PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 flares
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: flares  (Read 23775 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: flares
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2016, 05:46:38 PM »

I remember when that flare ruined our last minute winner against Brackley.

Would be happy to donate to a fund to pay for any fines incurred from people having a good time at the game.

Perhaps the half-time bucket collection could be used for this purpose as well?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »

Would be happy to donate to a fund to pay for any fines incurred from people having a good time at the game.

😂

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

Not to mention, amongst others 

This

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282468/A-young-fan-killed-Corinthians-match-flare-thrown-crowd.html
more tragedy God rest there souls . I may be wrong but I thought it was a smoke bomb not a flare on Saturday.  However I was not there so could be wrong
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »

Ps for the record I don't really agree with flares or smoke bombs at games  but this thread like others is making us look silly again

taxi Phil

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »

not caused by flares or smoke bombs, but if anyone wants a reminder of how fire and football don't mix well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxN3ypB3rw

I thought the comment at the top of the thread likening a kid throwing a smoke bomb to a serious assault was going to be the most ridiculously stupid non sequitur on this thread
I was wrong

It wasn't a comparison obviously....more an attempt to get Blind Bat to quantify whether there was SOME point where turning in "one of your own" became acceptable.

For the record, I almost certainly wouldn't rat on Saturday's offender since there was no real harm done. If an innocent bystander was injured my view would probably be different.

Bath Alty

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »

The club is responding to the FAs request / demand. They've said they are taking it seriously. If they said anything else it would invite further action from the FA. What they have done is the best they can do to avoid further action against the club.
I'd say the statement is more for the FA than for the supporters. If they said anything else it would attract negative publicity. 
If the FA decide to fine the club without any clear evidence that Alty fans were involved that is the time for us to look for a different response from the club.   

I don't remember agreeing with you on much before but this is spot on

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2016, 01:35:19 AM »

I'm with Jimmy, bucket collection on sat to bail out whoever commited such a heinous crime, I'll donate. 

Dinosaurs

southerner

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2016, 09:08:26 AM »

I can't tell whether this is serious. Maybe I'm getting old. Surely a bucket collection would be seen as a de facto protest, and if the club allows it, then the club will be seen as condoning a protest against FA and police rules on safety, which would create the following situation:

1. If anyone does get injured in future the club will be held responsible, for having condoned people 'having a good time'.
2. Any insurance will surely be invalidated
3. The next time our licence to host games is considered, this would be top of the agenda for the meeting (regardless of whether anyone is hurt)

Surely responsible custodians of the club would prioritise this? Surely the top priority, for fans and club alike, is that we can continue to watch matches at Moss Lane? And surely the club would prioritise this without ever hinting, without evidence, that they think Alty fans might have been responsible? This is what they have done. The club statement refers throughout to 'both clubs'. If other people want to jump to conclusions about who they think might be worthy of accusation, that's their concern.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2016, 09:19:42 AM »

I can't tell whether this is serious. Maybe I'm getting old. Surely a bucket collection would be seen as a de facto protest, and if the club allows it, then the club will be seen as condoning a protest against FA and police rules on safety, which would create the following situation:

1. If anyone does get injured in future the club will be held responsible, for having condoned people 'having a good time'.
2. Any insurance will surely be invalidated
3. The next time our licence to host games is considered, this would be top of the agenda for the meeting (regardless of whether anyone is hurt)

Surely responsible custodians of the club would prioritise this? Surely the top priority, for fans and club alike, is that we can continue to watch matches at Moss Lane? And surely the club would prioritise this without ever hinting, without evidence, that they think Alty fans might have been responsible? This is what they have done. The club statement refers throughout to 'both clubs'. If other people want to jump to conclusions about who they think might be worthy of accusation, that's their concern.

Oh Jesus Christ. I give up.

southerner

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2016, 09:36:05 AM »

The bit that frustrates me is that I still don't see where the club has criticised any Alty fans in public. Can you show me where this has happened?

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »

Hoping for plenty of flares and smoke bombs at the game today! Massive game come on Alty!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »

Hoping for plenty of flares and smoke bombs at the game today! Massive game come on Alty!!!
disgusting I hope the club will be strip searching fans on the way in with one of the offices used to detain this riff raff

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2016, 11:23:39 AM »

I'm stopping at the bus station shop on the way for a box of fireworks.

roytonmike

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »

I trust your tongue is firmly in your cheek ...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »

I'm stopping at the bus station shop on the way for a box of fireworks.
And a quick game of double dragon ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 flares