PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey is the new Alty manager
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Jim Harvey is the new Alty manager  (Read 17400 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Jim Harvey is the new Alty manager
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 08:24:24 PM »

Excellent. On our way now.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 08:51:30 PM »

A real turn up, great news after all of today's strife. A bloke who knows this league and the one above inside out. Am expecting great things.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 08:55:32 PM »

This is as good an appointment as we could have asked for. Welcome to Alty Jim.....a repeat of your Forest Green performance will do nicely please !

roytonmike

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »

Welcome - good luck - but festina lente.

Bath Alty

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 09:14:25 PM »

great news. 

That should be the football side of the club under the right management and the board can go back to doing what they do best (and really well) in building up the off-field / community side of the club.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »

Welcome - good luck - but festina lente.
Otherwise we'll be looking at "O me miserum !"

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »

Sounds like the stand out candidate.

Is he based locally?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 09:56:21 PM »

'With his experience in this league, we felt he was the ideal choice to steady the ship and take us forward.

I'm not being negative here, just really pedantic cos I like being pedantic.  :)

But this experience in this league. Has he ever actually managed in the conference north? Was his last spell below conference level when he got Morecambe promoted in the late 90s?

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »

great news. 

That should be the football side of the club under the right management and the board can go back to doing what they do best (and really well) in building up the off-field / community side of the club.
is this a serious post? After all thats been said in the press this weekend, all can just go back to normal like that?

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »

He moved to Wirral when playing for Tranmere and stayed over many years. May still live there.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 10:05:22 PM »

'With his experience in this league, we felt he was the ideal choice to steady the ship and take us forward.

I'm not being negative here, just really pedantic cos I like being pedantic.  :)

But this experience in this league. Has he ever actually managed in the conference north? Was his last spell below conference level when he got Morecambe promoted in the late 90s?

If pedantry is the order of the day, then I'm sorry to inform you that Morecambe got promoted in the mid-90's (1995) :)
Come on Alty!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 10:10:09 PM »

Did he not manage Stalybridge for a spell?

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 10:12:42 PM »

Your forgetting his spell at Stalybridge lad, although easy to do because he struggled there

Bath Alty

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »

great news. 

is this a serious post? After all thats been said in the press this weekend, all can just go back to normal like that?

yes - unless you think that the club as a whole will be better off by dragging this latest episode out further and continuing the infighting - what do you think it will actually achieve?

We have a manager who a good number of the fans wanted as first choice and most are very happy with, we have a board who have built up the junior and community side of the club, attracted a decent level of sponsorship and overseen the arrival of a significant long term asset (CSH) mainly through grant funding.  I can forgive the odd misjudgement in PR (and yes a couple of articles in the last 6 months still counts as the odd one now and then), no one is perfect but the current board have the club at heart and are pretty good at most of what they do behind the scenes.

But no you're right the team has been woeful, (but it's got a bit better recently), the board appointed a manager 4 months ago who turned out to be a disaster (although his appointment was broadly welcomed at the time) and there have been some shocking mistakes recently so lets keep focusing on those rather than getting behind the new manager and the club and trying to go forward in a positive attitude, that will really help. ::)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »

Wasn't it during their ill-fated full time experiment?
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey is the new Alty manager