News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Out!!

Author Topic: Rowley Out!!  (Read 6667 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Rowley Out!!
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:30:58 AM »

The club has become a total laughing stock and I'm embarrassed to tell people I'm an Altrincham fan and the buck simply has to stop with the current chairman. The appointment and continued support of Neil Tolson started it all off in what was a totally avoidable relegation and the fact that Neil Young had his full backing and would still be in his job if he hadn't resigned is unreal!! When you add in the programme notes and NLP articles that slag off the ever so patient supporters I feel his stint as chairman is untenable. Why have we got so little money? We've sold a player to a Premier League club and have built this great facility that's supposed to provide extra income to the club yet we're the worst on the pitch I can ever remember in 35 years watching the club!

View from the middle

Re: Rowley Out!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:13:53 AM »

I wouldn't get rid altogether I'd put him in charge of the community side as he clearly knows nothing about football but is excellent at running things on a tight budget. Get someone in on the board that understands football asap because our club is in deep trouble. None of the board know a thing about football and that's scary for a club at this level. I can take losing heavily to Fylde but not Gloucester. Hand in the pocket time Mr Chairman or step aside

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »

Anything in the NLP this week?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 12:35:24 PM »

I wouldn't get rid altogether I'd put him in charge of the community side as he clearly knows nothing about football but is excellent at running things on a tight budget. Get someone in on the board that understands football asap because our club is in deep trouble. None of the board know a thing about football and that's scary for a club at this level. I can take losing heavily to Fylde but not Gloucester. Hand in the pocket time Mr Chairman or step aside

Didn't I suggest that last week?

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »

I don't agree.

Our club is on top of one of the country’s most affluent areas, but we don’t have a load of millionaire ex footballers knocking on the door asking to become board members or a queue of people wanting to put in the money and efoort to help the current board.

As we stand under the chairmanship of Graham Rowley and the effort put in by many within the club, now with Jim Harvey in charge we have a chance to get out this mess. If Graham were to resign tomorrow and I hope that he doesn’t then the job of recovery becomes all the more difficult.

brinners

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 06:07:46 PM »

I'm not sure how the job of recovery could become more difficult.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »

I don't agree.

Our club is on top of one of the country’s most affluent areas, but we don’t have a load of millionaire ex footballers knocking on the door asking to become board members or a queue of people wanting to put in the money and efoort to help the current board.

As we stand under the chairmanship of Graham Rowley and the effort put in by many within the club, now with Jim Harvey in charge we have a chance to get out this mess. If Graham were to resign tomorrow and I hope that he doesn’t then the job of recovery becomes all the more difficult.

Are you 100% confident on this?

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »

I don't agree.

Are you 100% confident on this?

100% in my opinion, not 100% certain that we can get out the mess, but looks to me like Mr Harvey is up for the challenge - I reckon he wouldn't have wanted/ taken the job if he wasn't confident that the board could give him what he needs.

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »

I don't agree.
This seems to me a very sensible post. Well said.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 06:37:51 PM »

Anything in the NLP this week?

The principal item of correspondence in their letters section addresses the subject of trolling via social media but more from a general perspective rather than in direct relation to the alleged events pertaining to Altrincham FC.

There was an article about the appointment of Jim Harvey but it concentrated largely on his departure from Halifax at the culmination of last season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 08:24:37 PM »

I've no idea if this is true or not, but given we've posted a loss of tens of thousands of pounds each year he has been chairman (including a £20k loss the year we sold a player to a premier league club), and we were told at the last AGM to expect similar this year, I would be interested to know what you are basing this on? I'm not trying to claim the club is in any financial danger with Rowley as chairman because the accounts would suggest otherwise, but I do wonder if this is one of those phrases that has been repeated so often it becomes a 'fact' with no real basis.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »

Dont let facts get in the way of your argument! The club has been remarkably financially stable in the Goodwin/Rowley era.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 09:16:46 PM »

Dont let facts get in the way of your argument! The club has been remarkably financially stable in the Goodwin/Rowley era.

Thanks Pukka, I wasn't suggesting we weren't stable at the present moment in time. What I was doing was asking the original poster what he/she was basing their assumptions on. What you are doing is regurgitating heavily weathered sound-bites.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Out!!