PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injury list
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Injury list  (Read 24188 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Injury list
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »

People seem very anti-social media because they personally don't want to use it. That fine. That's your prerogative.

Don't try and shout down new avenues of information and then moan that the club don't inform fans easily enough of things.  

I have only used social media for 8 of my 25 years. I don't use Twitter often, but I run a fundraising account on it. Showing potential sponsors about the amount of followers you have and promising them a few tweets to x number of people is priceless. The same goes with Facebook, Instagram, snapchat. You name it, people are always looking to grow their customer base. If the club have 6000 followers it's also a way of drawing sponsorship, and companies would pay more advertising space for more followers.

It's so simple, I just don't see why everyone is so averse to it.

Also, the club already have Facebook and Twitter matchday updates run by two volunteers. They don't get paid to run that.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »

The only issue was people were talking about transferring the forum onto social media. I'm all for using social media to spread the word of the club etc.

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »

Arsed

andrewflynn

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 07:30:20 PM »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »

People seem very anti-social media because they personally don't want to use it. That fine. That's your prerogative.

Don't try and shout down new avenues of information and then moan that the club don't inform fans easily enough of things.  

I have only used social media for 8 of my 25 years. I don't use Twitter often, but I run a fundraising account on it. Showing potential sponsors about the amount of followers you have and promising them a few tweets to x number of people is priceless. The same goes with Facebook, Instagram, snapchat. You name it, people are always looking to grow their customer base. If the club have 6000 followers it's also a way of drawing sponsorship, and companies would pay more advertising space for more followers.

Also, the club already have Facebook and Twitter matchday updates run by two volunteers. They don't get paid to run that.

Nobody has said don't use social media. I use Twitter to see the matchday updates. I'm all for the club using every means it can to attract new fans. What I, and others, are saying is we don't need to discard the current means we have, they can be improved.  There's loads of people we can attract to the club young and old. The website, this forum, local press and radio are great means of communication if used correctly. And yes all the other things that have come along are just as important.

And the assertiion that someone doesn't use social media because they're old or because they're on some personal punk crusade is plain insulting.

bighairedmike

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 07:46:29 PM »

Nobody has said don't use social media. I use Twitter to see the matchday updates. I'm all for the club using every means it can to attract new fans. What I, and others, are saying is we don't need to discard the current means we have, they can be improved.  There's loads of people we can attract to the club young and old. The website, this forum, local press and radio are great means of communication if used correctly. And yes all the other things that have come along are just as important.

And the assertiion that someone doesn't use social media because they're old or because they're on some personal punk crusade is plain insulting.

Please highlight where I have said that. I have also not suggested getting rid of the website.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »

For those interested, I've volunteered  on the social media along with Simon for coming up to 3 years now. In that time, we have grown the Twitter following from 2000 to over 12200 followers. We cover all info from the main site and all match day activity including play by play updates for every home and away game. The support and engagement we receive on there has no doubt helped raise the profile of the club and I am extremely proud of the work we have done in that time, along with the excellent work Ecky does on Facebook. Considering we all work full time I think we do as well as we possibly can, but of course the more people who volunteer/get involved the better these channels will get.

In December Simon and I are both taking a step back from volunteering as our first baby is due. I am happy that fans like Jack and @wearealty are exploring our social channels and showing a keen interest in developing this key area. The future looks bright for our social media and I am looking forward to seeing how things progress.

I understand that some fans do not wish to use social media personally and that is understandable - but there are over 12,000 people who do want to hear from Alty on Twitter so it is a hugely important channel for the club.

I don't post on here very often but wanted to give some insight, take it or leave it.

andrewflynn

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »

For those interested, I've volunteered  on the social media along with Simon for coming up to 3 years now. In that time, we have grown the Twitter following from 2000 to over 12200 followers. We cover all info from the main site and all match day activity including play by play updates for every home and away game. The support and engagement we receive on there has no doubt helped raise the profile of the club and I am extremely proud of the work we have done in that time, along with the excellent work Ecky does on Facebook. Considering we all work full time I think we do as well as we possibly can, but of course the more people who volunteer/get involved the better these channels will get.

In December Simon and I are both taking a step back from volunteering as our first baby is due. I am happy that fans like Jack and @wearealty are exploring our social channels and showing a keen interest in developing this key area. The future looks bright for our social media and I am looking forward to seeing how things progress.

I understand that some fans do not wish to use social media personally and that is understandable - but there are over 12,000 people who do want to hear from Alty on Twitter so it is a hugely important channel for the club.

I don't post on here very often but wanted to give some insight, take it or leave it.

Its been great watching you guys grow the account into what it is today. Thank you for all for your hard work, hoping me and Jack can grow it further!

The bold statement is all I'm getting at, really. Its just frustrating that people seem to neglect that fact based on their own personal preferences.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 08:05:42 PM »

Nobody has said don't use social media. I use Twitter to see the matchday updates. I'm all for the club using every means it can to attract new fans. What I, and others, are saying is we don't need to discard the current means we have, they can be improved.  There's loads of people we can attract to the club young and old. The website, this forum, local press and radio are great means of communication if used correctly. And yes all the other things that have come along are just as important.

Please highlight where I have said that. I have also not suggested getting rid of the website.

I never said you did. You misquoted people's point of view, I was making a point about the general sentiment of thread being a bit 'us and you'. That's the end of it really from me. The fans have enough to debate about without having a tit for tat over this.

Frosty

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »

ripleym

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 08:07:08 PM »

It's not an age thing, it's a mindset thing.  Social media is ridiculously simple; my parents, both in their late 60s, have grasped it with ease.

Or a matter of choice

Are the two mutually exclusive?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 08:07:10 PM »

This forum could start an argument in an empty room

We must be running out of people to fall out with soon ..

Well done to all that give there time for free to the club  ;D
ParkINson's red and white army

ripleym

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:52 PM »

There are many posts on this forum by people suggesting things could be done better.

I think the saying goes: if you are not part of the solution, you must be part of the problem.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »

Apart from photographers who spend more time on twitter than taking pictures
ParkINson's red and white army

ripleym

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

Apart from photographers who spend more time on twitter than taking pictures

And Instagram.  And Facebook.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injury list