News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big Sam

Author Topic: Big Sam  (Read 5616 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Big Sam
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:12:28 AM »

Maybe hiring mangers is not as easy as we think!! ..... :o
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Big Sam
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:04:25 AM »

It doesn't surprise me in this age of obscene totals of money splashing about at the top level of the game.
Bagpuss will be mortified this morning when he wakes up.

Please please not Glen Hoddle.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »

If someone who earns £250,000 a MONTH is stupid enough to jeopardise a job he's waited until he's in his 60's to get for a few hundred thousand quid. For dealing with people he's neither checked out or has any idea who they are. Then he hasn't got the common sense or integrity to manage England.And I'd say sadly the first attribute is more important than the second in today's modern game.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 10:05:26 AM »

and it just shows how low the press can go just to get a story.
Harold

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:40:17 AM »

Disagree I'm afraid. At interview he will have been asked how he would uphold the reputation of both 'the game' and his employers, the FA. Consider this event as his 'practical'. He failed. Clearly the word in the football world must have been Sam's 'up for a bung'. All the Telegraph did was test the theory.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:45:32 AM »

[/quote]

Disagree I'm afraid. At interview he will have been asked how he would uphold the reputation of both 'the game' and his employers, the FA. Consider this event as his 'practical'. He failed. Clearly the word in the football world must have been Sam's 'up for a bung'. All the Telegraph did was test the theory.
[/quote]

My feelings exactly. Although it doesn't feel like good journalism, it does provide a disincentive for people in public positions to know that the media (and presumably whistleblowers) are a very real threat to their status quo, and hence provide an incentive to behave in an honest capacity. Obviously not incentive enough in this case

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »

My feelings too

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »

Footballs completely corrupt at all levels. Its because we, the punters, throw so much hard earned money at it. There's literally millions of pounds to be mopped up in the game, and its anyones for the taking.

Its no surprise to any sports journalist that big Sam was at it. The real story is behind why they decided to target him now, because they could have done this to any top manager at any time. Its not just because he's England manager, there's probably more to why they went after him.

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 11:42:50 AM »

Quote from: distancetraveller link=topic=21763.msg254166#msg254166 date=1475049865

Please please not Glen Hoddle.
[/quote

Not really arsed about England, but Hoddle is a no no as far as I am concerned too.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

100%
Everybody knew that Allardyce was bent, and if the people in charge at the FA say they didn't then I would question their fitness to hold their position. Having said that I agreed with their decision to make him England manager as he was the obvious/only choice, nobody could really have seen him being as stupid as this within days of being appointed

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 02:47:53 PM »

My feelings exactly. Although it doesn't feel like good journalism, it does provide a disincentive for people in public positions to know that the media (and presumably whistleblowers) are a very real threat to their status quo, and hence provide an incentive to behave in an honest capacity. Obviously not incentive enough in this case

I have no problem with Big Sam getting stung, but I do have a problem with the approach. If that approach was adopted liberally right across the board I would have no problem with it, but newspapers and more importantly their owners have their own political agendas and they will attack some, whilst bending the truth beyond breaking point for others.

Sh*t rags, the lot of them.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »

I agree, you can't just target Big Sam, you'd have to have also tried it with previous England managers.

Oh.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 04:33:00 PM »

They might just as well give the job to Mark Ward.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 09:31:03 PM »

I agree, you can't just target Big Sam, you'd have to have also tried it with previous England managers.
Oh.

I wasn't just referring to England managers.....it was more a general comment on the pathetic nature of the press in general.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big Sam