News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - 5 years old today!

Author Topic: Alty TV - 5 years old today!  (Read 5742 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: August 30, 2016, 07:28:27 PM »

And in other news...

Today is the 5th anniversary of our first "highlight" package. Brief clips of the 2 Alty goals in a 2-2 draw with Guiseley (initially we weren't allowed to show the away team goals!) can be reached from the link below (oh. and that awful intro and theme music!). Hopefully you'll agree that we've come along way since then and I've been so proud of the support, encouragement and, indeed, praise that we have received from not only our own fantastic fans but also away supporters and neutrals with many ex league clubs commenting that they wish they had a service like ours!

https://youtu.be/YJHWrUO3it4

I know it's been a struggle recently but I'm desperate to get Alty TV back to (and beyond) the service we normally provide - arguably the best in non-league football. You may be aware that our gantry camera packed-in during the close season and replacing it isn't cheap. We also need to upgrade our whole service to a digital platform (we use miniDV tape at the moment) and eventually hope to live stream unedited footage into the bar. These upgrades will save at least 2 hours in the editing suite and should mean we get highlights up late Saturday or early Sunday (and maybe even a rough-cut in the bar after games). If you can help, in conjunction with the supporters club TASC, we are looking for 100 contributions of £50 - the Alty TV 100. These contributions could be from individuals, businesses or groups of supporters and will in turn be displayed on a "wall of fame" at the end credits. For details of how to contribute email brianflynn59@hotmail.com or me altymark@aol.com

Please feel free to contact me if you can help in any other way.

A big thanks to all those who have helped out at Alty TV especially Seth, Darren, Dan, Brian and all the RR team.

Thanks again for your support

Mark

bumble

Re: Alty TV - 5 years old today!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:45:53 PM »

Would that mean games would be watchable in the bar during the game?

Thatd be incredible

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:00:12 PM »

Thatd be incredible
just liked my first post

Ps happy birthday
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »

Thatd be incredible

The camera we are aiming for will have wifi/streaming capabilities so it is possible that we could stream through to the bar although a lot of factors would have to be considered and tech set up. As the FA forbid live broadcast/streaming between 3-5pm on Saturday afternoons and (technically) BT Sports own the broadcasting rights for all of the National League, it's not feasible to broadcast league/fa cup matches over the internet but it gives us other options with careful consideration.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »

Thatd be incredible

The camera we are aiming for will have wifi/streaming capabilities so it is possible that we could stream through to the bar although a lot of factors would have to be considered and tech set up. As the FA forbid live broadcast/streaming between 3-5pm on Saturday afternoons and (technically) BT Sports own the broadcasting rights for all of the National League, it's not feasible to broadcast league/fa cup matches over the internet but it gives us other options with careful consideration.
always recall Burton Albion streaming the game into the bar live

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 10:50:49 PM »

Thatd be incredible

always recall Burton Albion streaming the game into the bar live

Quite Wayne. The short answer is that we are already looking into the feasibility of streaming live into the bar and sponsors lounge :)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 10:55:19 PM »

Here's a thought (after a couple of glasses of wine) - we could set up a TV in the toilets and stream (no pun intended) there so you wouldn't miss anything when nature calls  ;)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 10:58:22 PM »

Here's a thought (after a couple of glasses of wine) - we could set up a TV in the toilets and stream (no pun intended) there so you wouldn't miss anything when nature calls  ;)
LOL Would be a world away from the old gutters in the floor we had surrounded by brick walls

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »

Hi guys,

How are you getting on with the appeal to attract 100 contributors to help with the new equipment?  Would be good to know where you are up to, and it may even stimulate more interest.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 11:11:05 PM »

Hi guys,

How are you getting on with the appeal to attract 100 contributors to help with the new equipment?  Would be good to know where you are up to, and it may even stimulate more interest.

We're making steady progress although still somewhat short of our target. We post regular updates on the Alty TV Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AltyTV/ - although I'm aware that FB is not everyone's cup of tea ;) Hopefully an update on the Club website soon too.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 05:28:48 AM »

Hi guys,

We're making steady progress although still somewhat short of our target. We post regular updates on the Alty TV Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AltyTV/ - although I'm aware that FB is not everyone's cup of tea ;) Hopefully an update on the Club website soon too.

I'm sure you've probably looked into all the possibilities Mark, but would it not be worth asking for the club to stump up the cash to pay for this feature (as it benefits them more than anybody else) and then reimbursing them when Tasc etc has the money through proper fundraisers?

I find it odd that something that does so much to promote the club (and in such a professional level) is not supported financially by the club. Again, it just seems like "dipping into the same pot" and with the "100 for this..." scheme and the "50 for that..." fundraiser it shows a huge lack of imagination.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 08:07:57 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm sure you've probably looked into all the possibilities Mark, but would it not be worth asking for the club to stump up the cash to pay for this feature (as it benefits them more than anybody else) and then reimbursing them when Tasc etc has the money through proper fundraisers?

I find it odd that something that does so much to promote the club (and in such a professional level) is not supported financially by the club. Again, it just seems like "dipping into the same pot" and with the "100 for this..." scheme and the "50 for that..." fundraiser it shows a huge lack of imagination.

With all due respect, the club have to look at funding the team properly first. Alty TV is a wonderful thing and if people feel they want to contribute to it then that is all well and good. Personally though, i think it's a luxury and if the board were allocating resources to it ahead of the playing side in the current situation I'd be somewhat put out.

I've been fairly critical of the board over the past year, hopefully they know me and know it's with respect and the best intentions, but I wouldn't accuse them of a lack of imagination here.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team