PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the boards. Meet the managers,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Meet the boards. Meet the managers,  (Read 25674 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the boards. Meet the managers,
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »

Because NT was appointed (immediately) on the basis of loyalty and that he be given a chance. Unless I've misquoted Grahane Rowley...

At no point were any other reasons given for the appointment (which could realistically have been that the team may have been a bit more liberated and attacking under him as LS was more defensive minded or simply there was no cash left for a new manager etc).

There weren't any worse options, so there could only be better ones. If you're suggesting the club did look and felt that NT was the best option but then stated other reasons (that were divisive) we're why he had been appointed. Then I would utterly despair.

An appointment made in haste at best.

taxi Phil

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »

But was it actually an appointment ? He was merely a caretaker. Otherwise he wouldnt have been interviewed for the job just before NY's appointment.

Which doesn't, of course, make the decision to give him the keys to the executive embrocation locker any wiser.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 09:35:39 PM »

made no comments as i had not seen the article in question,but i would rather believe our chairman than a reporter.I was always told don't believe everything you read in the press and is the nlp still crap,cannot get it here in exeter.As for hiring bad managers at the time of appointment where they bad? or did they just make bad decisions?

You could possibly take that viewpoint, but the evidence strongly suggests otherwise unless GR is also claiming that he misquoted himself in his programme notes.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, if you'd been misquoted in a national publication, you'd have thought you would do everything in your power to put the record straight.

It doesn't add up......at the very best it is incredibly poor PR on GR's part, at worst..........
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2016, 09:56:04 PM »

made no comments as i had not seen the article in question,but i would rather believe our chairman than a reporter.I was always told don't believe everything you read in the press and is the nlp still crap,cannot get it here in exeter.As for hiring bad managers at the time of appointment where they bad? or did they just make bad decisions?
bad managers make bad decisions sadly
ParkINson's red and white army

Bath Alty

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »

not making a fuss of being mis-quoted is a reasonable course of action from a PR point of view.  If he wants a retraction then there is another article in the NLP the following week pointing out how the chairman has fallen out with the Alty fans or goodness knows what.  The last thing we need is a journalist digging into this dirty laundry.  Just letting it go might be a better option.

I'm no expert but the above would seem reasonable to me - admittedly he could have said this at the Q&A

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »

This will go on and on and on, we'll never all agree which is expected but surely we all know stuffs gone badly wrong recently and as fans we deserve better answers than what we've had. I'm so disappointed the board never took the opportunity on Saturday to hold their hands up and accept they have made some bad decisions and handled a few situations badly, and then tell us we'll all make the effort to learn from it and move on.

Instead it sounds like they stoked the flaming fire by trying to justify everything ???

GB Alty

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2016, 10:26:03 PM »

not making a fuss of being mis-quoted is a reasonable course of action from a PR point of view.  If he wants a retraction then there is another article in the NLP the following week pointing out how the chairman has fallen out with the Alty fans or goodness knows what.  The last thing we need is a journalist digging into this dirty laundry.  Just letting it go might be a better option.

I'm no expert but the above would seem reasonable to me - admittedly he could have said this at the Q&A
Best option for who? Those that he insulted or his own position?

Bath Alty

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2016, 10:36:25 PM »

best for everyone connected to Alty - the last article caused enormous upset, doing another one is just as likely to make it worse rather than better.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2016, 10:39:44 PM »

best for everyone connected to Alty - the last article caused enormous upset, doing another one is just as likely to make it worse rather than better.

He doesn't have to go back to the NLP. He could have clarified the whole situation in his programme notes.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 07:35:15 AM »

As you say, "the last article caused enormous upset".

If I had upset people in the press by being misrepresented, I would have been on the case straight away, trying to repair the damage done and making clear what was actually meant.

It shouldnt be about washing dirty laundry in public, and it shouldnt be about just letting go because you cant just let it go when youre the chairman and the fans have been upset.

Instead the response comes across, in my opinion, as either half arsed or not understanding the actual damage that article caused in the first place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the boards. Meet the managers,