PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Heathcote  (Read 20215 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Heathcote
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »

More than nine I fear. 10 of the starting 11 were fine at this level. With Cain, Dens and Hannigan on top of that, you could make a case for losing 12 of those 25 players! Have we just experienced the worst management team in the history of football?

Need an experienced cb for a month urgently (last time I looked, Holness wasn't getting a gig at Rochdale). Also need a link player between midfield and attack (Durrell in and out at Chester). A full back would be good too (didn't have the best year last year, but I think Griff is still a free agent). Yep, a winger would be great, but I can't think of a realistic target and they are notoriously hard to get.

Holness would do amazingly well to get a gig at Rochdale considering he's unattached at the moment and I'd rather play myself at left back than bring Griffin back!!

brinners

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 09:17:52 PM »

I thought Holness got taken on by dale. Oh well, I stand corrected if not.

Any suggestions?

dunhamalty

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »

It wasn't only Sam carrying an injury, Goodall and Richman were clearly not right either, but there is so little to come off the bench. Young has destroyed this club and somehow there needs to be a major exodus.

We need an influx first, some fitness and organisation, and the exodus can come after that.

I counted 9 players from the squad list we could get rid of tomorrow and we would still be okay. According to the programme today we have 25 players (not including Garner who has obviously left). This would leave us with 16 and a reduced wage bill freeing up money to sign better replacements.

Who are the nine ?

Bassangue
Charlton
Hattersley
Hobson
Joyce
Lynch

LOANS
Bell
Metz
Sumner

If we can get an experienced centre back in I would also terminate Morans loan. Could we get Luca back? Traveling to Telford must get annoying and he is very solid at this level.

Getting rid of this many would leave us slightly short but would it leave us worse than we are now, probably not.

mortlakebob

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »

On a bright note, what a sparky performance from Harry Cain. Had more confidence on the ball than anyone. Theres bit of crisis of confidence at moment. We looked in control after 65 mins, Stockport looking desperate. But we've forgotten what its like to win. Cyrus also v good today. Thought Shaun and Alan picked the right 11 in the right shape too. Not much they can do if we cant defend set pieces (every match!).

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 10:09:02 PM »

Yes, I thought a few times today Luca would have dealt with that.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »

Marshall fit and available possibly?

dunhamalty

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »

with a fit Marshall and Luca I don't think we conceed the first and third goal today

brinners

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 10:14:50 PM »

Yes, Harry Cain is going to be some player. He reminds me very much of Duncan. He's most definitely not a left back though. Isn't it amazing to think Young brought in Charlton and Cregg when there was already a player at the club who could do the same job. How many pointless players have we signed?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »

Marshall fit and available possibly?

Just what I was saying in the bar after the game. After spending all that time and money helping him recover from his injury last season, it was a totally ludicrous decision to get rid off him without seeing if he could get fit.

He'd recovered from an injury last time he signed for us so let's get him back, get him fit and then start paying him when he starts playing.

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »

Sam isn't a right back and is better at centre half. He will develop into a decent player for us.

Today wasn't the best, but he'll learn and become a better player. He seemed to struggle with the pysicality of today's game and needed some encouragement.

He is comfortable on the ball and does have a good eye for the game.

Deasy will help him become a better defender.

All of that is nonsense. The "He'll learn" idea is outrageous. That's why we were so sh*t under Young.

Heathecote lost his head and his mental awareness and it is solely down to him that we conceded the third goal. Will he be a good player? Yes. Should he have been on the pitch at that moment? No. And that's where we as fans can pick holes, especially when he's saying he should stay on.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 08:46:58 AM »

I think the key issue here is the one ballers makes about fitness.  We have played much better in the last two games but look knackered in the last 10/20 mins, we dont look like we have the legs and its a worry that that is what preseason is for.  I don't think we need new players, they need more stucture, confidence and fitness
Bernard Taylors barmy army

brinners

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »

I'm not saying that fitness isn't an issue, but we were carrying at least 3 injured players yesterday which didn't help.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »

The two are generally linked though

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 12:54:53 PM »

I thought Holness got taken on by dale. Oh well, I stand corrected if not.

Any suggestions?
Marcus Holness was on trial with Rochdale, and had apparently impressed,  but picked up a bad injury in a preseason friendly.

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »

we've got too many young players in defence we miss hannigan.....yes sam had a bit off an off game and was at fault for their winner (albeit well rehearsed corner and cracking header)...their first goal also came from a free header and the 2nd was an appalling case of almost welcoming the guy into a shooting position......

I'd rather play our right back at right back as that hampered our playing the ball out down the left.....think sam looks more of a centre half.....he was also feeling his hamstring a lot yesterday so lets not be harsh, we have what we have.........

think harry cain looks the real deal and ready, sam looks like he maybe needs a loan out at a lower level....lets not be hard on a promising player of of our own making?

remember scott leather had an absolute mare at Colchester ......but many would have him back?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote