PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In Jim we trust
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: In Jim we trust  (Read 15976 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: In Jim we trust
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 06:23:32 PM »

A change of tactics.
He's said we're ok going forward but plays Reeves on his own up front.

It makes no sense
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »

A change of tactics.
He's said we're ok going forward but plays Reeves on his own up front.

It makes no sense
it's bloody tragic . I think we can agree on that.  How much more do we have to take of this

Over 1k there again today unreal really
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »

Didn't hear the attendance but thats good.

We can't keep changing managers but ffs playing 1 up front. Give us a chance

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »

I make it won 4 lost 4  in all competitions since Jim arrived, BPA on Tuesday is big

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »

Give Jim everything he needs

He's got 4 strikers but only starts with 1.

Playing 1 up front against sh*te like Morpeth, Bridge, Marlin and Telford doesn't do it for me.

1 shot on target today.

Get a grip. This league is wank and we will go down
M

He may have four strikers but two of them are utter dog sh*t who shouldn't play for the club again but can't be moved on because the previous manager gave them contracts! Plenty of teams play the same formation as we do with three attacking midfielders behind one striker and don't struggle to create chances so it's not just one up top that's the problem. To play two up front we'd need to play two wingers which we haven't got at the moment. Give Jim a chance,he's got a lot of contracted players that aren't good enough and it won't be easy to ship them out and until we can his hands are tied as to who he can bring in.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »

Woeful display, Moult, Richmond and Lawrie should be inspiring that squad but nothing, arguably the worst 3 players on the pitch. Should have moved Goodall to midfield where he was intended to play when we signed him, not take him off, why was Hobson playing centre back ? He can't cut it there... I hope JH isn't going to persist in playing players out of position, we had enough of that sh*t  when Sinnot was here.

I'm not interested in who or who isn't on a fkn contract. If we don't act now and get some decent players in pretty damm quick then I can see this season mirroring last season and we will be in deep sh*t by the New Year.

Very worried watching that today, we were watching players who gave me the impression that they lack heart and fight... where have I heard that before.

Thought the new LB was decent..

C'mon Alty ffs

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:15 PM »

Martin,

I know his hands are somewhat tied, but he has 2 decent strikers, so why not start them?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 08:51:55 PM »

I have to say that to be honest there hasn't been that much improvement on the performances since Young went. Ok we've won 4 games but 2 were against lower league opposition, another one we probably shouldn't have won and the other against a team even worse than us from what I'm told.

Over the years we've had a habit of signing players who had seen better days and I can't help wondering if this is the case with Jim Harvey. Is he past his sell-by date? His signings aren't really very inspiring and the fact that they are players who played for him 5 years ago, makes me worry that his contacts book is no bigger than Lee Sinnott's.

VofD

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »

I have to say that to be honest there hasn't been that much improvement on the performances since Young went. Ok we've won 4 games but 2 were against lower league opposition, another one we probably shouldn't have won and the other against a team even worse than us from what I'm told.

Over the years we've had a habit of signing players who had seen better days and I can't help wondering if this is the case with Jim Harvey. Is he past his sell-by date? His signings aren't really very inspiring and the fact that they are players who played for him 5 years ago, makes me worry that his contacts book is no bigger than Lee Sinnott's.

Agreed.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 08:56:10 PM »

you normally beat teams that are worse than you ... Pep G would struggle to get much out of the situation Jim has been placed into
ParkINson's red and white army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »

Jim's record is good, and that includes his recent record too. I think any manager would be struggling with this squad. It isn't good enough, they are on contracts and can't be shifted easily and low on confidence. If Jim manages to keep us up he'll have a done a great job. Then, the following season we can judge his skills and decisions.

brinners

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 09:18:47 PM »

Jim's signings have been ok. What he inherited was utter sh*te. If this club really wants to stay up it needs to start throwing caution to the wind. Some of the senior players have seriously let us down and quite frankly need freezing out. If I were Jim I'd be on the beg and borrow big time for certain key players - a right back (so Sam can play further forward), a centre back (to cover for Tom) and above all, a midfielder who can pass the ball. Gary Jones has been out of the Southport team and is quite local. He's a bit long in the tooth, but probably just what we need. We can play 2 strikers once we sort out our defence and midfield. It's becoming desperate now and just leaving things as they are is not going to work.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 09:21:46 PM »

Also lawrie and Miller are luxury players can play one but both doesn't work

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:27 PM »

Also lawrie and Miller are luxury players can play one but both doesn't work

Add Wilkinson to that group.....no way can any team afford so many luxury players.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »

Martin,

I know his hands are somewhat tied, but he has 2 decent strikers, so why not start them?

Glyn,

I agree we have 2 decent strikers but we haven't got any wingers to play 4 4 2. Maybe 3 5 2 could be an option? Patterson would be a decent wing back but I can't comment on McWilliams as I wasn't there today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In Jim we trust