Poll

Two teams

Yes
- 10 (38.5%)
No
- 16 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two teams  (Read 7602 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Two teams
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »

A different issue is if the club folded and started again way down the leagues would you still follow...i'm not sure
Bernard Taylors barmy army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 05:29:06 PM »

I get a lot of stick for supporting two teams, I am a loyal alty fan and there my number one team but I also support man city, now if anyone was to ask me who I support and put first my answer is Altrincham all day long. Now I've loved man city all my life and I'm 22 now and still get called a glory hunter? Is it wrong to support two teams ?
same here but supported alty since 1963 and city since about 1967.Did try watching Exeter when i moved down here<(it was handy them playing in red and white strips)but its just not the same.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:30:59 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 06:01:17 PM »

Up until 1974 I was an out and out United fan. It was only when United had hooliganism problems in the early 70's that I switched to non league and Altrincham. That said I support both Altrincham and United, but Alty are my first love and I would never go to United if Alty are playing at home, as I cannot get to many away games due to my family commitments. I get to around 10 United matches a season on average, but all of Alty's home games.

I follow both clubs and always watch United on TV. I used to work away from home a lot during the early 80s's and if there was a match on I would go to it. I did not support the club but I went. It was not loyalties but a deep love of the game of football. I am hopeless at playing it, but have always enjoyed watching any game, not matter who is playing.

So no, there is no harm in supporting more than one team, I follow Altrincham, Man U and England; and have mostly enjoyed watching all of them over the years and have many happy memories. I started by watching the United teams of the 60's stood on a 3-legged stool at the back of the Stretford End paddock with my dad and brother. I can still hear 'I don't want our loving to die' playing by The Herd over the tannoy while waiting for Best Law and Charlton et al to appear on the pitch. I would loved to have watched the Busby Babes of the late 50's, but I was only 5 months old when they had their tragic plane crash.

I also have even more memories of Alty, starting with the John Hughes/Gerry Casey years up until the present day. Yes, it would be true to say over the years football has been a major part of my life, and these memories I will take to my grave with me. They are a part of us all, both in the past and the future, and we all hold our own dear memories. So, AltyAzz, you are no different from me, you just enjoy the game and reap the benefits of following two teams, which means even more football!!

York Alty is back

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »

I think it's impossible to support two teams who might conceivably play each other, as then you'd naturally lean towards one of them if they met. I sort of 'follow' a second team in Scotland (approximately Alty's size) so it's extremely unlikely that they'd ever meet (except in a pre-season friendly).

Just realised that they could Rothes could play Alty in a re-born Anglo Scottish Cup...

C'mon Alty.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »

Man United V Altrincham in the FA Cup - a dream come true for me but sorry, I would be in the away end with the rest of you. If United beat us, I would want them to go on and win it, but if Alty won, my god I would be dining out on that one for many years to come!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two teams