PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61132 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2016, 10:45:09 PM »

So what did the Rowley programme notes say tonight?

Anyone speak to him in person?

Yes, I did, he said you are banned from operating keyboards :D

bighairedmike

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »

So what did the Rowley programme notes say tonight?

Anyone speak to him in person?

Yes, I did, he said you are banned from operating keyboards :D

Shut up you div! Apologies to the moderators.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »

Now now gentlemen. We've had a good run of things given the circumstances.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:05 PM »

Maybe to resolve this issue, if anyone is still upset by the chairman's comments, rather than post your displeasure on the forum, just speak to him personally?

Edited, abridged version here...

no one should be obliged to personally seek him out. It went in print, so his apology (which I'm sure on reflection he understands is due) should come in print.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2016, 12:33:01 AM »

How do you know it's made up? As in evidence rather than speculation.

I agree with Cheshire Cat. The idea that this is a police matter is very strange. Many things happen in our lives that we find hugely unpleasant and distasteful without us going to the police about it. In fact people on this very thread have said that the chairman has permanently damaged the reputation of the club and poisoned the relationship between board and fans. If true - and people are entitled to their opinion - that's very serious and affects the lives of fans who live and breathe this club, and undoubtedly feel very hurt. But could you report GR's interview to the police, in the same way you want him or NY to report people who have offended them to the police?

For the record, I think Gr should have been more careful in what he said. There are lots of genuine, longstanding fans here who have taken genuine offence (and some who seem to have manufactured offence), and GR has a responsibility as chairman to be careful about that. But all of that can be true without people needing to throw around wild, baseless claims about lies or concoct fantasies that people should only complain in public about things that are worthy of police attention.

Well, the matter was so serious that our chairman laid into the all supporters with his notes. Since its being used as part of Young's resignation, presumably what happened was in poor taste and would be a form of harassment? Harassment is a criminal offence. This is why the  issue, if it is so serious to merit a person resigning from his job & comments from the chairman, should be reported to the police for further investigation.

Social media is easily traceable..... All it needs is for someone to confirm the issue has been reported......

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2016, 09:13:04 AM »

Maybe to resolve this issue, if anyone is still upset by the chairman's comments, rather than post your displeasure on the forum, just speak to him personally?

no one should be obliged to personally seek him out. It went in print, so his apology (which I'm sure on reflection he understands is due) should come in print.
this was the point I was trying to make thanks . It's in the public realm now and needs to be closed in the public realm
Come on you red and white........

York Alty is back

« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »

this was the point I was trying to make thanks . It's in the public realm now and needs to be closed in the public realm

Which may or mat not be legally permissible.  For example if the alleged perpetrator is below the age of legal responsibility.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »

Which may or mat not be legally permissible.  For example if the alleged perpetrator is below the age of legal responsibility.
that's fine then .. it could read .. can not be named for legal reasons

Simple

Or .. no further action was taken etc etc

I'm not asking for names and addresses.. I'm asking for closure
Come on you red and white........

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »

Simple

It's not the inquest I'm bothered about. I want to read "sorry that I made a fanbase of 800-1000 regular fans look like idiots in the national press based on the (alleged?) actions of 1 or 2 individuals when as a custodian of the club part of my role is to protect our reputation. Etc"

View from the middle

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »

Simple

It's not the inquest I'm bothered about. I want to read "sorry that I made a fanbase of 800-1000 regular fans look like idiots in the national press based on the (alleged?) actions of 1 or 2 individuals when as a custodian of the club part of my role is to protect our reputation. Etc"

Sadly the chances of that are less likely than him sacking a manager

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:45 PM »

Me too. Really not happy about it but totally not expecting any kind of apology as that does not seem to be the Chairman's style unfortunately. A bit of humility would not go amiss sometimes.

Edited to add last night was the first time I've not bought a program as I'm not happy with the comments about the fans in the last one.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:35:34 PM by ShropshireAlty »

bighairedmike

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »

Does anybody have a reproduction of last nights math programme notes by the chairman?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »

Does anybody have a reproduction of last nights math programme notes by the chairman?
"For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction" ;)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »

I didn't realise the chairman was called Isaac

bumble

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:32 PM »

All well and good telling us to go and speak to the board. But, i was mocked and ridiculued by andrew shawe the last time I attempted that.

My view is Graham, Karen and co would be best heading up our community structhre. They've done an excellent job running that side of it.

I'd like our board to issue a quartley or month update on what they do. Chester's board do. I dont doubt they work hard but perhaps it'd allow us to see what they do and don't do in order to plug gaps.

Our board needs a professional PR or communication person on the board asap. Perhaps we offer a position to the MD of PR firm. Manc Frank? Social Chain? Manchester Jazz Festival offered one to my ex-boss. He hated Jazz and yet took it because he wanted to learn more about charities and trusts etc.

Margret Thatcher - love or hate put people who knew more than her in charge of that role. Maybe it s time we did the same.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:02:22 PM by Jack Jolly »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes