PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Going Forward
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Going Forward  (Read 7938 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Going Forward
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »

It now looks as if we have turned a corner and we are now looking a very good outfit once again. I am particularly pleased that we have now gone two games without conceding. Good teams start from the back, and we are now looking good in all departments. Funnily enough, though it is early days, we only required small tweaks to the current squad to get where we are now but what an inspired re-signing Greg Wilkinson is proving to be. I was unable to make the Stalybridge game last night as we had a house party - where I quaffed 5 pints of Dunham Massey Alty Ale. Good pint.

I must say that Jim has been a revelation since his arrival, to have turned things round so quickly with the nucleus of the same squad at the start of the season. Long may his success continue. He must know now have much we are behind him, as he deservedly reaps the benefits of our backing. I was really impressed with the following I heard on Radio Robins yesterday, especially as there were over 200 of us and I am sorry I could not be there. Lots of our players are coming good now, and there is no shortage of goals, but ur organisation seems much better, even without Tom Hannigan at present.

Yes after the dark days of the beginning of the season, there is now much to look forward to, so lets close ranks and get behind the team once again - and enjoy coming to Alty once more.

Keeping it going all at Alty, I am sure good days are ahead once more.

Onwards and Upwards!! 

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Going Forward
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »

It now looks as if we have turned a corner and we are now looking a very good outfit once again. I am particularly pleased that we have now gone two games without conceding. Good teams start from the back, and we are now looking good in all departments. Funnily enough, though it is early days, we only required small tweaks to the current squad to get where we are now but what an inspired re-signing Greg Wilkinson is proving to be. I was unable to make the Stalybridge game last night as we had a house party - where I quaffed 5 pints of Dunham Massey Alty Ale. Good pint.

I must say that Jim has been a revelation since his arrival, to have turned things round so quickly with the nucleus of the same squad at the start of the season. Long may his success continue. He must know now have much we are behind him, as he deservedly reaps the benefits of our backing. I was really impressed with the following I heard on Radio Robins yesterday, especially as there were over 200 of us and I am sorry I could not be there. Lots of our players are coming good now, and there is no shortage of goals, but ur organisation seems much better, even without Tom Hannigan at present.

Yes after the dark days of the beginning of the season, there is now much to look forward to, so lets close ranks and get behind the team once again - and enjoy coming to Alty once more.

Onwards and Upwards!! 

Let's not get giddy. It was a god awful game where they had a few chances that would usually be taken. We are still making mistakes that tend to get punished, we got away with it yesterday as Stalybridge contrived to be worse than us. That said I agree that Wilkinson is a revelation!

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »

Onwards and Upwards!!  
yesterday was a bog awful game between two relegation fodder teams, still a long way to go and massive improvement required but its a start. Don't get giddy Steve from Sale

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »

If we had not won yesterday we were down in my opinion

We have won 3 games 2 against lower opposition and 1 against a side that will be relegated

Finishing 4th from bottom is the goal this season now . Anything higher is a bonus .

We desperately need to progress in the fa cup to give Jim more cash to strengthen the squad

Sadly even with the amazing work Jim has done so far this is one of the worst alty teams I have ever seen .
ParkINson's red and white army

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »

A very good outfit once again??? Calm down

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »

On a scale from 1 to 10 we've improved from 1 to 3.5

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 02:09:48 PM »

We were very flattered by the margin of victory against Morpeth, and almost the same is true of yesterday's win. There were far too many hairy moments in our own penalty area against moderate opposition & for long periods watching grass grow seemed more attractive than the fare on offer. That said, we have now got a League win under our collective belt, confidence should be boosted to a degree, certain players my be nearer fitness by the time we next play a League game & given enough of the ball Wilkinson is looking like the 'play-maker' we need. Next week brings its own pressures, but the three League games that follow will be very important too.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 02:34:06 PM »

We were very flattered by the margin of victory against Morpeth, and almost the same is true of yesterday's win. There were far too many hairy moments in our own penalty area against moderate opposition & for long periods watching grass grow seemed more attractive than the fare on offer. That said, we have now got a League win under our collective belt, confidence should be boosted to a degree, certain players my be nearer fitness by the time we next play a League game & given enough of the ball Wilkinson is looking like the 'play-maker' we need. Next week brings its own pressures, but the three League games that follow will be very important too.

That's it. Regardless of performance the bottom line is we won yesterday and with now 3 home games on the trot coming up (all of which are very winnable) things could be looking up in 2 weeks time. First Matlock though which is a very big game both on and off the pitch. £12,500 prize money at stake.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »

If we had not won yesterday we were down in my opinion

We have won 3 games 2 against lower opposition and 1 against a side that will be relegated

Finishing 4th from bottom is the goal this season now . Anything higher is a bonus .

We desperately need to progress in the fa cup to give Jim more cash to strengthen the squad

Sadly even with the amazing work Jim has done so far this is one of the worst alty teams I have ever seen .

probably worse teams in the 90s

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 03:44:55 PM »

probably worse teams in the 90s.

i can honestly say this is the worst (collective)alty team for at least 30 years , we have had some bad teams , even when we were relegated under km with only one defender they still would have beaten us , players like darren royle being detrimental to the teams from the 90's still would have annihilated us , the only positive is that this team cant get any worse as a collective unit , we have some ok players but my god , young really screwed over the team and made decent cn players look sunday league at best ... so jim harvey and buzzz deserve all the ploaudits that they are getting but dont be fooled we are still in the cack and have a long journey up the cack motorway to get out of this mess
FFS

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »

individually yesterdays team is generally ok for conf north level imo but yes agreed collectively a way to go

brinners

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »

The problem is not so much the individuals we have got (though I think we are carrying some). It's more about the players we have not got. Had Luca and Scott stayed, we'd be nowhere near the bottom. Enough said.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »

The Bower Fold natives are not happy......

"That was Alty's first win of the season. They are a dreadful side. wilkinson may have been the best player on the pitch yet he's barely competent at National North level and ..... they beat us 2-0 at home.

I'm unconvinced there are three worse teams than us in that league. Sadly we are headed for the next tier down.

The pie hut is an absolute farce. The slowest service in any catering outlet anywhere, ever."

http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/14189-ally-at-home-tomorrow/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »

The problem is not so much the individuals we have got (though I think we are carrying some). It's more about the players we have not got. Had Luca and Scott stayed, we'd be nowhere near the bottom. Enough said.

Really!  Leather was good with someone to hold his hand and Havern left at Christmas
Full time and proud of it

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »

Read the article, so we are known as ALLY now are we ?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Going Forward