PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Heathcote  (Read 20118 times)

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Heathcote
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:37:56 PM »

Not good enough for this league...playing way above the standard he should be. At fault for 2 goals today and totally out of his depth. Need a new right back in ASAP. Don't no why some people rate him so high to be honest

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcote
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:46:11 PM »

Couldn't agree more. I think its his attitude more than anything.  Was jogging after their player for the second goal. Makes numerous mistakes each game he plays. Really needs to start putting more effort in.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 05:49:24 PM »

I respect the Heathcote family but Sam is nowhere near good enough and has never shown ability for me. He can't read the game, mistimed tackles, awful positioning and not enough aggression in his play.

dunhamalty

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »

I actually couldn't agree more. Took a friend who has never been to watch alty before and he couldn't believe he was getting a game at this level. I would play Cain left back and Patterson right back. We need an experienced centre back ASAP

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 05:54:36 PM »

I'll reserve judgement until he's fully fit to be fair, which he clearly isn't for whatever reason.

In fact, amidst everything else I'd say the general conditioning of the squad has been below par. Only Patterson, Moran and Moult had a fully 90 minutes in them today.

Whoever comes in will have to make fitness a key factor, it's just not good enough right now.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »

Was stood over on his side in the 2nd half today and he did look very off the pace. I think he was complaining of a hamstring problem at one point as well so he's clearly not fit.

brinners

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »

It wasn't only Sam carrying an injury, Goodall and Richman were clearly not right either, but there is so little to come off the bench. Young has destroyed this club and somehow there needs to be a major exodus.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »

It wasn't only Sam carrying an injury, Goodall and Richman were clearly not right either, but there is so little to come off the bench. Young has destroyed this club and somehow there needs to be a major exodus.

We need an influx first, some fitness and organisation, and the exodus can come after that.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »

Yes, Neil Young has left behind an absolute mess of a squad that is now getting lower and lower on confidence game by game. The next managerial appointment is crucial. My fear is that can a board that has openly said they would have continued with the circus under Young be trusted to make a decent next appointment ? It's not the initial mistake of appointing Young that bothers me, it's the lack of awareness of what was going on under their noses.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »

It really is difficult to try and understand what Neil Young was doing in the summer.
People will know better than me as to which players would have been happy to stay given the reduced budget, but its hard to believe most of the backbone of last season's team would not have stayed given the opportunity.
As for Sam Heathcote, thought he won quite a bit in the air and came out with the ball quite well at times but then just give it away so easily.
Prefer to give him a chance when he is fit and playing in the middle.
Overall gutting to lose today, thought it was a low quality game from both teams and we deserved a point.

dunhamalty

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »

We need an influx first, some fitness and organisation, and the exodus can come after that.

I counted 9 players from the squad list we could get rid of tomorrow and we would still be okay. According to the programme today we have 25 players (not including Garner who has obviously left). This would leave us with 16 and a reduced wage bill freeing up money to sign better replacements.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 08:31:08 PM »

I counted 9 players from the squad list we could get rid of tomorrow and we would still be okay. According to the programme today we have 25 players (not including Garner who has obviously left). This would leave us with 16 and a reduced wage bill freeing up money to sign better replacements.

Actually, to be honest, I'm not really disagreeing with either of you. Just that I'm more concerned with us getting a manager and a full back, centre half to partner Hannigan, winger and some sort of physical presence in, along with getting the players fit rather than worrying about the others.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »

Who are the nine ?

brinners

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 08:56:15 PM »

More than nine I fear. 10 of the starting 11 were fine at this level. With Cain, Dens and Hannigan on top of that, you could make a case for losing 12 of those 25 players! Have we just experienced the worst management team in the history of football?

Need an experienced cb for a month urgently (last time I looked, Holness wasn't getting a gig at Rochdale). Also need a link player between midfield and attack (Durrell in and out at Chester). A full back would be good too (didn't have the best year last year, but I think Griff is still a free agent). Yep, a winger would be great, but I can't think of a realistic target and they are notoriously hard to get.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:07:25 PM by brinners »

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 09:16:05 PM »

Sam isn't a right back and is better at centre half. He will develop into a decent player for us.

Today wasn't the best, but he'll learn and become a better player. He seemed to struggle with the pysicality of today's game and needed some encouragement.

He is comfortable on the ball and does have a good eye for the game.

Deasy will help him become a better defender.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote