PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll probably get castigated for this
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'll probably get castigated for this  (Read 12216 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I'll probably get castigated for this
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 05:45:40 PM »

However, as I sit here in work 5 hours after getting back from Nuneaton I'll say it anyway.

This is easily the biggest on pitch Crisis at the club in 30 years. As it stands we are 5 points adrift and those directly above us have a game in hand, and we face the prospect of exiting the FA cup at the first hurdle on Saturday when we desperately need to progress for finance reasons if nothing else.

There's been a succession of poor decisions that have led us to this point. We've won 13 league games in 71 and are in real danager of dropping through to the evostick league. People are angry, upset, fed up with it all, losing interest and losing faith.

If we are to stand any chance of getting through this we really are going to have to come together. We need to put arguements, blame, accusations, anger and negativity to one side and that means from the top of the club down to the bottom. We need a siege mentality, and we need it quickly.

I realise there will probably be a host of negative and jocular responses to this, but this is about preservation of OUR football club, we aren't big enough to get through this so badly fractured. We need the club to make a statement saying that the manager will get the backing he needs to turn things around and that bucket collections for now will be diverted in full to a transfer fund and I'm sure that will be responded to by supporters, we need football cards and whatever other quick money raising avenues there are, solely for the benefit of the team. and we need everyone to get to moss lane on Saturday as its a game we really cannot afford to lose, so get down and back the lads, it's are only way out of this

The siege mentality needs to be embraced immediately, stand together, fight together. We're all Alty aren't we?

They don't want our help.

Despite the need for it to happen, I simply don't foresee the fans and club tackling this hand in hand. For the best part of two years, supporters have been "coming together" despite on pitch proceedings being utterly depressing. Not once have I seen any show of solidarity from "the club." Nothing of note anyway. I simply can't see how that will change now.

The last time I saw the fans mentioned was the latest NLP article. It tarred us all with the same brush, whether it was designed to or not.

If things change for the better, it will be a job well done by the board and we will have simply been spectators for it all.

If things stay the same we'll be lucky to get an apology.

EDIT: And while I'm here, if they do ask us supporters to finance this mess then its an absolute embarrassment. We can't be expected to do more than we're already doing, going home and away to watch this shambles. Stop relying on us for a quick and easy fix, and start working on attracting real investment. The potential is there. I don't know how many times Jack Jolly needs to go over it.

It might be worth mentioning that it all started falling apart last season as soon as the fans started turning.

Just saying.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »

However, as I sit here in work 5 hours after getting back from Nuneaton I'll say it anyway.

This is easily the biggest on pitch Crisis at the club in 30 years. As it stands we are 5 points adrift and those directly above us have a game in hand, and we face the prospect of exiting the FA cup at the first hurdle on Saturday when we desperately need to progress for finance reasons if nothing else.

There's been a succession of poor decisions that have led us to this point. We've won 13 league games in 71 and are in real danager of dropping through to the evostick league. People are angry, upset, fed up with it all, losing interest and losing faith.

If we are to stand any chance of getting through this we really are going to have to come together. We need to put arguements, blame, accusations, anger and negativity to one side and that means from the top of the club down to the bottom. We need a siege mentality, and we need it quickly.

I realise there will probably be a host of negative and jocular responses to this, but this is about preservation of OUR football club, we aren't big enough to get through this so badly fractured. We need the club to make a statement saying that the manager will get the backing he needs to turn things around and that bucket collections for now will be diverted in full to a transfer fund and I'm sure that will be responded to by supporters, we need football cards and whatever other quick money raising avenues there are, solely for the benefit of the team. and we need everyone to get to moss lane on Saturday as its a game we really cannot afford to lose, so get down and back the lads, it's are only way out of this

The siege mentality needs to be embraced immediately, stand together, fight together. We're all Alty aren't we?

Despite the need for it to happen, I simply don't foresee the fans and club tackling this hand in hand. For the best part of two years, supporters have been "coming together" despite on pitch proceedings being utterly depressing. Not once have I seen any show of solidarity from "the club." Nothing of note anyway. I simply can't see how that will change now.

The last time I saw the fans mentioned was the latest NLP article. It tarred us all with the same brush, whether it was designed to or not.

If things change for the better, it will be a job well done by the board and we will have simply been spectators for it all.

EDIT: And while I'm here, if they do ask us supporters to finance this mess then its an absolute embarrassment. We can't be expected to do more than we're already doing, going home and away to watch this shambles. Stop relying on us for a quick and easy fix, and start working on attracting real investment. The potential is there. I don't know how many times Jack Jolly needs to go over it.

It might be worth mentioning that it all started falling apart last season as soon as the fans started turning.

Just saying.
The fans of this club have and continue to be brilliant .singing at 4 1 down with 10 mins to go away from home . Amazing group of fans  home and away .
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:51:06 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »

Just saying.
no it started falling apart when Neil Tolson was appointed, scrub that when Lee Sinnott didn't strengthen in the Autumn

You really think this downturn is due to the fans? Your Rowleys PR agent or something :D

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 06:41:10 PM »

Just saying.

The fans started turning because they could see it was falling apart.

Just saying.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »

Just saying.

I've heard it all now.

Just saying....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »

Just saying.

I've heard it all now.

Just saying....

:D OK I get the point

Great rallying cry, by the way. I do think we'll steady the ship sooner rather than later (not least when Hannigan returns).
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll probably get castigated for this