PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61481 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2016, 11:06:08 PM »

With regards to very serious allegations of abuse I think the chairmans comments are correct, I only hope the police are involved. Quite why the NLP is I don't know?

The really concerning part for us the fans who aren't responsible for the abuse is this:

He said, 'To be absolutely clear, we had total confidence in Neil turning around what perhaps wasn't the best of starts to the season. We are all well aware the size of the task facing us to get back into the National League...

Perhaps wasn't the best? We are on a direct flight to Ossett Albion, it's an absolute disaster! Just stay away from the press and get a new manager in to sort the mess out so we can forget this sorry mess!

This on a 7 page thread gets to the heart of the matter. I'm an exile so don't get to nearly as many home games as I would like but when that third goal for Curzon went in last Saturday the mood on the Golf Road was absolutely poisonous, nothing like that since the Stan Allan dog days of the early 90s I can recall. For the Chairman to come out and say that NY would still be the boss if he hadn't walked beggars belief. After the eminently avoidable relegation of last season and the inexplicable appointment of Tolson, to try and defend what we've seen so far this season and indeed for virtually all of 2016 is taking the fanbase for idiots.

taxi Phil

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2016, 11:38:09 PM »

With regards to very serious allegations of abuse I think the chairmans comments are correct, I only hope the police are involved. Quite why the NLP is I don't know?

The really concerning part for us the fans who aren't responsible for the abuse is this:

He said, 'To be absolutely clear, we had total confidence in Neil turning around what perhaps wasn't the best of starts to the season. We are all well aware the size of the task facing us to get back into the National League...

Perhaps wasn't the best? We are on a direct flight to Ossett Albion, it's an absolute disaster! Just stay away from the press and get a new manager in to sort the mess out so we can forget this sorry mess!

This on a 7 page thread gets to the heart of the matter. I'm an exile so don't get to nearly as many home games as I would like but when that third goal for Curzon went in last Saturday the mood on the Golf Road was absolutely poisonous, nothing like that since the Stan Allan dog days of the early 90s I can recall. For the Chairman to come out and say that NY would still be the boss if he hadn't walked beggars belief. After the eminently avoidable relegation of last season and the inexplicable appointment of Tolson, to try and defend what we've seen so far this season and indeed for virtually all of 2016 is taking the fanbase for idiots.

Up to today I had total confidence in our board....but the revelation now that they would have stuck with a manager who had clearly lost the plot (Bossangue on a contract, Dawber to continue as first choice keeper, etc.) has forced me to conclude that we are in deep sh*t and will struggle to get out. If we don't get the right manager this time we're in real danger of Evostik football next season.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2016, 07:00:32 AM »

What a shame that whilst the fans were stood on the terraces on Saturday trying to rally the team the NLP and programme was ready to serve us another blow

It's not been easy watching Alty the last 12 months the fans have been very loyal

The board must have seen something in Neil that no one else I have spoken to had

A man who used competive games to test of unknown players were good enough at the expense of proven players .

I have even spoken to someone who he manged in the past and said he would continually meddle with the starting 11 even if winning and this upset the cohesion in the dressing room

Also I guess all those Stockport fans must be wrong as well

This laundry needs to be washed in private not public

Come on you red and white........

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2016, 08:55:17 AM »

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted with the comments from the Chairman.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Here the chap on twitter who wrote the article, I am asking him is his article not slander without any evidence?

Sam.elliott@greenwayspublishing.co.uk

Stop looking for someone to blame. Journo just doing his job. Bet he couldn't get that article typed up quick enough.

In fairness, he's quoting the chairman of a  football club. He should expect to be able to take his word at face value here.

It's not the journalism I find staggering to be honest.
folks, I have tonight been in conversation with Sam Ashton who wrote the artical

To be honest he didn't have a great deal to say - but he did assure me that 100% every word in it came from our chairman. He didnt feel the need to confirm anything with Neil Young, if there is any slander well it's our chairman's words

We can't know for sure if what the Chairman said to the journalist is true or not. We do know that what you said to the journalist was untrue though "Mr Rowley has lost the support of 100%".

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Here the chap on twitter who wrote the article, I am asking him is his article not slander without any evidence?

Sam.elliott@greenwayspublishing.co.uk

Stop looking for someone to blame. Journo just doing his job. Bet he couldn't get that article typed up quick enough.

In fairness, he's quoting the chairman of a  football club. He should expect to be able to take his word at face value here.

It's not the journalism I find staggering to be honest.
folks, I have tonight been in conversation with Sam Ashton who wrote the artical

To be honest he didn't have a great deal to say - but he did assure me that 100% every word in it came from our chairman. He didnt feel the need to confirm anything with Neil Young, if there is any slander well it's our chairman's words

We can't know for sure if what the Chairman said to the journalist is true or not. We do know that what you said to the journalist was untrue though "Mr Rowley has lost the support of 100%".

I think we can be sure GR's comments have been accurately reported - they appear in full on the 'latest news' section of the Club's official website. If he felt they were inaccurate or misleading I doubt they would be repeated verbatim in the club's principle means of on-line communication.

On the substantive point, criticism comes with the territory I'm afraid, but personal threats or attacks do not, particularly if they include family members. I've seen some comments on here that have been near the knuckle for my taste, but I don't think even those fell anywhere near the bracket GR mentions. On that basis we can presume they were made via FB/ Twitter etc or txt msg. In either event the Police should be able to track down the perpetrators if supplied with the relevant information. When identified I'd like to see the culprits banned from Moss Lane for life irrespective of any legal proceedings.

VofD

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »

Did Rowley consult with either of the club's Press and Media officers before going to the NLP?   ::) ::)

Would appear not.

GB Alty

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »

I hope the police are investigating and that the club can update as to progress?

Whoever has been doing this must be quite close to the centre of the club, to have Neil Young and familys telephone numbers. Beggers believe

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »

I too have lost confidence in the Chairman and think it might be time for a change. What that change is I have no idea, but we cannot carry on like this.

When the smelly stuff hit the fan with the Tolson decision the line about family members being attacked etc etc was rolled out and I knew it was just a matter of time before it would be rolled out this time too. If it's true then it's totally unacceptable and I do hope he is pursuing legal means to put an end to it, but let's not use it to cloud the bigger picture here.

I totally question his leadership and motives for the club as he's made some very bizarre decisions on behalf of us all over the last 6 months.

- the whole Tolson decision was totally the wrong one, it was obvious to most at the time yet the board carried on supporting him, despite time rapidly running out and it being obvious it was not working.

- that ridiculous article in the NLP a few months ago about how we "do things differently" and "look after our own" (or similar wording, can't remember exactly now). Made us look like right numpties and sent out totally the wrong signals. All very laudable sentiments, but the club surely exists to win games (and thus attract fans and sponsors) and not be some kind of benevolent fund.

- Young on paper looked to be just what we needed, but this has not borne out to be true in reality. Poor recruitments, often appearing to be almost at random. playing people out of position, constantly revolving squads that no-one could keep up with, let alone the players getting time to bond with each other. The list is endless.

- the latest Robins Review column (and a few comments prior to that) which appear to have a go at genuine and dedicated supporters who spend a good proportion of their hard earned supporting the club, both home and away. Don't forget who pays some of the bills at the club - us loyal fans and we don't ever deserve to be talked about like this.

- the article in this week's NLP which was very ill thought out and not the kind of laundry we need to be washing in public. Get a PR contact on board before firing off ill thought out comments to the press please.

None of this is meant as personal and none of it is directed at anyone's family, just to be totally clear here.

One very disillusioned supporter who spends a considerable amount going to all home and away games and expects better.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:32:10 PM by ShropshireAlty »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »

I don't for one minute believe any fans have got hold of Neil Young's mobile number, either Alty or Stockport, and my belief is that it is Young's past has come back to haunt him. We are all aware how he gets rid of players at the drop of a hat and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the work of one, or some, of his ex disenchanted players.....and there'll be plenty to choose from!!!

I would expect the Chairman to issue an apology in the programme, for those who buy it, in the Non-League Paper and on our website,if he cannot produce evidence of this abuse.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »

I don't for one minute believe any fans have got hold of Neil Young's mobile number, either Alty or Stockport, and my belief is that it is Young's past has come back to haunt him. We are all aware how he gets rid of players at the drop of a hat and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the work of one, or some, of his ex disenchanted players.....and there'll be plenty to choose from!!!

I would expect the Chairman to issue an apology in the programme, for those who buy it, in the Non-League Paper and on our website,if he cannot produce evidence of this abuse.

Quite apart from producing evidence and indeed evidence that proved it was an Alty fan(s), the article in the NLP was insulting to most Alty supporters, at the very least it was an ill judged PR disaster. Does GR take it upon himself without any consultation with anyone else to go ahead and speak to a national publication is such a manner?

For what it's worth I thought we looked more organised on Saturday than anything that has gone before (although for me purely going on the word of others and RR/Alty TV). I even thought we looked reasonably comfortable for a good part of the game. Obviously Stockport are no world beaters themselves and as such we still have a long way to go, but there were encouraging signs.

Unfortunately the pieces by GR in both the programme and the NLP have left an extremely sour taste in the mouth. The loyal supporters of this club deserve some form of explanation.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2016, 02:57:59 PM »

Just adding some perspective here, if there are people who have directed vile personal abuse to Neil Young and his family then they aren't welcome at the club, its simple as that. GR hasn't stated its the whole support base thats done this. He's entitled to criticise those who have done such idiotic and quite frankly criminal things, and its sensible more than anything for the club to distance themselves from it.

What irks me is the failure to recognise exactly where the abuse came from and also the failure to acknowledge that Neil Young's position was untenable and he was open to a certain acceptable level of criticism. i'm also pretty amazed that this came out in the NLP directly, and has no mention of what has been done to tackle it, i.e. refer it to the police.

If this was twitter, facebook or text messages then say exactly what it was. 'Social Media' to me is not this forum so we shouldnt take too much offence. What we should be upset by is the total lack of acceptance of the situation we are in on the field, and how we got there???
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:59:49 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

GB Alty

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2016, 03:19:36 PM »

Neil Young doesn't have facebook or twitter, so what is mean't by social media?

I repeat whoever has been doing this must be close to the centre of the club, to have Neil Young and family telephone numbers.

I'm tempted to report it to the police myself, can't believe Graham would raise this in the national press if he hadn't notified the police. These are criminal acts and need to be dealt with

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »

I'd say they were closer to Neil Young than the club. As we don't know who it was, how it was or what it was that occurred I'd say its hard to say it 'must' have been anything.

taxi Phil

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »

The only person who should be dealing with the police on this issue is Neil Young himself. He may have been a crap manager, but he seems a decent human being based on my two chats with him early in his tenure. He may want to let sleeping dogs lie....if so, we should let that happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes