PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: AFC Telford  (Read 24972 times)

bumble

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Telford
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 02:14:59 PM »

Its seeing situations like this that put into perspective how well Alty is run, on lower attendances as well.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »

And lower league placing,

Nuneaton are up for sale

http://online.flipbuilder.com/krvs/kcjn/mobile/index.html#p=1

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:55:12 PM »

Its seeing situations like this that put into perspective how well Alty is run, on lower attendances as well.
in what way are we better run? We don't have a pot to piss in and the chairmans always asking the supporters for money

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »

in what way are we better run? We don't have a pot to piss in and the chairmans always asking the supporters for money

When was the last statement from Altrincham along the lines of the Telford statement - I imagine before my time supporting them back when the financial issues were around and Chequers was sold? 

Does that not constitute better run.

the "asking supporters for money" comment and some of what was said at the meet the board has started to really irk me.   I feel a number of supporters feel a god given right to some form of subsidy to the club, to subsidise us supporting them so we dont have to pay full whack. Of course the supporters should be asked for money where necessary, its not a free show thats put on every fortnight.  I dont go to a restaurant and expect the manager to pay for half my meal and I dont come to Alty and expect others to fund the club.

We're the supporters, the reason the club is there and the main source of income to keep it there.  The best way to reduce the ask of supporters is for there to be more of us.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 04:59:46 PM »

Attention seeking again? You really don't need to ask a question you know the answer to. Give it a flaming rest.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »

When was the last statement from Altrincham along the lines of the Telford statement - I imagine before my time supporting them back when the financial issues were around and Chequers was sold? 

the "asking supporters for money" comment and some of what was said at the meet the board has started to really irk me.   I feel a number of supporters feel a god given right to some form of subsidy to the club, to subsidise us supporting them so we dont have to pay full whack. Of course the supporters should be asked for money where necessary, its not a free show thats put on every fortnight.  I dont go to a restaurant and expect the manager to pay for half my meal and I dont come to Alty and expect others to fund the club.

We're the supporters, the reason the club is there and the main source of income to keep it there.  The best way to reduce the ask of supporters is for there to be more of us.

Free show? Supporters pay every fortnight to get in the ground so why should they constantly be asked for more money? I've never been to a restaurant where I've paid for a meal then had a bucket shoved in my face for any spare change I have or been asked for an extra quid to guess what time my starter will be ready!

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 05:59:47 PM »

Without massive subsidy no football club would have a pot to piss in...

Its a ludicrous thing to suggest we arent well run structurally...the board maintains a tidy improving ground..a community image and a decent budget.....the board has made a few managerial selection problems but has now corrected those and they could be more succesful attracting investors ......

Have a look at vics runcorn stafford and be a tad more realistic in your assesments of how to run a non league club on our gates...

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »

In terms of the ground being tidy I would disagree personally the huge nettles and sheer drop at the away end is an accident waiting to happen

I suppose it's all a matter of time and money though

However I do have to say this club does some amazing community work that we should all be very proud of and the community hall has been a huge improvement
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 07:07:17 PM »

Free show? Supporters pay every fortnight to get in the ground so why should they constantly be asked for more money? I've never been to a restaurant where I've paid for a meal then had a bucket shoved in my face for any spare change I have or been asked for an extra quid to guess what time my starter will be ready!

And I presume you've never had a service charge added to the bill or paid a tip?
You've paid to get in but have you paid enough to get in. If you did then the extras like the bucket collection wouldn't be needed.

bumble

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 07:20:28 PM »

And I presume you've never had a service charge added to the bill or paid a tip?
You've paid to get in but have you paid enough to get in. If you did then the extras like the bucket collection wouldn't be needed.

Then the business has gone wrong somewhere. Pricing is wrong or sponsorship isn't achieved or their outgoing a are wrong

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »

Then the business has gone wrong somewhere. Pricing is wrong or sponsorship isn't achieved or their outgoing a are wrong

The pricing is wrong, but its all that the market will bear, therefore its a loss leader to get people in the gate and then do the best to extract a few more £££s for value added services inside. 

Similarly with sponsorship - whats the market rate of reaching 1000 people a fortnight maximum. 

We all know its skewed by the massive amount of money in football from the higher levels driven through billions of tv/premiership revenue, little of which ever comes to the lower clubs, but adjusts the market.

Sticking with the restaurant theme - I guess its the equivalent of Michelin Star restaurants serving fillet steak for £10 subsidised by other revenue streams, yet Richie can only serve up rump steak for that price.

None of the above is new to any of us - but its the bleating and bickering by some that is frustrating - it is what it is - lets make the best of it by all being a bit more positive and proactive.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 08:05:32 PM »

Out of interest.....

Man Utd make £107m from matchday revenue yet pay Rooney £13m.

Its all from the TV £140m and commercial activities £268m

http://ir.manutd.com/company-information/business-model.aspx

Those who attend the ground on matchday are subsidised by the millions watching on tv and all those buying shirts and other activities.

bumble

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »

The pricing is wrong, but its all that the market will bear, therefore its a loss leader to get people in the gate and then do the best to extract a few more £££s for value added services inside. 

Similarly with sponsorship - whats the market rate of reaching 1000 people a fortnight maximum. 

We all know its skewed by the massive amount of money in football from the higher levels driven through billions of tv/premiership revenue, little of which ever comes to the lower clubs, but adjusts the market.

Sticking with the restaurant theme - I guess its the equivalent of Michelin Star restaurants serving fillet steak for £10 subsidised by other revenue streams, yet Richie can only serve up rump steak for that price.

None of the above is new to any of us - but its the bleating and bickering by some that is frustrating - it is what it is - lets make the best of it by all being a bit more positive and proactive.

It's far more than a 1000 people once a fortnight if done correctly

As for United, that's commercial sales and shirt sales not asking for fans to stick their hands

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »

I recall from the last accounts something like an income for Alty for the year of £500k - therefore costs were roughly the same.

500k divide by 21 home games  divide by 1000 attendance = £23.80 per person needed for every adult, oap, student, child, under 12 to fund the football club at its current level.

So every time you pay £14 on the gate - somewhere the club has managed to earn another £10 to match that - whether through sponsorship, bar takings, donations, fund raising, bucket collections etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford