PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tim Deasy Returns!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tim Deasy Returns!!  (Read 9951 times)

Teasierbeaver

Re: Tim Deasy Returns!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »

Good news this. Welcome back Tim!

I'll get slaughtered for this but I'd take a fit Ryan Crowther back in this league. A fit Clee might be a long shot. Isnt he based over that way?

No way to Griffin

York Alty is back

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »

Excellent.
Now we can start tombe be more adventurous on the pitch.

Still going  1 1 on Saturday.

brinners

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »

Excellent, excellent news. One step nearer a clean sheet. Just a left back now really.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 01:55:45 PM »

I'll get slaughtered for this but I'd take a fit Ryan Crowther back in this league. A fit Clee might be a long shot. Isnt he based over that way?

No way to Griffin

Not a fitness issue...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 02:02:58 PM »

I think Deasy's return could help Andrew Dawber's career.

He won't see it that way of course and I expect him to flounce off.

But at Fulham I think the other keeper were probably the full package and he wasn't able to learn off them to address his flaws.

What I mean is, Tim Deasy is the same height (shorter than average for a keeper) as Dawber yet is so much better than him on crosses. This is mainly due to his organisation and decision making when to come and when to go, something Dawber could definitely learn.

He can also learn how to organise a defence, anyone stood near our goal last season will attest to the incessant shouting, organisation and encouragement that Deasy does. It's clear the team lacks confidence with Dawber behind them.

Dawber should also consider that Deasy is unlikely to stay 100% fit and play every game so although he'll want first team football he will get another chance soon enough.

I've slated him a bit but he does have potential and it'd be a shame if he didn't take stock here and develop a bit.

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 02:05:17 PM »

But at Fulham I think the other keeper were probably the full package and he wasn't able to learn off them to address his flaws.

What I mean is, Tim Deasy is the same height (shorter than average for a keeper) as Dawber yet is so much better than him on crosses. This is mainly due to his organisation and decision making when to come and when to go, something Dawber could definitely learn.

He can also learn how to organise a defence, anyone stood near our goal last season will attest to the incessant shouting, organisation and encouragement that Deasy does. It's clear the team lacks confidence with Dawber behind them.

Dawber should also consider that Deasy is unlikely to stay 100% fit and play every game so although he'll want first team football he will get another chance soon enough.

I've slated him a bit but he does have potential and it'd be a shame if he didn't take stock here and develop a bit.

Me and you fully supporting each other's posts on the same day? What's happened?!

York Alty is back

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 02:05:35 PM »

No way to Griffin

Nicky is based over this side of the hills yes. I honestly  believe we saw the best of Nicky, we would have to wind the clock back to have him play as he did for a full season. Magnificent player, but time to move on for both parties.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »

No way to Griffin

Not a fitness issue...

We can get decent players in, old or new. But I can't see us having good back up so it'd be better to look at players who have a good track record with injuries.

We fell apart without Hannigan ten times quicker than we would have with him (suppose there's a blessing in there somewhere). But you get my point, Clee can drag us forwards as long as he's on the pitch, we've suffered several times because he's either injured or playing half fit.

Same with Deasy I suppose! Hopefully we can just get a settled side by end of September and some points on the board to breed confidence.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 02:10:25 PM »

Me and you fully supporting each other's posts on the same day? What's happened?!

Erm, as far as I can see, I disagreed with yours about Crowther and you agreed with mine above, that's what's happened? Not that I've noticed us being miles apart in out general thinking tbh but there you go.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 02:11:31 PM »

I think keeper is one position where you won't learn anything just by playing. He needs to watch and learn a bit. He's got loads of time to become a solid number one then

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 02:11:52 PM »

We keep getting ripped apart on the flanks partly due to not having wide players who can assist the full backs imo

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »

I think keeper is one position where you won't learn anything just by playing. He needs to watch and learn a bit. He's got loads of time to become a solid number one then

Fully agree :)

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »

Erm, as far as I can see, I disagreed with yours about Crowther and you agreed with mine above, that's what's happened? Not that I've noticed us being miles apart in out general thinking tbh but there you go.

I didn't mention Crowther. :) That was in response to my post about Griffin.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 02:38:39 PM »

I'd forgotten about Crowther. What a sh*t bag he was
Full time and proud of it

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile