believe that everyone has the right to an opinion, and to share it. Its always good to have the opposing view and nobody should be ridiculed for what they believe, although I think its also fair to point out when someone is being a bit silly.

I dont think we should ever tolerate personal abuse on the forum, its not on. Life is full of enough challenges without the thing that we all love and feel passionate about becoming a source of upset and abuse. If you dont like someone, just ignore them, i'm pretty sure they don't like you too. Hey-ho, thats life, I wasn't put here to be everyones mate, but I wasnt put here to make people feel bad about themselves either.

Racist, sexist and homophobic comments are another thing that I can't tolerate. Its 2016 for crying out loud, we've all got red blood and a soul, and we're all more similar than we are different. This forum is about Alty, save the rest for some other internet dungeon.

I couldn't believe that a group of (mainly) grown up fellas who all want the same thing, just with various opinions on how to achieve it, could descend into abusing each other and looking at the forum as a way to cause controversy and upset? Come on people, lets just apply a bit of common sense before we post.

AND COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 09:58:06 AM »

Just as a point of order I don't think I've ever seen a single racist, sexist or homophobic comment on this forum. I appreciate that was a general point but worth pointing out that it's never actually been the case here.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »

Just as a point of order I don't think I've ever seen a single racist, sexist or homophobic comment on this forum. I appreciate that was a general point but worth pointing out that it's never actually been the case here.

Yes, I agree it was a very general point.

I'm basically outlining the 4 things that I think deserve action from a moderator. Those three and personal abuse. And I stand by it.

We could get very carried away with sizeism etc but lets not get silly about it. 99.9% of the posts on this forum are acceptable, just occasionally it descends into madness and goes too far.

I think there's a good case from time to time to just lock a thread because it goes off topic and ends up with one or two people having some kind of dispute thats a bit pointles and bringing the mood down but more than anything i'd prefer it if people just policed themselves and ask if they'd get involved in such daft arguments face to face?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »

What about talking sh*tism?
Full time and proud of it

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »

What about talking sh*tism?

We better close the whole of the internet down in that case

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »

I'm basically outlining the 4 things that I think deserve action from a moderator. Those three and personal abuse. And I stand by it.

We could get very carried away with sizeism etc but lets not get silly about it. 99.9% of the posts on this forum are acceptable, just occasionally it descends into madness and goes too far.

I think there's a good case from time to time to just lock a thread because it goes off topic and ends up with one or two people having some kind of dispute thats a bit pointles and bringing the mood down but more than anything i'd prefer it if people just policed themselves and ask if they'd get involved in such daft arguments face to face?

can we arrange a scrap at a home game soon ? I will be wearing red and will be windmilling frantically 😎
ParkINson's red and white army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »

can we arrange a scrap at a home game soon ? I will be wearing red and will be windmilling frantically 😎

Teaser!

Teasing is banned

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »

Teaser!

Teasing is banned
things just aren't as fun as the old days
ParkINson's red and white army

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

Teaser!

Teasing is banned

Forum Police!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

Teaser!

Teasing is banned

Forum Police!

Yes, criminals will be punished with chin tickles
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team