PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: AFC Telford  (Read 24979 times)

GB Alty

Re: AFC Telford
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 08:18:18 PM »

I recall from the last accounts something like an income for Alty for the year of £500k - therefore costs were roughly the same.

500k divide by 21 home games  divide by 1000 attendance = £23.80 per person needed for every adult, oap, student, child, under 12 to fund the football club at its current level.

So every time you pay £14 on the gate - somewhere the club has managed to earn another £10 to match that - whether through sponsorship, bar takings, donations, fund raising, bucket collections etc.
don't forget about selling players to premier league clubs and cup runs - all income

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 10:13:53 PM »

Its seeing situations like this that put into perspective how well Alty is run, on lower attendances as well.
in what way are we better run? We don't have a pot to piss in and the chairmans always asking the supporters for money

Another typical Negative Jamie comment. I thought you were an accountant, surely you understand living within your income, if you dont you cant be much of one.

Just for the record, the current board removed a 600K deficit and have consistently balanced the books ever since, the club has no debt, no directors loans, an 80 year ground lease and one of the most enviable Community set ups in the country.

Yet you Jamie just want to sling insults at the very people who have made such a superb job of running the club financially. If you ran the club god knows what state we would be in.

York Alty is back

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 11:06:41 PM »

Its seeing situations like this that put into perspective how well Alty is run, on lower attendances as well.
in what way are we better run? We don't have a pot to piss in and the chairmans always asking the supporters for money

Another typical Negative Jamie comment. I thought you were an accountant, surely you understand living within your income, if you dont you cant be much of one.

Just for the record, the current board removed a 600K deficit and have consistently balanced the books ever since, the club has no debt, no directors loans, an 80 year ground lease and one of the most enviable Community set ups in the country.

Yet you Jamie just want to sling insults at the very people who have made such a superb job of running the club financially. If you ran the club god knows what state we would be in.
I'm getting the word...Enron.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »

In terms of the ground being tidy I would disagree personally the huge nettles and sheer drop at the away end is an accident waiting to happen

I suppose it's all a matter of time and money though

However I do have to say this club does some amazing community work that we should all be very proud of and the community hall has been a huge improvement

Plus, the Popular Side is turning into a jungle with all the weeds!

bumble

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 09:14:07 AM »

In terms of the ground being tidy I would disagree personally the huge nettles and sheer drop at the away end is an accident waiting to happen

However I do have to say this club does some amazing community work that we should all be very proud of and the community hall has been a huge improvement

WHY DONT YOU DO IT THEN1!!1!11

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »

:D

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »

:D

It was fully weeded and cleared by the ground work party in June.  What we need is more supporters to trample the weeds to death - then they wouldnt grow!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »

Exactly! How many fans attended the ground tidy up days? not many.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 01:07:15 PM »

Ask Jamie - he was on the grounds committee!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 02:29:18 PM »

We're back to that 'If u don't like it do yourself' bollocks are we? A lot of people,myself included haven't got the time or the desire to help tidy things up. In all honesty I'm only interested with what happens on the pitch as I'm sure many others are. If people want to volunteer then fine,well done to them but don't shout down those that don't. It's like the CSH people keep spouting on about,I personally couldn't give a sh*t about zumba or pilates etc and was quite happy with the old bar for an after match pint,I'm only interested in the team.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »

I don't volunteer due to it being too far to travel just to do a bit of weeding or paint a barrier, having said that, maybe the volunteer numbers may increase if they were say, given free entry to a couple or three games at a date and time suitable to both the club and recipients. Perhaps they could be some sort of voucher scheme.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »

We're back to that 'If u don't like it do yourself' bollocks are we? A lot of people,myself included haven't got the time or the desire to help tidy things up. In all honesty I'm only interested with what happens on the pitch as I'm sure many others are. If people want to volunteer then fine,well done to them but don't shout down those that don't. It's like the CSH people keep spouting on about,I personally couldn't give a sh*t about zumba or pilates etc and was quite happy with the old bar for an after match pint,I'm only interested in the team.

A lot of fans are only interested in the team. Get that.
The point you seem to be missing is that the creation of the CSH will bring in and is bringing much more money into the club to support the team, (the old bar was tiny and very poor and income from it low) the more fans and income the better players we can afford.
Surely you can see that ?

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 04:08:52 PM »

The point you seem to be missing is that the creation of the CSH will bring in and is bringing much more money into the club to support the team, (the old bar was tiny and very poor and income from it low) the more fans and income the better players we can afford.

And the more that volunteer and get things done for free or cheap that would otherwise need cash to be done - the more thats left for the bit we all care about - the playing budget.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »

It's working well then
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:37:15 PM by Blind Bat »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm  ;)
Yes the CSH is working well,.... unfortunately having more money doesnt guarantee better players when you have the wrong manager spending it, ie NY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford