PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61401 times)

GB Alty

Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2016, 04:21:13 PM »

The only person who should be dealing with the police on this issue is Neil Young himself. He may have been a crap manager, but he seems a decent human being based on my two chats with him early in his tenure. He may want to let sleeping dogs lie....if so, we should let that happen.
do you think the chairman thought of that?

Neil Youngs dignity has been totally destroyed by this

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »

What must the rest of the non league football world have thought when after shipping ten goals in two home games to AFC Fylde and Curzon Ashton they found out the board still had full confidence in the manager? There must've been some coffee spat over breakfast tables on Sunday morning.

I hope some proof of this is given and some perspective added for the rest of our fanbase who had quite legitimate concerns.

I hope this is frustration rather than a smokescreen.

What a mess.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »

I too have lost confidence in the Chairman and think it might be time for a change. What that change is I have no idea, but we cannot carry on like this.

When the smelly stuff hit the fan with the Tolson decision the line about family members being attacked etc etc was rolled out and I knew it was just a matter of time before it would be rolled out this time too. If it's true then it's totally unacceptable and I do hope he is pursuing legal means to put an end to it, but let's not use it to cloud the bigger picture here.

I totally question his leadership and motives for the club as he's made some very bizarre decisions on behalf of us all over the last 6 months.

- the whole Tolson decision was totally the wrong one, it was obvious to most at the time yet the board carried on supporting him, despite time rapidly running out and it being obvious it was not working.

- that ridiculous article in the NLP a few months ago about how we "do things differently" and "look after our own" (or similar wording, can't remember exactly now). Made us look like right numpties and sent out totally the wrong signals. All very laudable sentiments, but the club surely exists to win games (and thus attract fans and sponsors) and not be some kind of benevolent fund.

- Young on paper looked to be just what we needed, but this has not borne out to be true in reality. Poor recruitments, often appearing to be almost at random. playing people out of position, constantly revolving squads that no-one could keep up with, let alone the players getting time to bond with each other. The list is endless.

- the latest Robins Review column (and a few comments prior to that) which appear to have a go at genuine and dedicated supporters who spend a good proportion of their hard earned supporting the club, both home and away. Don't forget who pays some of the bills at the club - us loyal fans and we don't ever deserve to be talked about like this.

- the article in this week's NLP which was very ill thought out and not the kind of laundry we need to be washing in public. Get a PR contact on board before firing off ill thought out comments to the press please.

None of this is meant as personal and none of it is directed at anyone's family, just to be totally clear here.

One very disillusioned supporter who spends a considerable amount going to all home and away games and expects better.

Without quite labouring the point or sensationalising things this is an excellent posts. It very much encapsulates the very grave concerns that I feel at the minute.

Amidst all the stuff on here that ranges from perceptive to ridiculous, I hope that if members of the board read only one post on here (and we know they do) then it's this one and they make the effort to reflect on it and address it.

View from the middle

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »

If I was a football manager thinking of applying for the vacant job at the club I certainly wouldn't do now after the way the chairman has publicly slated the fans.  If it's true what has happened to NY and his family (which I think is a deflection tactic from Rowley) then it is wrong and wants investigating but I'm sure Mr Rowley has added to NYs harassment calls and texts from journalists trying to get a story now.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2016, 04:55:39 PM »

If I were a manager, I'd fancy the job because I'd know that I could make a complete Horlicks of it and still enjoy the board's full confidence.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »

If I was a football manager thinking of applying for the vacant job at the club I certainly wouldn't do now after the way the chairman has publicly slated the fans. 

Curtis Woodhouse joked that if he got the job, he hoped he wouldn't get trolled by the fans. Us fans have a great reputation at the moment...  :(

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2016, 05:23:36 PM »

On a positive note, the forum has been as good as it ever has recently.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jimmy

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »

If I was a football manager thinking of applying for the vacant job at the club I certainly wouldn't do now after the way the chairman has publicly slated the fans. 

Curtis Woodhouse joked that if he got the job, he hoped he wouldn't get trolled by the fans. Us fans have a great reputation at the moment...  :(
indeed and a totally unjustified reputation

View from the middle

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2016, 06:03:03 PM »

And it's all down to the chairman. I'm not holding my breath for an apology though. He will regret it when there is 500 watching tomorrow

brinners

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2016, 06:05:17 PM »

I think Chorley will travel in large numbers tomorrow. They have had a wonderful start and quite frankly are where we should be.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2016, 06:11:27 PM »

A really tough game praying for a point
ParkINson's red and white army

Frosty

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »

Well said babs

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »

I wonder if the police are now involved and if the messages have been traced so action can be taken and individuals dealt with
Come on you red and white........

GB Alty

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2016, 12:39:59 PM »

I wonder if the police are now involved and if the messages have been traced so action can be taken and individuals dealt with
maybe Mr Rowley programme notes will tell us tonight?

York Alty is back

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2016, 12:44:11 PM »

maybe Mr Rowley programme notes will tell us tonight?

I would certainly hope not if there is an ongoing police investigation. If being the key word here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes