PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: AFC Telford  (Read 24982 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Telford
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2016, 12:21:40 PM »

The books have been balanced - fact- income = expenditure give or take the ultimate 35k loss.

Right...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2016, 09:02:51 PM »

Hi Ian. Thanks for your kind offer to chat, but I’m straight off tomorrow unfortunately and I can’t stay around. Happy to arrange for another time.
For a start, I wasn’t talking about the last 10 years (and the selling of land and paper profit associated with cancelling historical loans), I was talking about the cash loss of the past 4/5 years under the current chairman of the football club. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.
That loss is a fact. You are wrong. It is in the annual accounts. The club has made a loss over that period and we are losing money.
The chairman said as much at the AGM this year. If you weren’t able to make it, I have reproduced below.
“The accounts show we made a £40k loss last season, following on from a £16k loss the previous season, despite bringing in substantial funds from the transfer of Duncan Watmore to Sunderland.”
“The 2015-16 budget is projected to lose £36k and, as a consequence, the Club’s cash reserves will be down to £38k by the season end, leaving little room to manoeuvre.”
Are you accusing the chairman of lying Ian? Otherwise let’s dispel this myth that we are living within our means and balancing the books.
Admittedly the other figures I was using are slightly ‘back of fag packet’ but perhaps you would be able to help?
In terms of unbudgeted cup money, if we take the Burton year as an example then we made £25k prize money (excluding gate receipts) before we arrived at Burton. We then made £35k for hosting an FA Cup 1st Round Replay on the TV. I make that £60k (ish) before we had taken any share of gate receipts from either Burton game or the earlier rounds. So would you be happy with me rounding that at £65k-£70k all told? I haven’t done the same calculation for the Colchester run last year – but perhaps if you would excuse me rounding the total (as I did) for both at around £150k (ish) for both years?
In terms of player receipts, I admit I am only trying to read between the lines from the club accounts. However if you take the total turnover in the year we sold Watmore (2014 accounts), and exclude the cup/TV money from the year before we sold him (Burton), then you would be left with approx. £100k (give or take) extra unaccounted turnover in that year. Either way, there is a sharp and unaccounted increase and it would be reasonable to assume that this is in some way linked to the sale of a player to a premier league club. Please feel free to correct me if my, admittedly basic, calculations would be incorrect.
So that would be an educated guess of an additional quarter of a million pounds into the club under the current chairman that wasn’t budgeted for – as I said in the post above. The actual figure is almost irrelevant. It is still baffling and alarming that we are in the position we are in given the amount of money that has poured into the club under the current chairman. And we are STILL losing money.
To claim we are “consistently balancing the books” is a total myth Ian.
And I can see why NY is an easy, and worthy, scapegoat but he was manager for 6 games. We have been sh*t football team, and in decline, for 18 months.

Sorry missed you today, pity as we could have discussed  this last years accounts that came out today so I am starting a new thread and I suggest you review your own fag packet estimates and the incorrect conclusions you then draw from them.

Facts always help to see the true situation   ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:19:27 PM by PukkaPieman »

Matt Taylor

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2016, 11:13:56 PM »

Hi Ian. Thanks for your kind offer to chat, but I’m straight off tomorrow unfortunately and I can’t stay around. Happy to arrange for another time.
For a start, I wasn’t talking about the last 10 years (and the selling of land and paper profit associated with cancelling historical loans), I was talking about the cash loss of the past 4/5 years under the current chairman of the football club. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.
That loss is a fact. You are wrong. It is in the annual accounts. The club has made a loss over that period and we are losing money.
The chairman said as much at the AGM this year. If you weren’t able to make it, I have reproduced below.
“The accounts show we made a £40k loss last season, following on from a £16k loss the previous season, despite bringing in substantial funds from the transfer of Duncan Watmore to Sunderland.”
“The 2015-16 budget is projected to lose £36k and, as a consequence, the Club’s cash reserves will be down to £38k by the season end, leaving little room to manoeuvre.”
Are you accusing the chairman of lying Ian? Otherwise let’s dispel this myth that we are living within our means and balancing the books.
Admittedly the other figures I was using are slightly ‘back of fag packet’ but perhaps you would be able to help?
In terms of unbudgeted cup money, if we take the Burton year as an example then we made £25k prize money (excluding gate receipts) before we arrived at Burton. We then made £35k for hosting an FA Cup 1st Round Replay on the TV. I make that £60k (ish) before we had taken any share of gate receipts from either Burton game or the earlier rounds. So would you be happy with me rounding that at £65k-£70k all told? I haven’t done the same calculation for the Colchester run last year – but perhaps if you would excuse me rounding the total (as I did) for both at around £150k (ish) for both years?
In terms of player receipts, I admit I am only trying to read between the lines from the club accounts. However if you take the total turnover in the year we sold Watmore (2014 accounts), and exclude the cup/TV money from the year before we sold him (Burton), then you would be left with approx. £100k (give or take) extra unaccounted turnover in that year. Either way, there is a sharp and unaccounted increase and it would be reasonable to assume that this is in some way linked to the sale of a player to a premier league club. Please feel free to correct me if my, admittedly basic, calculations would be incorrect.
So that would be an educated guess of an additional quarter of a million pounds into the club under the current chairman that wasn’t budgeted for – as I said in the post above. The actual figure is almost irrelevant. It is still baffling and alarming that we are in the position we are in given the amount of money that has poured into the club under the current chairman. And we are STILL losing money.
To claim we are “consistently balancing the books” is a total myth Ian.
And I can see why NY is an easy, and worthy, scapegoat but he was manager for 6 games. We have been sh*t football team, and in decline, for 18 months.

Sorry missed you today, pity as we could have discussed  this last years accounts that came out today so I am starting a new thread and I suggest you review your own fag packet estimates and the incorrect conclusions you then draw from them.

Facts always help to see the true situation   ;)

Hi Ian. Yes it was a shame we missed each other today. Although, as I already said, I had to leave the ground on FT.
Thanks for starting a new thread regarding the clubs accounts. If you re-read what I had previously written, then you will see that the "fag packet" estimates didn't relate to this years accounts. It was related to the clubs turnover of previous seasons - most of which was based on publically available FA Cup prize/TV money figures.
Again, apologies if I wasn't clear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford