PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61433 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »

Either way once all is investigated (if applicable) the outcome needs to be shared dependant on proceedings etc

It's only right it's brought to a close for all
Come on you red and white........

York Alty is back

« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2016, 02:10:16 PM »

Either way once all is investigated (if applicable) the outcome needs to be shared dependant on proceedings etc

It's only right it's brought to a close for all

There are some legal circumstances that preclude the outcome of investigations being made public, but if legally possible I agree fully with you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:18:37 PM by York Alty »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2016, 03:57:45 PM »

Is it illegal to tell someone that you think that one of their family members isn't a very good manager?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

GB Alty

« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »

Is it illegal to tell someone that you think that one of their family members isn't a very good manager?
depends how it's done I guess? If it's threatening and is an invasion of privicy like telephone calls like Mr Rowley has said it is

I would not expect Mr Rowley to tell us how any police investigation is progressing. But I would expect him to confirm to us that there is one, if not he should totally retract his NLP article and resign

Maybe he will clarify in his programme notes tonight? Or if not maybe someone who is going to the game could ask him? Remember how approachable he is

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2016, 04:47:56 PM »

I am at a complete loss as to why you think there needs to be a police investigation. There needs to be a line but people should be able to be rebuked for crossing it without resorting to the police.

I don't find his article offensive because I know it wasn't aimed at me.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »

I am at a complete loss as to why you think there needs to be a police investigation. There needs to be a line but people should be able to be rebuked for crossing it without resorting to the police.

I totally get where you are coming from and it wasn't about me either

But it's left an open wound and it needs closing one way or another
Come on you red and white........

View from the middle

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2016, 05:29:39 PM »

It wasn't aimed at me either but with how vague the statement was I question the motive of the statement. I hope the chairman wasn't attacking to defend and take the focus away from his and his boards appointment of two inept Neil's.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2016, 06:28:56 PM »

Maybe to resolve this issue, if anyone is still upset by the chairman's comments, rather than post your displeasure on the forum, just speak to him personally?

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2016, 07:19:34 PM »

Apparently NY was subjected to the same personal abuse he has apparently been subjected to by Alty fans at SCFC by their fans and this was apparently one of the reasons he left that post apparently with the same promise of never returning to the dugout.

Food for thought...?

GB Alty

« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »

your missing the point. The whole thing is made up.

So who was the article aimed at?

GB Alty

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2016, 07:36:25 PM »

It wasn't aimed at me either but with how vague the statement was I question the motive of the statement. I hope the chairman wasn't attacking to defend and take the focus away from his and his boards appointment of two inept Neil's.

spot on exactly - we all know its about self preservation and deflection of responsibility

GB Alty

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2016, 07:38:33 PM »

Maybe to resolve this issue, if anyone is still upset by the chairman's comments, rather than post your displeasure on the forum, just speak to him personally?
I have he hasn't responded to me?

southerner

« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »

How do you know it's made up? As in evidence rather than speculation.

I agree with Cheshire Cat. The idea that this is a police matter is very strange. Many things happen in our lives that we find hugely unpleasant and distasteful without us going to the police about it. In fact people on this very thread have said that the chairman has permanently damaged the reputation of the club and poisoned the relationship between board and fans. If true - and people are entitled to their opinion - that's very serious and affects the lives of fans who live and breathe this club, and undoubtedly feel very hurt. But could you report GR's interview to the police, in the same way you want him or NY to report people who have offended them to the police?

For the record, I think Gr should have been more careful in what he said. There are lots of genuine, longstanding fans here who have taken genuine offence (and some who seem to have manufactured offence), and GR has a responsibility as chairman to be careful about that. But all of that can be true without people needing to throw around wild, baseless claims about lies or concoct fantasies that people should only complain in public about things that are worthy of police attention.

GB Alty

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2016, 10:33:15 PM »

So what did the Rowley programme notes say tonight?

Anyone speak to him in person?

Bath Alty

« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2016, 10:36:49 PM »

It was a well earned point in difficult circumstances losing Hall to injury just as we went behind in the first half.  Great credit to the team showing some fight and a cracking goal from Miller but back to the really important stuff.........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes