PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 flares
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: flares  (Read 23734 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: flares
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »

Where have I said I hold Alty fans responsible? That'll be errr nowhere!

southerner

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »

You said:

"It's a flare,they've not killed anyone! We are basically being asked to grass on our own which you just don't do."

Assuming you identify as an Alty fan.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »

You said:

"It's a flare,they've not killed anyone! We are basically being asked to grass on our own which you just don't do."

Assuming you identify as an Alty fan.

That doesn't mean I personally think an Alty fan did it,just saying that if the club think it's an Alty fan it's not right to expect fellow Alty fans to turn informers. Talk about 2+2=5!!

York Alty is back

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »

Some cat out there not digging flares? Like, drop out man.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:50:08 PM by York Alty »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 02:49:14 PM »

This thread has really flared up
ParkINson's red and white army

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »

Gosh.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »

Having read through this thread and doing some research online its worth pointing out some of the below :- 

Personally - it annoys me when anything is thrown, its not funny, it disrupts the game and puts people in danger - I'd happily "grass" if I knew who did it - because one day it  could be someone I know who gets hurt. 

People are getting jailed and banned
•   In November 2013 a Manchester United fan that set off a smoke bomb during their clash with West Bromwich Albion - Sir Alex Ferguson's last game in charge – was given a two month jail term (suspended for 12 months) and banned from any football grounds for three years.
•   In February 2013 two Chelsea fans were jailed for 28 days and given six year football banning orders for taking smoke bombs into the Liberty Stadium for a match versus Swansea City. Their appeal for the sentence was thrown out.
•   In January 2013 an 18 year old Exeter City fan was jailed for two months and given a six year banning order for attempting to take a smoke bomb into Torquay United v Exeter City.
•   In August 2012 an Oxford United fan was jailed for two months and given a six year banning order for taking a smoke bomb into Home Park for a match versus Plymouth Argyle.

Recent examples of injuries caused by pyrotechnics at English football grounds

•   Leeds United v Shrewsbury Town, 11 August 2012 – two supporters were injured, one requiring hospital treatment, when an industrial firework was ignited and thrown in the away supporters’ toilet. 
•   Coventry City v Walsall, 8 December 2012 - a flare was discharged by the Walsall supporters. A steward placed his foot on the device to prevent further smoke escaping, however the sole of his shoe melted causing injury.
•   Leicester City v Sheffield Wednesday, 9 March 2013 - a female supporter received treatment for burns to her leg from one of the smoke bombs thrown between supporters. 
•   Bolton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town, 2 April 2013 - Bolton supporters ignited a flare and an 18 year old youth was treated for burns picking it up.
•   West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United, 20 April 2013 – fans were treated for shrapnel wounds following the setting off of thunder flashes. Debris passed through jeans and caused cuts to legs.
•   Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa, May 2013 - a 15-year-old boy suffered lung damage from a smoke bomb thrown during the game. The boy needed hospital treatment, while two women aged 22 and 24, also required attention for the effects of the device.
•   Liverpool v Everton, May 2013 – an eight year Everton fan was hit by a smoke bomb thrown by fans in the away end. He was treated for a burn on his neck on his first visit to a Merseyside derby.
•   Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur on 20 October 2013 - an assistant referee was struck by a lit smoke canister thrown from the stand.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »

not caused by flares or smoke bombs, but if anyone wants a reminder of how fire and football don't mix well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxN3ypB3rw

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »

not caused by flares or smoke bombs, but if anyone wants a reminder of how fire and football don't mix well..

I thought the comment at the top of the thread likening a kid throwing a smoke bomb to a serious assault was going to be the most ridiculously stupid non sequitur on this thread
I was wrong

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »

Keith Lard

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2016, 04:20:17 PM »

I thought the comment at the top of the thread likening a kid throwing a smoke bomb to a serious assault was going to be the most ridiculously stupid non sequitur on this thread
I was wrong

Reports that flare-wielding footballs fans were present at the start of time remain unconfirmed.

Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Frosty

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »

I can't stay silent any longer I have to admit I saw the culprit

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »

wow ... as you say not related to a smoke bomb in any way with fire exits locked so fans perished trying to exit

This forum never ceases to amaze me
ParkINson's red and white army

Frosty

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »

Are you on crack?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 flares