PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the boards. Meet the managers,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Meet the boards. Meet the managers,  (Read 25651 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the boards. Meet the managers,
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »

Back to the subject of being misquoted, was Rowley also misquoted in his programme notes for the Stockport game?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bighairedmike

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 12:20:24 PM »

Back to the subject of being misquoted, was Rowley also misquoted in his programme notes for the Stockport game?

No, and he stands by his comments. Any fan who did that should hang their heads in shame.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 12:20:40 PM »

As it hasn't been fully paid up. There is a loan for 25k that will be paid 2017/18.
That's interesting (if that is true) Its OK to get loans for the CSH but when I asked the question the other night "why didn't we get a loan on the strength of the Duncan appearance money" I got dismissed as reckless and I was even told that if I would guarantee the loan then all well and good. Funny how they can justify a loan for the CSH and not the football teams demise from the National league and all the benefits that brings.
I am getting more and more pissed off with this lot as each day passes.

Ray, I think you are maybe misunderstanding the situation. In order for the club to improve facilities for the long term, re-develope the changing rooms and build the CSH it had to spend money on things like planning consents and other upfront costs like professional advice, making grant applications etc and thats what the 25K loan was for. The outstandingly successful CSH is now fully paid off in full from grants, donations and extra income etc. The club could have donated the 25K, most clubs would have, but at Alty the very responsible board insisted that the whole scheme would NOT affect the playing income/ budget. In fact, in the 2 years since the CSH was done the clubs extra income resulting from the CSH could have easily paid that loan off, but instead that income has gone into the clubs coffers for players,... which is exactly what most fans want.

The CSH has attracted so many more people to Alty on matchdays as well, evidenced by the numbers present before and after the game compared with the tiny bar we had before and a snack bar that couldnt cope.

I know that results have been dreadful and the playing side is very disappointing, but really the club is very well run and money isnt the root cause of our current plight, that's caused by a terrible managerial appointment, that even most fans approved of at the time.

With what seems a very experienced manager now in Jim Harvey in place, hopefully things will start looking a lot rosier soon.

And the club now has an amazing long term asset and community side that is the ENVY of most non league clubs in the country.
Off the field, the club hasnt been healthier really.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:22:22 PM by PukkaPieman »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »

No, and he stands by his comments. Any fan who did that should hang their heads in shame.
OK, so which bit of his NLP article was a mis-quote, and how does it differ from his programme notes? I didn't see the NLP article, but the part that people on here seemed upset by is the repeated allegations of offensive communications to NY.

Fully agree with GR if any allegations are proven, but this isn't North Korea where we just take the glorious leader's word as fact.

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »

Rowley was not misquoted in the NLP at all, its all bullsh*t

I have had further correspondance with Sam Elliott the reporter who claims that Graham has his name and number saved on his mobile phone yet he hasn't attempted to call at all?

It is disgraceful that the chairman sat at a fans forum on Saturday and lied to everyone present

https://twitter.com/SamElliott_NLP/status/780387134347866113

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 02:58:16 PM »

How would someone know if another person has their name and number saved in their phone?

GB Alty

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 03:07:25 PM »

How would someone know if another person has their name and number saved in their phone?

https://twitter.com/SamElliott_NLP/status/780386903795400704

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:50 PM »

As it hasn't been fully paid up. There is a loan for 25k that will be paid 2017/18.
That's interesting (if that is true) Its OK to get loans for the CSH but when I asked the question the other night "why didn't we get a loan on the strength of the Duncan appearance money" I got dismissed as reckless and I was even told that if I would guarantee the loan then all well and good. Funny how they can justify a loan for the CSH and not the football teams demise from the National league and all the benefits that brings.
I am getting more and more pissed off with this lot as each day passes.

I know that results have been dreadful and the playing side is very disappointing, but really the club is very well run and money isnt the root cause of our current plight, that's caused by a terrible managerial appointment, that even most fans approved of at the time.

Two terrible managerial appointments.

Have you forgotten Neil Tolson already?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 03:35:04 PM »

That doesn't explain how he knows GR had his number stored in his phone. I agree with most you say on the subject btw Jamie,I just thought it was a bit of a daft thing for the reporter to say as how would he know?!

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 03:51:13 PM »

It's a bit of a blind alley that, the reporter says he has
However just off the top of my head in 2 minutes I can think of ways he might know
They conducted the interview face to face and he told Mr Rowley his number and saw him put it in his phone?
Or more likely, they conducted the interview over the phone which would mean his number would be easily accessible
Anyway up somebody's pants are on fire

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »

That doesn't explain how he knows GR had his number stored in his phone. I agree with most you say on the subject btw Jamie,I just thought it was a bit of a daft thing for the reporter to say as how would he know?!
Whether or how he knows is quite irrelevant. If GR wanted to get in touch with Sam (or someone else at the NLP)  then he could have quite easily - I'm sure that journalists don't keep their contact details secret. Jamie found him easily enough on Twitter.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 04:06:49 PM »

made no comments as i had not seen the article in question,but i would rather believe our chairman than a reporter.I was always told don't believe everything you read in the press and is the nlp still crap,cannot get it here in exeter.As for hiring bad managers at the time of appointment where they bad? or did they just make bad decisions?
Harold

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »

No I havent, your point pre-supposes that there was a better alternative to Tolson, you just assume there must have been. Who was that then?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »

No I havent, your point pre-supposes that there was a better alternative to Tolson, you just assume there must have been. Who was that then?

Well, we'll never know Ian because the board didn't consider it or look for anyone. They appointed Neil Tolson on the basis of giving him a chance, not because there were no better alternatives.

Regardless of people's opinions (and a lot felt that his previous managerial record and his role with a team that had grown stale before our eyes would make it a bad move - and they were correct because it exactly panned out in a listless, timid relegation), it is that decision which has caused upset and dissatisfaction on a level I have seldom seen among our fanbase, most worrying among people who I would not consider critical, indeed almost on the verge of happy clappers in a few cases. And that's never been really acknowledged or accepted I feel hence all the discontent.

As for Neil Young, I think a bit more due diligence could've been done but you couldn't expect it to turn out this bad.

You ought to consider that Cult does not run the club. Therefore, it's not his job to scout the availability of potential managers, or even make moves to contact ones in situ.

It's like saying people here supported ny appt. was I supposed to be speaking to contacts at Chester, Stockport, various, journalist third parties, players etc to fully assess his suitability. No of course not.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2016, 05:00:03 PM »

Whilst I agree on most of what you say, there is still a presumption by some that better options existed which frankly I dont think they did.
How do you know the club didnt look?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the boards. Meet the managers,