PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injury list
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Injury list  (Read 24171 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Injury list
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 01:15:52 PM »

John Edwards indicated on Radio Robins last night that there would be a full update on the injured and departed players in the coming days.

It shouldn't take this long, the lines of communication are terrible.

I agree. It was in response to my criticism of the lack of information from the club that John said an update was coming - I suspect in (slow) response to the many critical posts on here.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »

I'm beginning to believe that the Chairman / Board are not willing to provide updates on signings, departures, or injuries because they are sulking about all of the criticism coming their way, and therefore they don't believe we deserve to be told.
Just a theory.

Agreed. Not sure whether it's intentional or not, but the vibes coming from the board towards the fans recently have been absolutely dreadful.

roytonmike

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »

Didnt there used to be a piece in the programme from the physio about current injuries?
Yes - and there still is. The most recent one (Chorley prog) updated Shaun Densmore's situation - rehab continuing with an exercise programme - and Alan Goodall's change of working circumstances.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 02:16:02 PM »

For me, the club hierarchy seem to be anti social media, because they dislike the negative aspects of it, but of course, social media has many positive aspects too which need to be tapped into., and they don't seem to embrace the website either IMHO. It's outdated and needs to be brought into the current era.

I disagree with the website comment - its updated daily with current relevant content thats provided both from our club and the wider league.  A county fan at work actually commented to me how much better it was than their site - and I've just seen their fans forum which is miles behind this one.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 02:52:37 PM »

For me, the club hierarchy seem to be anti social media, because they dislike the negative aspects of it, but of course, social media has many positive aspects too which need to be tapped into., and they don't seem to embrace the website either IMHO. It's outdated and needs to be brought into the current era.

I agree, we're miles behind some clubs in terms of social media content.

Didnt there used to be a piece in the programme from the physio about current injuries?
Yes - and there still is. The most recent one (Chorley prog) updated Shaun Densmore's situation - rehab continuing with an exercise programme - and Alan Goodall's change of working circumstances.

That's all well and good for the 100 or so fans who still choose the programme as their source of information, but there's an entire generation of new fans that don't want one. They get their information via Twitter and Facebook, and as a club we don't cater for them very well.

York Alty is back

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 11:32:15 PM »

I don't, and won't, use Twitter and Facebook. If folk want info then slap it on the website. There are loads of Social Media applications out there, should we be spending time and money on updating all of those too? No thanks. Stick it on the main site and that's fine. 

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 11:42:39 PM »

Twitter and Facebook don't cost money, the website is poor for 2016 there are no excuses other than a backward outlook.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 07:14:04 AM »

I don't, and won't, use Twitter and Facebook. If folk want info then slap it on the website. There are loads of Social Media applications out there, should we be spending time and money on updating all of those too? No thanks. Stick it on the main site and that's fine. 

It shouldnt just be about folk wanting info, it should be about people being made aware, the word being spread. Just sticking it on the main site won't do that. You are relying then on people actually visiting the site.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »

I might at a stretch use Twitter, but Facebook is a total pain and wild horses etc.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »

Do you know how social media works? It doesn't cost anything.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 10:49:45 AM »

Keep on trying CB, you'll get people into the 21st century eventually.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »

I think he was probably referring to the fact that somebody would have to take the time (and therefore money) to update the twitter feed, the facebok page, the website, etc, etc

I quite like the idea of Alty pigeon post (a meal and a message in one).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty is back

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 12:18:17 PM »

I think he was probably referring to the fact that somebody would have to take the time (and therefore money) to update the twitter feed, the facebok page, the website, etc, etc

That is what I was on about yes. The more apps you want to update the more you need to commit. Why just those two, why not all the other Social Media. Once you start it is increasingly hard to stop...so don't start.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 12:25:55 PM »

That is what I was on about yes. The more apps you want to update the more you need to commit. Why just those two, why not all the other Social Media. Once you start it is increasingly hard to stop...so don't start.

What's it like in your cave?

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »

John Edwards indicated on Radio Robins last night that there would be a full update on the injured and departed players in the coming days.

It shouldn't take this long, the lines of communication are terrible.

I agree. It was in response to my criticism of the lack of information from the club that John said an update was coming - I suspect in (slow) response to the many critical posts on here.
In the interests of clarity and fairness, I'd like to make one or two points, because a lot of the criticism on this thread has been unjust and, in some cases, downright inaccurate. To suggest news of injuries, fitness, suspensions, whatever, is deliberately withheld is just plain wrong. Going back to the days of Grahame Heathcote and then Ken McKenna, when I started as press officer, I've always interviewed the manager after a game, asked for team news as well as reaction to events on the pitch and then submitted the interview in full for use on the website. This season has been a little different, as other matters have overshadowed the usual everyday stuff, such as Neil Young making one signing after another then resigning. For each signing, I received a name and a one-sentence quote. It was up to me to research the player for background information and put together a reasonably detailed press release. Similarly, when Neil resigned, an appropriate statement had to be devised, followed by further information about the search for a new manager. That search ended 11 days ago, with the appointment of Jim Harvey. An initial same-day website article announcing Jim's arrival was followed within 24-48 hours by an in-depth interview with him. Since then, a week has elapsed. I agree supporters are fully entitled to expect news of injuries and availability, but what people don't seem to realise is I was working on it. You are out of order Laurence (Leon) in suggesting I'd only put together an injury update as a response to your criticism on Radio Robins. That was the inference in your post. Certainly, you went on to say you 'suspected it was a (slow) response to the many critical posts'. Again, absolutely wrong. I asked about injuries and availability last week, but the response, quite reasonably, was that we didn't want to alert the opposition to who might or might not be doubtful. That happens at all levels of football, week-in week-out. It was a response I became accustomed to from Premier League managers throughout my time as a sports writer. It's simply a case of timing, not deliberately keeping supporters in the dark, and the correct timing for releasing injury information was after the Nuneaton game, which was duly done. Also, for those wondering about social media, we do make use of it. Everything I send to John Laidlar for the website, I also send to Simon Brotherton, and he does a great job of posting on Facebook and Twitter. I'm not averse to criticism, if it is merited and informed. Additionally, a bit of realism wouldn't go amiss. If we could afford to employ a PR/press person, it would be reasonable to expect a daily flow of news and information. As it is, it's all done on a voluntary basis. Even so, I'd still hazard a guess our output of news and views at least matches other clubs of a similar standing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injury list