PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the boards. Meet the managers,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Meet the boards. Meet the managers,  (Read 25554 times)

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the boards. Meet the managers,
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 03:43:33 AM »

In the past I have always trusted graham and the board to what's best for as a kid pre Goodwin ere I was told the club might finish and it made me cry as a child and what confirmed my love for alty was the phrase webdo things the alty way and to me was to be the team that overachieved beyond our budget and we treated everyone from players management fans volunteers the sNe because that's what makes Altrincham fc that is worryingly dristingu away we are ate fans club as much as achieve in the community if we are not showing our potential the people will not come I didn't go to to the q and a but from what I have heard I stil have faith in Jim Harvey I don't feel we should have a complete change of bord but add fooorball knowlage to it be cause on community front we can rival anyone but on the pitch let's hope they have the same trust in Harvey as I do

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 05:03:57 AM »

In the past I have always trusted graham and the board to what's best for as a kid pre Goodwin ere I was told the club might finish and it made me cry as a child and what confirmed my love for alty was the phrase webdo things the alty way and to me was to be the team that overachieved beyond our budget and we treated everyone from players management fans volunteers the sNe because that's what makes Altrincham fc that is worryingly dristingu away we are ate fans club as much as achieve in the community if we are not showing our potential the people will not come I didn't go to to the q and a but from what I have heard I stil have faith in Jim Harvey I don't feel we should have a complete change of bord but add fooorball knowlage to it be cause on community front we can rival anyone but on the pitch let's hope they have the same trust in Harvey as I do

I'm really not the guy to be a grammar snob but come on mate, chuck a full stop or a comma in. That was really hard to read.

Once I got through it though, I agree!

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 05:31:02 AM »

Apologies for the poor grammer and wording. I have had a pint to many but glad my point has still come across

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »

It doesn't quite tally that we make constant appeals for volunteers for,various tasks and then treat 2 of our stlwrt volunteers in this way.

The club is currently one PR disaster after another. The board will hopefully learn one day.

Jenny wasn't a volunteer when she ran the bar,it was a paid job.

bumble

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 08:32:14 AM »

What I found strange was the way in which the board answered questions.

For example my question, given poor appointments in managers recently, should we actually look for someone to advise the board  on football matters when they arrive.

The answer from Andrew shaw began on a rant about liam watson and how we can't afford it. And that why would we sit someone in jim shoulder every match. He answered a question I didnt ask...

Wasnt untill I continually pushed him thag my questioned got answered.

::)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 09:56:03 AM »

It doesn't quite tally that we make constant appeals for volunteers for,various tasks and then treat 2 of our stlwrt volunteers in this way.

The club is currently one PR disaster after another. The board will hopefully learn one day.

Jenny wasn't a volunteer when she ran the bar,it was a paid job.
Thx, wasn't aware of that.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »

I appreciate most of the concern was probably about the repair of what's happened with the team but did anyone ask how much is still owing on the community centre and when at the current rate of income it is likely to be paid off?

I think the hall is a great asset but wonder how long it will be before its actually putting money into the club.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 10:38:54 AM »

I appreciate most of the concern was probably about the repair of what's happened with the team but did anyone ask how much is still owing on the community centre and when at the current rate of income it is likely to be paid off?

I think the hall is a great asset but wonder how long it will be before its actually putting money into the club.

I was at the Nuneaton game and when I asked someone about the CSH I was told that it was actually now all paid for...

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 01:10:42 PM »

Happy to be corrected but I don't think it's a case of paying off the CSH then all profit goes into the playing side.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »

Did anyone ask about the recent PR disasters for the club and in particular GR's ill-advised 'rant' in the NLP? Was this GR going solo or did he have the full support of the board? Were the police involved? Was there concrete evidence that if there was in fact phone harassment that it was in fact Alty fans?

From the very small snippets I've seen on here it looks like it was a real 'us and them' scenario, a rounding of the board's wagons and a liberal sprinkling of yes men/women in the audience, but that could be completely wrong. Would be very interested to hear/read a full account from someone who was there.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »

Did anyone ask about the recent PR disasters for the club and in particular GR's ill-advised 'rant' in the NLP? Was this GR going solo or did he have the full support of the board? Were the police involved? Was there concrete evidence that if there was in fact phone harassment that it was in fact Alty fans?

From the very small snippets I've seen on here it looks like it was a real 'us and them' scenario, a rounding of the board's wagons and a liberal sprinkling of yes men/women in the audience, but that could be completely wrong. Would be very interested to hear/read a full account from someone who was there.

I made quite a large number of notes, sent as a inning update to a group of friends who couldn't be there. I'm sure Mr Laidlar will have something on the website soon, but when I am free tomorrow I will run through all of the messages I sent and compile a small report as to what was said.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »

I made quite a large number of notes, sent as a inning update to a group of friends who couldn't be there. I'm sure Mr Laidlar will have something on the website soon, but when I am free tomorrow I will run through all of the messages I sent and compile a small report as to what was said.

Thank you. Very much appreciated. Hard looking in from afar (although I realise it isn't a lot easier actually being there at the moment).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »

As I knew that I would not be attending the Q&A, I submitted the following question to Brian Flynn via email (but I don't know as yet whether it was asked or, indeed, answered):

Does the chairman now regret any aspect of that recent deleterious two-page article in the Non League Paper?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »

I didn't go because Iv decided I don't want the misfortune of listening to the board again

bumble

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »

Thank you. Very much appreciated. Hard looking in from afar (although I realise it isn't a lot easier actually being there at the moment).

We are looking at the practicalility of streaming and record8ng future events.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the boards. Meet the managers,